Sign in to follow this  
superskunk

Weapons requests

Colt 1911 & Similar .45 caliber pistols-

Series70_O1970A1CS_SMALL.jpg

They don't jam if you treat them well, shoot quality ammo through them, and know how to shoot. That's why special forces, SWAT, police units, and mercenaries all over use them. Now, on the other hand- If you don't know how to clean a gun, or don't care. If you shoot crap rounds through them. Or, if you shoot limp wristed (Shadow?). Then you might have some problems. A glock is a fine gun, I'm sure many of you would take them to your graves (And you will). But a hard hitting, rugged, accurate, mean Colt .45 is the handgun of the guy who walks away from gunfights.

But you can use whatever handgun you want, I'll peg your ass half a mile off with a M-14.

m14-rifle.gif

Sweet_pup

Here's a picture of launching while prone (I took it with webcam so it's not very clear):

liggande.jpg

Most jams are simple enough to fix using the IAs (immediate actions), but sometimes you do get one that requires stripping the weapon down.  In a firefight, thats a real bad thing, so you might just grab the nearest weapon instead.

I remember a couple of times my old M60 would jam (it was a 30 year old weapon and not very well maintained over time) and I'd often have to beat it against a tree to clear out double or triple feeds while on exercise. I hope OFP2 doesn't model that. I'd just get really angry again. crazy_o.gif

MG42

HMG's such as M2 and DShK to be mobile, one carrying the bipod the another the gun... maybe a third carrying the ammo

Stationary AT-weapons, such as AT-4 etc. also to be mobile

Flakcannon... ;)

Just saw a good suggestion in another thread:

Put Flashlights on some rifles, or add flashlights to soldiers like binoculars....

Since in 'Nam there were'nt  NV's or at least not much, a little help in the dark is very welcome..

In addition to this, might think of giving buildings more lights..or give more buildings light.  Thisway a small town will be lightened much longer in a heavy fight, when some lights are blown up~ wow_o.gif

~give all soldiers a Zippo, so they can start a fire at all time~

- bombs on parashutes (for missionmakers with moddificable by script time or height of explosion)

- flash on parashute which is lighting even on ground (with modificable speed and time of light)

- working bipod which inflict accuracy and mobility

- working tripod -

i.e. a team with Dshk - one soldier carry a gun, second one a tripod - they could then install the gun on tripod mount  or on AA mount

- guns towed by infantry with animation of towing and installing like :

-- maxim type 1910 machine gun on sokolov mount

-- B-10

-- SPG-9

- some old guns used by vietnam partisans like:

-- berthier rifle

-- lebel rifle

-- chauchat lmg

- home made booby traps

- multiturret vehicles what will make possible multiple weapon turets on boats, aicraft etc, multiple firing points on tanks (i.e 3 guns on T54 - in turret, AA gun on the turret, and driver machine gun)

and it will extend moddability of the game

-- chauchat lmg

better give it a 99% jam rate to make it realistic tounge_o.gif

A flamethrower. A big fat dirty flamethrower biggrin_o.gif .

flamethrower-vietnam.jpg

F9.jpg

Tank or infantry operated of course!

I remember a couple of times my old M60 would jam (it was a 30 year old weapon and not very well maintained over time) and I'd often have to beat it against a tree to clear out double or triple feeds while on exercise. I hope OFP2 doesn't model that. I'd just get really angry again.

The 30 year old M60 you had will be almost shiny new in OFP's Vietnam missions. biggrin_o.gif

Here's a picture of launching while prone (I took it with webcam so it's not very clear):

http://hem.bredband.net/b102693/temp/liggande.jpg[/im

Are those figurines? I collect figurines. What brand are those? Do they have a website? wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

(sorry for being offtopic)

(Sorry, I've taken the pic off my ftp.) What is a figurine? The picture was from a Swedish military field manual, they were actual photos of prone launching.

SA80 and british weapons as well as british units NATO isnt just americans after all. also more squad machine guns as well as better noises for all weapons

i saw this in a film ( i think in the gulf war)

where some woman is a really good soldier and dies and deserves some really impressive ( don';t forget shiny!)

medal..

but one of her comrades hits her by accident and she dies in a firefight, later on some general wants to know if she was worth the medal

and all her comrades are jealous and try to make themsleves sound better

ANYWAY

while flying in a Huey over an enemy tank and a bunch of soldiers, she pushes out a box of ammo or summat else

when it hits the tank she shoots a flare at it and it splodes

i'm not asking to be able to do this, but if you had to, you could have a flare gun

like a single use pistol which fired a flare ( don't tell me you ca get one)

but you can aim it, and in real pressure where you have no choice you could shoot sum 1 with it...

so if you get a well placed flare right INTO tank (firing for a heli right above it of course) you could make it splode!

or hit sum explosives with it and make them splode

so you could use it as a cig. lighter instead!

I think the film you mean is Courage Under Fire with Meg Ryan as the dead chopper pilot.

ONTOPIC There is a perfectly good flare pistol in OFP now! rock.gif Also I would love BIS to make a proper flamethrower not like that scripted jobbie that came with the WW2EC British paratroopers!

she wasn't a chopper pilot she was just a veteran soldier

and yes

i reckon it set on flames cuzza the fuel

but i'd like it so maybe you could shoot out of helis

maybe lose weight (dropping fuel)

and make oil canisters actually explode

some of that is unreal

but you know what i mean

Still got some suggestions:

Binoculars which can zoom in/out.

NVGoggles okay!

Infra Red goggles, or some spectacles to watch heat-signals.

I'm not sure whether there were such thing back in 'Nam. But it would make some nice missions possible!

Another great option would be to add flashlights to some weapons, which can be turned on/off.

maybe also change the name to Operation Flashlight  crazy_o.gif

Cheers!!!

IR googles? Why?? And.. what practical use do they really have in a warfare situation?

I've experienced when you're in a dense jungle you not able to look further then say 10 meters...to have a better looks on the surroundings a heat-view would be the solution.

Does that make sense ?

Anyway i would surely like something like that...optional ofcourse!