TOKAREV TT33 7.62mm AUTOMATIC PISTOL

Tokarov_Pistol.GIF

MAKAROV PM 9.5mm AUTOMATIC PISTOL

Makarov_Pistol.GIF

81 mm Mortar

81_mortar.jpg

75 mm Recoilless Rifle

75_mm_Recoil.jpg

There's something very strange about that picture labelled "PPSh41", not only is it missing the very common drum, but it also appears to exhibit some elements of that other Russian subgun... the PPSh43, perhaps?

Yeah, it's not a PPSh41, must be a later version or a Chinese clone.

and that's not a RPD, it's a RPK. A RPD would be this.

the VC might also have used the Degtyarev DP-27.

for the HMG department I'd suggest the Gorjunov SG-43 and DShK.

Quote[/b] ]v1.91 layout of gear carying capacity with an extra 4 slots.

Just four? are you nuts?  For vietnam style fighting you need a more realistic carry amount.  Like able to carry 30 mags.

And the fire ability for two handguns is good too.

30 mags needs 15 pouches and that's 900 rounds. Come on that's way to rambo. You would be so weighted down that it would be unreal. MAbe 15 inventory slot's at the most but thirty that's pushing it. (You are usealy resupplied and thier is usealy a ammo cashe and ammo runners who bring you ammo.)

U.S. Weapons:

M-16A1, 5.56mm Assault Rifle

CAR-15, 5.56mm Assault Rifle

BROWNING .50 Cal Machine Gun

M-60, 7.62mm GPMG

BROWNING .30 Cal Machine Gun

M-72, 66mm Light Anti-tank Weapon (LAW)

M-20, 3.5 inch Rocket Launcher

M-203, 40mm Grenade Launcher

M-79, 40mm Grenade Launcher

M-67, 90mm Recoilless Rifle

M-1911A1, .45 Automatic Pistol

M-14, 7.62mm Rifle

M-1 Carbine

Cal .38 Special

V.C. weapons:

AK-47 7.62mm ASSAULT RIFLE

SIMONOV 7.62mm SELF-LOADING RIFLE (SKS)

RPD-7.62mm GPMG

MAT49 modified 7.62mm SMG

PPSh41 7.62mm SMG

Chicom Type-56, 7.62mm ASSAULT RIFLE

Type-24, 7.92mm HEAVY MACHINEGUN

RPG-7 ROCKET LAUNCHER

TOKAREV TT33 7.62mm AUTOMATIC PISTOL

MAKAROV PM 9.5mm AUTOMATIC PISTOL

81 mm Mortar

75 mm Recoilless Rifle

Errm...Practically all the modern weapons you've listed there are BIS default ones rock.gif

And most of the others are already out there somewhere...

The whole list should be the standard for a Vetnam game. BIS surely already plans to include them. wink_o.gif

Just four? are you nuts?  For vietnam style fighting you need a more realistic carry amount.  Like able to carry 30 mags.

30 mags needs 15 pouches and that's 900 rounds. Come on that's way to rambo. You would be so weighted down that it would be unreal. MAbe 15 inventory slot's at the most but thirty that's pushing it. (You are usealy resupplied and thier is usealy a ammo cashe and ammo runners who bring you ammo.)

Im talking 20 round M16 mags man.  20*30=600.

And thats not rambo.  All Vietnam was mostly was spraying into the tree line that you heard the enemy.

Edit:

And why did you put "And the fire ability for two handguns is good too." into my quote? I didn't say that...

I don't believe a human being has enough places for thirty pouches.

Quote[/b] ]MAKAROV PM 9.5mm AUTOMATIC PISTOL

I belive its a 9x18mm round. Not 9.5mm.

And PLEASE give the M14 its proper dammage abilities. I've seen M14s in games that had the dammage capabilities of an M1 Carbine.

30 rounds isn't right, but a platoon sargeant or section 2IC might carry more ammunition than that in boxes or bandoliers. Also the soldiers would probably have bandoliers as well for bombing up their mags.

How many mags can you put in a bandolier? I don't think soldiers in vietnam had many standard mag pouches.

SEB Nam soldiers have two mag pouches and a bandolier.

Maybe some soldiers had even two of them in RL...

You dont put mags in a bandolier, you put rounds in a bandolier.

really? didn't know that. biggrin_o.gif

it always looks like they have magazines in there. but that could be little cardboard boxes, too.

Might be different for different countries or times, but our bandoliers have lots of little pouches, closed by poppers, which each hold 3 x 10 round stripper clips.  With a speedloader you can load a mag with 30 rounds in about 4 -10 seconds.

Stripper clip is a little metal rail that resembles the connectors on a scalextrix set between tracks.  *edit* - cant make ascii pics work right, it thinks I'm trying to do code or something.

30 mags at three a pouch is 10 pouches by my count......

If any of you have read Phatom warriors, most of the spec op guys would carry 18-20 of the 20 round magazines....

I even read of a guy who carried a .38 revolver, Colt .45 pistol, CAR-15 rifle, 12-guage shotgun, and a M79 not to mention ammo for them all....

You need to be more spesific on time lines things are run differently now. Look at the first 30 or 40 minutes of the first in the series of Delta Force movies where they rapel of the side of the building. That first Movie is almost all true as to how a modern spec ops team opperates they didn't even reload thier weapons more than twice. It's all due to a neet little idea called "Ammo Conservation".

But you guys are all right on if every thing talked about in here covers Vietnam era warfare. But really not much of what was said in this thread covers realistic modern times.

That's why mabe we should start new threads on what's needed. One for the Vietnam part of OfP2 and others for the other aspects corved in OFP2. One thread for everything needed in OFP2 is way too broad. *Here's what I am trying to say we need several threads to cover everything (WEAPONS) needed in OFP2 one for the Vietnam and a few for the toher aspects of the game.*Just a kind sugjestion*

I don't think that Bis should make every possible weapon out there. After all we have good mod makers for that job. IMO

Well in that case they only need to make the base guns used during each time line. I guess we can fill in the rest. So thier shouldn't even be a weapons request list because in real life you take what you are ishued.