Sign in to follow this  
superskunk

Weapons requests

Well, if BIS would make all of these weapons stated here,

it would feel kind of messy,

like the patch that came out (1.31 or so) that had the g36 and steyr etc. I never use those guns.

Would we have more and more of those Soldier

(this and that) in the editor list?

Or, BIS would develope the new interface for the units in the editor, would be really handy, you could choose the weapons and all, this would flip up everything i just said.

Or could BIS just focuse on the common and most used guns?

End of statement.  rock.gif

A Proper working shotgun so it sprays out buckshot at the same time instead of firing small bullets really quick like it does in OFP

Maybe improved reloading animations so you actually see the magazines being removed from the weapon and a new one being put back in?

Improved reloading sounds would also be a bonus...

Got to make a comment on the 1911 jamming debate.

Quote[/b] ]A genuine M1911A1 is a genuine jam-o-matic

Quote[/b] ]M1911A1 jam?

Bah, not with standard issue ball ammo...

The colt 1911A1 is the second most reliable sidearm in the world.(The glock is first, but thats a piece of "Made in Taiwan" plastic junk). I have my very own colt 1911 and i haven't had a jam in over 500 rounds (And many of them had i made myself).

But one thing that i like to see in OPF2 is that you can choose have reliable the weapons are from 1 jam every 1000 rounds to 1 every 10K rounds. That would be great.

This wouldn't be any problem to make in the game just, just when the weapons jams let the solidier scream "Damn, piece of shit" or something and remove all rounds to that gun.

Weapon jams were common problems soldiers had do deal with in vietnam, due to the use of the premature M16 (M15). So I would like to see this in OPF2. How great wouldn't it be to have a vietcong soldier in your crosshair, and just when you push the left mousebutton (or ctrl) the weapon jams. Then you had to go search for another weapon lying around. How realistic and annoying wouldn't that be. Add's a little "Will the gun work" fear to the gaming experience.

This is somthing the BI should consider to have as an option on the expert level. Based on realistic jamming stats.

And to shadow (In norwegian):

Hvordan kan du si at 1911 er en dårlig pistol? Da har du ikke prøvd mange andre pistoler, sånn som dem klikker. I forhold til andre slag (Untatt Glock) er den klikke og kile fri. Du må ikke her blande med andre etterligninger av våpnet som Paraordinace, Pardini eller andre etterligninger.

Usually all you do when your jun jams is extract the jammed round and keep firing away, no reason to just toss it aside and look for a new one rock.gif

But BIS should really add gun jams, they were just so common on the M16A1 and XM16E1 that it'd be a crime not to include them smile_o.gif

Most jams are simple enough to fix using the IAs (immediate actions), but sometimes you do get one that requires stripping the weapon down. In a firefight, thats a real bad thing, so you might just grab the nearest weapon instead.

I can't remember the name of it. It was in we were soldiers. It's that explosive tape they used to clear the new LZ. Anyone remember that?

Quote[/b] ]Usually all you do when your jun jams is extract the jammed round and keep firing away, no reason to just toss it aside and look for a new one

This is what you do when you got a small jam, but as Baron Hurlothrumbo IIX it's better in combat to take your dead friends weapon. In Vietnam (Wich is one of the theatres in this game) many american soldiers throw their gun away and that was a treasure to the vietcong that fixed the weapon and jused it agains the americans, so the most realistic and easiest thing to do is make the gun empty.

My wish list

1. Chainsaw (For civilian resistance)

2. HAVE THE TURRETS HAVE RECOIL AND BOUNCE LIKE HELL DEPENDING ON ITS POSITION.

3. Shotguns that work like shotgun with the spread

4. M249

5. Bipods! that work

6. When bullet casings hit the ground they make REALISTIC sounds.

7. NAPALM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About Flares:

-  Add Flare pistols

-  Add Flare-grenades (if they excist)

-  Add Flare-traps...which are triggered by enemy walking cross section.

-  Add some kind of automatic Flare-fire-systems.  So a base-perimeter will be lightened at all time.

Flare-Fixes:

-  Make flares useable in day time, at least make them visable...

-  Make flares burn also when on ground.

For Fun:

-  Add Fireworks  unclesam.gif

Sskunk

Got to make a comment on the 1911 jamming debate.
Quote[/b] ]A genuine M1911A1 is a genuine jam-o-matic  

Quote[/b] ]M1911A1 jam?

Bah, not with standard issue ball ammo...

The colt 1911A1 is the second most reliable sidearm in the world.(The glock is first, but thats a piece of "Made in Taiwan" plastic junk). I have my very own colt 1911 and i haven't had a jam in over 500 rounds (And many of them had i made myself).

I believe it took 3000 or 30000 rounds without malfuntions.

Dunno about grenades, but there are certainly road flares.

Also, flashbang grenades would be nice...but I'm not sure if they were around back in the era in which OFP2 was set...

About Flares:

-  Add Flare pistols

-  Add Flare-traps...which are triggered by enemy walking cross section.

-  Add some kind of automatic Flare-fire-systems.  So a base-perimeter will be lightened at all time.

Flare-Fixes:

-  Make flares useable in day time, at least make them visable...

-  Make flares burn also when on ground.

For Fun:

-  Add Fireworks  unclesam.gif

Sskunk

Everything you request can be done using scripts/exists so it shouldn't be a problem for BIS to implement in OFP2 I should think wink_o.gif

About shoulder-launched missiles

- Ability to launch when laying down, crouching and standing.

- Ability to carry rockets, and other ammunition, without carrying the weapon, so that you can be a pair, one shooter and one loader.

(The loader then keeps the rockets on his back (2nd weapon slot), and doesn't waste his ammunition slots.)

Loaded weapons don't count in the ammo pool.

What I mean is, in OFP1 you carry 4 mags standard. 1 of which is the current one in your weapon.

So, if it is loaded in your weapon, I'd like to see another mag being able to be carried.

BIS use standard weapons for fighting which people use in that time, let the weapons be more poly and beter texstures let say as AO

biggrin_o.gif

I would like to see some more detailed hands and beter look of weapon in ur hands,recoil must be improwed , dont use one animation for holding the weapon,....u knew what i mean

its up to u ....BIS blues.gif

- Ability to launch when laying down[...]

Hmmm...That sounds hard let alone unsafe rock.gif

- Ability to launch when laying down[...]

Hmmm...That sounds hard let alone unsafe rock.gif

milantraining.jpg

I know the Milan falls outside the time period of OFP2 but if you look carefully you can see that the soldier is not lying in line with the missile, instead he is angled away, avoiding the casing as it shoots backwards. So it can be done!!

Yes it's not unusual. The loader lays in 90 degree to the shooter so he can check that the rear is clear.

- Ability to carry rockets, and other ammunition, without carrying the weapon, so that you can be a pair, one shooter and one loader.

(The loader then keeps the rockets on his back (2nd weapon slot), and doesn't waste his ammunition slots.)

You should check out my support units : here...although the same effect can be achieved in the mission editor...

Dunno about grenades, but there are certainly road flares.

Also, flashbang grenades would be nice...but I'm not sure if they were around back in the era in which OFP2 was set...

No flash bangs until the late 70's middle 80's. Why LA's D-platoon (SWAT) was just formed in middle to late 70's and they used gas mos of the time. (CS gas.) Flash bangs are correctly named NFDs and come in all shapes and sizes also the standard flash bang used by most tactical teams is called a NFD (Noise Flash Device) #56. Also they are avaliable with 40mm canesters that have rubber buletts in them they are called Hornet's nests. All of wich didn't really come into wide spread use until late 80's early 90's. Mostly in Vietnam it was smoke (Somtimes cs but mostly the loved was the white red and yellow phosperous grenade smoke.) Some pinaple grenades earlyer in the war, later on it was mostly lemon syle ones. M18 smokes were prety popular ans still are.

Trip flares are good but base perimeters don't need to be lit all the time because that would tell the enimy all you are doing. Mostly now in place of trip flares thier is a trip device that activates a glow stick that is high intensity and it can be used over and over. (Glowsticks are needed for each use.) Teams of 2 and 4 guards peform a eliptical pattern and check for the triped glowstick traps.

You should check out my support units : here...although the same effect can be achieved in the mission editor...

Nice plug Major, I salute you!! (Even if you are of equivalent rank!! tounge_o.gif )

...although the same effect can be achieved in the mission editor...

Well yeah but they aren't loaded on the back, and another related problem is that if you drop your RPG launcher for example, you also drop the rockets.