Sign in to follow this  
Necromancer-

Mbt thread

The Russian ARENA APS looks similar to those smoke pods, however it is mounted in an array all around the turret.

That Chinese tank looks a bit like the T-95 too. I think both the T-90 chassis and T-95 chassis were based off the original T-64 chassis if I remember correctly. Ok, yep here it is from Global Security:

Quote[/b] ]The T-64 entered production in 1966, was fielded in 1967, and was first seen in public in 1970. Numerous variants were produced during a very long production run. The T-64 tank was later on considered to have formed a landmark in the history of tank development in the Soviet Union, as every tank of the Soviet T-series entering service ever since (including T-72 and its modifications, T-80, T-80U, T-80UD, Ukrainian T-84, etc) was based on the design concepts initially introduced in the T-64 tank design, so all the above-enumerated tanks can be called 'direct descendants' of the T-64, its 'children' and 'grandchildren'.

While the T-64 is closely related to the T-72, the T-64 was produced solely for the Soviet Army and the slightly less capable T-72 was exported world-wide. Unlike the T-72, the T-64 has an infra-red searchlight on the left side of the 125mm gun, a different power pack, narrower track, a different suspension, and a slightly different turret.

And, a T-95 Link:

Black Eagle MBT

Another Link:

Black Eagle Concept II

The really interesting thing about the Black Eagle is that there's no crewmember in the turret:

tjorniritn.jpg

i like the odd limpet tank with fixed turret thats in IL-2 if u look in the vehicle libary

The really interesting thing about the Black Eagle is that there's no crewmember in the turret:

tjorniritn.jpg

That looks good...

With that tank, you can spin the turret as long as you want without making the crew dizzy. biggrin_o.gif

the problem is... it seems that the loading hatch of the cannon is unreachable in case the auto-loader malfunctions.

I've seen something very interresting on TV a couple of months ago. It was a new revolutionary US tank which should replace the M1 in the future. it's profile is only half as high as the abrams' profile and it features stealth technology (shaped like a stealth bomber biggrin_o.gif ). It has only a crew of two and noone's sitting in the turret, so it must have an auto-loader.

.Also, if the M1 Abrams series tanks, run out of smoke gernades, they can produce there own type of smoke, via the turbine engine.

It sprays oil onto the exhaust(which is 1500 F) and it produces smoke.

Well not quite...It is diesel that is injected into the turbine exaust which burns the diesel and creates a lot of white smoke (this is how aerobatic teams make their smoke trails)  smile_o.gif

I've been told that it burns oil.But it could be wrong info I guess.

But I would think, if you've seen a car having black smoke coming out of the exhaust, thats because its burning oil,(which is bad to unleaded fuel cars), which I would think is the same concept.

Nono, white smoke is oil, black smoke means it is flooding and not burning all the gas in the cylenders.

god, I get so confused. crazy_o.gif

I've never seen a car have white smoke come out of the exhuast though.

BTW, in the gulfwar, when the Iraqis set the oil wells on fire, the smoke was black.

Diesels trucks have black smoke come out of the exhaust to.

I dunno. crazy_o.gif

Ahh yes.. the Black Eagle..

I love that tank already biggrin_o.gif

tank.JPG

Quote[/b] ]Black smoke is caused by an over rich mixture and normally occurs whenever the engine is working hard. Like going up a steep grade, being loaded heavy or during heavy acceleration. More black smoke can be observed when the vehicle is operated at higher altitudes because the air is thinner. A dirty air filter is also another cause of excessive black smoke. If black smoke is noticed while the engine is idling at low altitude or under normal driving conditions this condition should be diagnosed a.s.a.p. to prevent engine damage.

Blue-white smoke may be noticed at engine start-up whether the engine is at normal operating temperature or not. Blue-white smoke can be observed at all ambient temperatures and should not last longer than a minute or two after the vehicle has been driven. Blue-white smoke can return when ambient temperature is below 10 degrees C (50 degrees F), and after the engine is warmed up due to extended idling. This is due to combustion chambers cooling own during periods of extended idling time. Heavy blue-white smoke may also occur if the engine is operated at full throttle with the transmission in neutral or park. If you see continuous Blue-white smoke while driving, then you probably have air being sucked into the fuel system.

White smoke and blue-white smoke share some of the same characteristics. White smoke is fuel not being burned. Extreme white smoke can be caused by the combustion chambers cooling down. One cause of this could be incorrect injection pump timing. Coolant getting into the combustion chamber can cause white smoke also. Possible causes are blown head gaskets, cracked heads cavitation, etc.

Blue smoke is not normal and you do not want to be driving behind a truck that produces it. Blue smoke occurs when oil is entering the combustion chamber and is burning along with the fuel. Blue smoke usual indicates a condition which should be corrected a.s.a.p. Blue smoke also smells like oil burning. Possible causes include valve seals or cracked piston rings.

So a large truck is most likely accelerating when you noticed that it was smoking black? Either that or it had some engine problems.

In the gulf war the Iraqis were burning crude oil, which is gasoline, kerosine, diesel, motor oils, and all other petrolium products before they separate them.

BTW, when I said white smoke earlier, I meant blue smoke, but they both look white to me and I cant tell the difference.

god, I get so confused. crazy_o.gif

I've never seen a car have white smoke come out of the exhuast though.

BTW, in the gulfwar, when the Iraqis set the oil wells on fire, the smoke was black.

Diesels trucks have black smoke come out of the exhaust to.

I dunno. crazy_o.gif

Oh ok.Thanks for explaining for me. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Blue smoke is not normal and you do not want to be driving behind a truck that produces it. Blue smoke occurs when oil is entering the combustion chamber and is burning along with the fuel. Blue smoke usual indicates a condition which should be corrected a.s.a.p. Blue smoke also smells like oil burning. Possible causes include valve seals or cracked piston rings.

Thats probably what I'm seeing.But it looks more black, then blue to me.

Also, I live up here in CO, so the air is alittle thin.

Quote[/b] ]So a large truck is most likely accelerating when you noticed that it was smoking black? Either that or it had some engine problems.

Accelerating is when I notice it.(But I guess it is blue colored?)

But lets not get too off-topic. wink_o.gif

So the Black Eagle is real now? I saw a expierimental one, but the turret was compltely covered in camo net.

One thing that always bothered me about the former Soviet Union's tanks were the crew size. Why have only two/three crewman and a autoloader when you have the god damn largest army in the world? If you have so many soldiers, shouldnt you make the gun manually loaded? It is two to three times faster than a autoloader! rock.gif

I can understand nowadays why the Russian Federation Army would want less crewmen, but not why the Soviets would.

more tanks operationnal