Sign in to follow this  
Bluesman

Question about hawks mi-26

Ah, sorry. It's sometimes hard to pinpoint the group for the topic smile_o.gif.

I think these huge aircrafts are a bit off base for OFP actually. They are nice to play with but hard to put fit into the context of this game since you dont really have huge distances you need transporting for. For para drops it makes sense using mid sized planes though.

BM

I beg to differ...and heres why...

for the last 2 weeks we've been working on a dynamic battlefield on the WRP map(128 or 256???can't remember dimensions)...with bases,FARPs etc and transport of equipment is diffenatly needed as its a long walk to the front...the trick of it is to use the scripting that removes AI from the map and is then replaced through a trigger.And with the large map with nothing on it...no trees or rocks to render... works like a charm(little lag)...so haveing the ability to transport armour(ie BTR's,BDRM's etc) quickly ,is a must.

Cool. Well then perhaps smile_o.gif. (minus the huge Antonovs which would require a continent sized island)

However, doesnt Russian forces use the smaller helos to transport vehicles into combat zones?

Mi-6 is it?

BM

I beg to differ...and heres why...

for the last 2 weeks we've been working on a dynamic battlefield on the WRP map

Who is we? This sounds great, finally an idea to make playing with more than 1 FA-18 or MiG-29 esque plane with a view distance more than 600 useable!!

A Mi-12 is the biggest chopper in the whole world here is link Mi-12

And I have almost done the model in 3ds Max but I suck at scripts and textures so I want to donate the model too Red Hammer Studios if they accept it wink_o.gif

Pity OFP doesnt support 2 airfields(for AI) sad_o.gif

This is a must have for OFP 2 (anything else and I would be shocked).

BM

Is it just me, or does the NO Mi-26 suffer the same problems with handling as Scorpion's inital release of the Super Stallion?

Whenever I try to fly it straght, it wobbles from side to side...

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Hawk has released an updated version of Konyak's An-124 with working gears (at last!), flares, warning systems and other stuff. It's really good except for one thing which in my opinion completely ruins it - the handling is horrendous. It literally takes the whole map to complete a turn. If only Hawk had left the handling how it was originally. That was the perfect balance between realistic 'big plane' handling and gameplay. It's a real shame. Hawk, if you're listening, CHANGE THE HANDLING BACK TO HOW IT WAS! crazy_o.gif

For what it's worth, here's the link: http://flashpoint.vgry.net/siteadmin/hawk/hwk_an124.zip

Cool.

Regarding turning. I wouldn't be surprised if it took 2 maps in real life ;).

This plane could be used for making some sort of UN situation (they allways have those planes when they send aid to various disaster areas).

BM

BM

OFP supports 2 Airfields just look on Nogova they have 2 airports on it and they fully work even for the AI. You can even have 6 airports on 1 map  wink_o.gif

uhm.. have you ever put a plane on the ground at the airport at the north and made it take off?

It doesn't work because only the one in the desert is defined and only one CAN be defined

Just thought I'd let everyone know that Hawk has released an updated version of Konyak's An-124 with working gears (at last!), flares, warning systems and other stuff. It's really good except for one thing which in my opinion completely ruins it - the handling is horrendous. It literally takes the whole map to complete a turn. If only Hawk had left the handling how it was originally. That was the perfect balance between realistic 'big plane' handling and gameplay. It's a real shame. Hawk, if you're listening, CHANGE THE HANDLING BACK TO HOW IT WAS! crazy_o.gif

For what it's worth, here's the link: http://flashpoint.vgry.net/siteadmin/hawk/hwk_an124.zip

Hawk is always releases his addons with really bad handling.

BM

OFP supports 2 Airfields just look on Nogova they have 2 airports on it and they fully work even for the AI. You can even have 6 airports on 1 map  wink_o.gif

If you made this work, please tell how smile_o.gif (in the script forum perhaps).

I've never managed to get teh AI take off (or land) if there isn't some sort of "switch" for the airfield.

Did BIS ever explain why this limit was included? Must be some case of pathfinding i guess.

BM

Stalker @ July 20 2003,19:02)]

Hawk is always releases his addons with really bad handling.

I think this is more due to OFP:s limitations. OFP simply wasn't made for Air and Ships etc. They were initially just simple CAS and transport.

Hawks Russian Artillery rocks though smile_o.gif. I love it. One of my fave add-ons right now.

BM

I think this is more due to OFP:s limitations. OFP simply wasn't made for Air and Ships etc. They were initially just simple CAS and transport.

Hawks Russian Artillery rocks though smile_o.gif. I love it. One of my fave add-ons right now.

BM

Well, seeing as the first AN-124 had very good handling, i dont think thats the problem in this case.

Guest DKM-jaguar

BM

But his american artillery rocks too. especially as it was a DKM addon that he stole and didnt even bother to remove the DKM star. I dont download any of Hawk's addons becuase of this, and the NO Mi26 looks a lot better anyway.

Yeah I was super pissed off when I realized that he had ruined the handling on the AN-124... which is why I still use the original addon.  I wish someone would make a good update of it because currently I think it's the best cargo plane addon in OFP.   For those who say it's too big I have NO problem whatsoever using it on any of the maps as it turns very well and the AI fly it very nicely. It also looks EXTREMELY impressive seeing them dropping paratroopers and it's fun sitting near the rear door while flying in the versin with the open rear cargo door.

As for these Mi26's I wish someone would fix the handling on them as well so they don't crash so easy piloted by the AI (especially when they try to land). They slide all over the place even using speed "limited" waypoints and WITH the helipad object on the ground. I don't care what it's used for in real life, the fact of the matter is that 30-50% of the time they crash into trees, hills, and buildings when they land. The handling DEFINITELY needs to be improved.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

BM

But his american artillery rocks too. especially as it was a DKM addon that he stole and didnt even bother to remove the DKM star. I dont download any of Hawk's addons becuase of this, and the NO Mi26 looks a lot better anyway.

Where? I didnt find any.

I've only found one WEST Artillery piece (namelly your DKMM).

Hawk:s Mi2 has one feature the NO variant lacks though and it's pretty cool. I really like the speaker commands in the police chopper smile_o.gif.

BM

Guest DKM-jaguar

We havent released anything in arty yet. It was a leaked beta which he re-released.

The M46 on ofp.info or the Javelin on Hawks site?

The M46 says DKMM

BM

Now we totally rebuilding our MI-26. Now new hi-quality detailed 3D model totally copmleted, texture in progress. Addon will have all newest improvements that even made in OFP. Of course there is a opening cargo doors, and possibility of transporting vehicles inside. We plan to make new beta on mid of august.

Pfft... sad_o.gif

Why do this when everyone is waiting for his C-130?It just doesn't make sense  sad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  I wish he'd just fix THAT instead of starting something new and leaving it as a piss poor addon  mad_o.gif

@ July 21 2003,23:12)]Now we totally rebuilding our MI-26. Now new hi-quality detailed 3D model totally copmleted, texture in progress. Addon will have all newest improvements that even made in OFP. Of course there is a opening cargo doors, and possibility of transporting vehicles inside. We plan to make new beta on mid of august.

I hope in addition to all the bells and whistles, that you make it where the AI can FLY it properly. Personally I don't care how beautiful the addon works if the AI crash it when they try to land. So PLEASE I hope your team trys its best to improve the flight handling of the Mi-26.

Scorpio for example has done a VERY good job of improving the handling of his CH-53E. Before it flew like the Mi-26 addons and crashed alot when the AI flew it. But now the AI can land it easily and it is now great for US Marine Corp missions. I hope that similarly your Mi-26 will become a great addon for Russian missions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Pfft... sad_o.gif

Why do this when everyone is waiting for his C-130?It just doesn't make sense  sad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  I wish he'd just fix THAT instead of starting something new and leaving it as a piss poor addon  mad_o.gif

Actually Shashman, Hawk finished the updated AN-124 before he released his first version of the C130. His An-124 update has been out for a while but just never publicized much.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Pfft... sad_o.gif

Actually Shashman, Hawk finished the updated AN-124 before he released his first version of the C130.   His An-124 update has been out for a while but just never publicized much.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yeah I know that the AN-124 predates his C-130 but we haven't had an update on the progress of the work on the Herc for a while and now he has started working (has worked) on this AN-124 when so many people are looking forward tothis Herc of his.If you start something you don't leave it half done and begin work on something else... rock.gif