Sign in to follow this  
Bluesman

Question about hawks mi-26

I have some questions about this behemoth chopper.

How do you put vehicles inside with scripting and how do you transport them? It seems they fall off when you take off.

Or does it not support vehicle transporting like BAS chopper yet?

It would be nice with an Aeroflot style camo too btw.

As a side question. What choppers except for BAS does support vehicle transports with scripts?

BM

i think u mean the C-130?

basicly drive it in the back (carefully) then when ure in the back enough a action will come up to add it to cargo just click the action and hey presto!

No, he means the Mi-26, that really big helicopter addon with the opening doors and stuff. And no, you can't drive stuff in and make it stay BAS-style unless you were to implement their cargo script.

Thank you for the replies. Yes I meant the Mi-26, check it out at Hawks page, it's  the worlds largest helicopter in terms of size and cargo capacity.

Regarding using BAS. Can you actually implement that script without breaking up the mod? I dont want to mess with others mods.

Well I could probably use some of the generic OFPEC vehicle transport scripts.

As for the link. http://of.fpp.pl/?en:pages:show:399:::

Yes it's in Polish but you'll manage (just click the link and choose download).

Note that this is the latest version with new scripts while ofp.info has the older variant.

I am investigating a possible scenario with VDV insertions and they use the BDM 3 as an IFV. I thought this could be realistic.

BM

Thank you for the replies. Yes I meant the Mi-26, check it out at Hawks page, it's  the worlds largest helicopter in terms of size and cargo capacity.

Regarding using BAS. Can you actually implement that script without breaking up the mod? I dont want to mess with others mods.

Well I could probably use some of the generic OFPEC vehicle transport scripts.

As for the link. http://of.fpp.pl/?en:pages:show:399:::

Yes it's in Polish but you'll manage (just click the link and choose download).

Note that this is the latest version with new scripts while ofp.info has the older variant.

I am investigating a possible scenario with VDV insertions and they use the BDM 3 as an IFV. I thought this could be realistic.

BM

Mi26 was never used in the army as far as I know

Stalker @ July 18 2003,21:19)]
Quote[/b] ]

Mi26 was never used in the army as far as I know

But from what I remember CCCP (maybe not Russia) had something called Airmobile Infantry divisions. What sort of vehicles did they use to move entire divisions around then?

""The Mi-26 helicopter is intended to provide for mobility of troops and combat vehicles, transportation of big cargo consignments of up to 20 tons inside the fuselage and on an external sling."

http://www.aeronautics.ru/archive/vvs/index.htm

I took a look at www.desant.ru (Russian airborne HQ) but they only mentioned use of bdm-3 not what aircraft they use to be dropped from.

Though what I really am looking for is some webpage about Soviet/Russian air-assault divisions or brigades if there are any.

BM

Stalker @ July 18 2003,21:19)]Mi26 was never used in the army as far as I know

hmm I remember a hugerussian army helicopter being shot down in chechenya some time ago. It was on TV everywhere when this huge burning thing crashed. I believe it was a mi26. Not sure though.

Stalker @ July 18 2003,21:19)]Mi26 was never used in the army as far as I know

hmm I remember a hugerussian army helicopter being shot down in chechenya some time ago. It was on TV everywhere when this huge burning thing crashed. I believe it was a mi26. Not sure though.

Your right 96 people died it was heavily overloaded but it was still able to fly the Chechen Liberation Army took responsibility saying they fired RPGs but the Russin army later said it may habe been technical problems.

Yes Russian Army DOES USE THE Mi-26!!!

Apparently the Chechens know this as well:

http://www.aeronautics.ru/archive....114.htm

Aside from that, the sad thing is that both of these Mi-26 addons are next to useless because they crash most of the time when landing. That's one big reason why hardly anyone has used these addons in missions.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

They are both beta though.

I've managed to get the AI land properly. It takes a good flat area and a H sign of course.

These arent really for fast insertions I believe smile_o.gif.

BM

They are both beta though.

I've managed to get the AI land properly. It takes a good flat area and a H sign of course.

These arent really for fast insertions I believe smile_o.gif.

BM

Exactly these are made for one of those resupply thingos they act like what we would see a c17, or c5 do, hell they'll resupply troops in the frontline but they won't land in the front line zone, that's what mi17s are for

Well I got a fact to wink_o.gif

My fact is: This post it posted in the wrong section it needs to be placed in the Discusion forum wink_o.gif .

And yea you can add bas Cargo script to the chopper but you need to do 2 things

1: Ask permision if you may use it on a non-bas addon.

2: You need to understand scripting in OFP because the cargo script from BAS is not a piece of cake you know wink_o.gif

Ah, sorry. It's sometimes hard to pinpoint the group for the topic smile_o.gif.

I think these huge aircrafts are a bit off base for OFP actually. They are nice to play with but hard to put fit into the context of this game since you dont really have huge distances you need transporting for. For para drops it makes sense using mid sized planes though.

BM

I think the Mi-26 adds ballance ingame between east and west. Would be great if these betas were updated and given the cargo scripts so that they can be used to airlift in vehicles.

I think the Mi-26 adds ballance ingame between east and west. Would be great if these betas were updated and given the cargo scripts so that they can be used to airlift in vehicles.

I still think we are far from balance in the game

Well wars were never balanced. I prefer realistic combat situations to "balance".

But yes I'd like to see more East transport planes but more modest sized (like the Mi2 or some small transport plane like the FDFMod.s Piper equivalent). There are too many super planes that would never see action in these tiny islands. A plane like Mi-26 could in theory be used to insert half a company on the island but under no circumstance to move the group within the island. Making it more or less pointless except for the first intro section of the mission.

For instance. In theory you could make the Tu-22M Backfire but it wouldn't really make sense. Those Kitchen missiles would be fired way way off the island and basically obliterrate half of it. Just like a B52 wouldn't fit into this scale. Overkill for these areas smile_o.gif.

I'm surprised that FDFMod was the first to think of the Piper as a transport plane, makes more sense than a mammoth Antonov on Malden smile_o.gif.

BM

I consider the Mi-26 is the East counterpart of the CH-47 chinook. With cargo scripts implemented, it would be perfect for ferrying troops and vehicles onto the battlefield.

Since planes also were mentioned here, I think the An-2 Colt would would be an excellent transport plane for the East. It's perfect for OFP since it's STOL, and can carry 14 passengers. Would be nice to see civilian (Nogovan Airlines?) and Resistance versions too.

I consider the Mi-26 is the East counterpart of the CH-47 chinook.

Really?

pic133-2.jpg

tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Anyway it would be great if "Our Weapons" would make a new version of thier Mi-26 addon.

@N.o.R.S.u. - I meant they both were capable of lifting heavy equipment. Looking at your pic makes me want it even more biggrin_o.gif

More equivalent to the Super Stallion but it's even larger. And it has no armament (at least not normally).

Main roles are supply and med-evac.

It can take off with 56.000kg of load and weighs about 28t empty. Hardly a Chinook equivalent smile_o.gif.

Personally I would go for some of the smaller Antonov planes, perfect for para operations. I dont think a An-124 or An-225 would be used.

An-12

An-22

An-32

and perhaps An-72

There you have some more correctly scaled East vehicles for OFP. Plus the original OFP Mi-17 helicopter is an excellent insertion vehicle, imo one of the better original components.

FDFMod has a great Mi-8 btw smile_o.gif. Is this available as a separate addon too?

Btw to mods. I realise this wasnt entirelly on-topic here so you can move this to the general add-on discussion or wherever it fits best. Good discussion though, there needs to be more EAST light/medium transport capacity in OFP (and more light planes for WEST).

BM

Well I got a fact to  wink_o.gif

My fact is: This post it posted in the wrong section it needs to be placed in the Discusion forum  wink_o.gif .

And yea you can add bas Cargo script to the chopper but you need to do 2 things

1: Ask permision if you may use it on a non-bas addon.

2: You need to understand scripting in OFP because the cargo script from BAS is not a piece of cake you know   wink_o.gif

Great idea...lets ask em now shall we...BAS,ol boys...can we use your your scripting for the Mi-26 ??...and better yet could you maybe post a script that does this for us...something we can just re-PBO into the original?