Sign in to follow this  
MLF

Hl2 high, high res videos

I still remember that part of HL1.  You come down the stairs and think "Fianally, I'll get more help".  Then he opens fire on you  tounge_o.gif

That was a nice twist in the storyline and really is what made it intresting for me too.

Yup exactly, that IMO was a defining moment in video gaming at the time, really movie style twist, helped shape HL into the classic it became smile_o.gif

I still dont get it why soldiers want to kill gordon freeman ??

Well in the first one I believe it was to do with covering up the experiment that had gone wrong, containing the incident in the "mesa complex?" so that nobody found out about it, thus killing and destroying everything/everyone inside. I guess HL2 will be for something similar smile_o.gif

Ya, the military tried to take control of some other dimension at the end after you beat it.  The soldiers we're ordered to kill anyone to cover it up, but you get past them and end up helping the higher ups later on.

If you played Opposing force you get to be one of the soldiers sent to cover it up, but you end up fighting more monsters instead of killing scientists.

And then I think one of the games that came with CS, Redemtion or something?  You as gordon work for that guy in the blue suit and have to go around finding things pertaining to that other place.  It wasn't all that great, but parts of it were fun.

PS. Any links to the HL2 Trailers?

The half life 2 videos are amazing, but I hear the release date of the game is going to be postponed again. sad_o.gif

hear from where lol? their forum? There is no official remark stating that it is postponed, and if you go to the halflife2.net forums, and read the email from Gabe newell, you will see that he always said that the date remains the same. The thing that in worst case could happen is that you cant get the game in stores, but you can get it though steam. that at least is my theory

Actually many fine publications have said so, and I myself am in doubt, they postponed once, that doesn't mean they won't do it again.

I still remember that part of HL1.  You come down the stairs and think "Fianally, I'll get more help".  Then he opens fire on you  

That was a nice twist in the storyline and really is what made it intresting for me too.

That was interesting, interesting for me because I shot him with the SPAS, he ran off, and got eaten by a Barnicle. So I picked up his Mp5 and ran off. smile_o.gif

I believe that HL2 concerns what happens to Gordon after he takes up the G Man's offer at the end of HL.

I hope they do it right this time. Because "Redemtion" or whatever the hell it was, was way too short and not really a full game.

HL2 box: hl2_packshot[1].jpg

UKGamer has a small review of hl2 at the presentation at ECTS.

The first question was on Half Life 2's release date, and they are 100% committed to a 30th September release.

3 days after my birthday, present to myself coming up I think smile_o.gif

Edit: Hmmmmmm

Quote[/b] ]Secondly I asked him about some rumours that we have heard that Half Life 2's multiplayer is going to be 'Pay to Play' only. Unfortunatly the only official response that I received was "No comment".
rock.gif

I surely hope not mad_o.gif, that would just kill the modding community. Would be quite stupid from Valve & Vivendi not to understand the importance of the HL modding community when it comes to game's sales etc.

The impression I've always had with Vivendi is they care about nothing but money.

I believe Valve knows what they are doing, after all it's their game wink_o.gif. Besides the chance to publish a game like HL2 is so big opportunity for any company, that they probably want to keep the developers doing whatever they want to do.

And Valve for sure knows how to deal with mod community wink_o.gif.