Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Russian sf pack

Laser released his Russian SF pack that includes GRU spetznaz and Russian Naval Infantry.

LSR_GRU1.jpg

LSR_GRU2.jpg

LSR_NIF.jpg

You can download it here.

Pics look great.

However, if there's anything worse than an EXE addon installer, it's an EXE addon installer in Russian for non-Russian speaking persons. crazy_o.gif

For those who haven't yet installed it, simply set the install path to some new temp folder from where you'll manually move the files to OFP's folders and press your keyboard's RETURN/ENTER key to start the file extraction.

Comes with 2 SP missions. smile_o.gif

FYI to Laser, the copy of the EditorUpdate102.pbo file included in the pack is not datestamp as is the latest version of Kegetys' Editor Addon V1.11.

The latest version has a date stamp of 2002/7/28 12:01AM.

Anyone who doesn't have the latest version of this file can download it from Kegetys' OFP page.

I have seen many sites with older dated copies of this file still available for download. Now is a good time to verify you have the latest as well.

Small bug in Marines mission:

The 1st objective didn't check green after outpost was 100%cleared.

It only checked green after eliminating something on the airfield's north perimeter - either the M2 or Bradley there or both.

Speechless...looks awesome! Downloading now - finally some decent opposition for those darn BAS Deltas and Rangers... tounge_o.gif

README

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Russian Federation Special Forces Pack ver. 1.00

by Michael Gavrilov aka Laser (laser357@yandex.ru)

The archive contains:

- this text document

- LSR_gru.pbo;

- LSR_naval.pbo;

- LSR_rfwp.pbo;

- editorupdate102.pbo - made by Kegetys, essential for the demo missions to work;

- two demo missions.

Usage:

Extract all the files from the archive, folder names speak for themselves.

NOTE: this addon requires OFP: Resistance 1.85 or higher (tested on 1.85 and 1.91 versions).

This Addon adds:

- Russian Federation GRU spetznaz assault and recon units in brown camo. The GRU (Glavnoye Razvedivatel'noye Upravleniye, or Chief Intelligence Agency) spetznaz is an elite detachment of the Army Spetznaz forces. It specializes basically on covert operations, which involve recon duties, seek&destroy missions, small scale raids, etc.

- Russian Federation Naval Infantry units.

All units represent actual RF Army and Navy units as closely as it was possible within the limits of OFP engine and my knowledge.

Units can be found in the editor under "East" - "LSR RF Special Forces" - "Men". All units are grouped and include wound textures.

This version of the addon incorporates animated goggles.

WARNING: goggles seem to appear warped when sitting in a vehicles (same issue as with BAS Delta/Rangers). I suggest lowering them using scripts when entering a vehicle.

To animate the goggles you can use following commands:

Raise Goggles:

this animate ["goggles", 0]

[end code]

Lower Goggles:

[code]

this animate ["goggles", 1]

[end code]

To counter goggles' warping in vehicles you can use the following code in the vehicle's INIT field:

[code]

this addEventHandler ["GetIn", {_this select 2 animate ["goggles", 1]}]

[end code]

It automatically lowers the goggles for anyone entering the vehicle.

NOTES ON THE WEAPONS PACK

The weapons pack (LSR_rfwp.pbo) is basically a compilation of the addons made by different addonmakers, with minor changes made by Laser.

AK-103, AK-104, AK-74M, RPK-74M, RPG-7D, PM models originally made by Kegetys, with minor model improvements.

SVU and VSS originally made by RUSniper, proper LODs were added and some bugs fixed.

Gsh-18 and Gsh-18SD handguns made by Laser.

INFO ON THE WEAPONS

AK-74M is a standard issued Russian Federation infantry weapon. Compared with the AK-74, the AK-74M has wooden parts replaced by plastic ones, as well as the folding plastic stock. It also has modified muzzle brake system.

AK-103 and AK-104 represent further development stage of an original AK-47 assault rifle, the "100-series". AK-103 is chambered for 7.62x39 round, which possesses better stability and stopping power than the standard 5.45x39 round. AK-104 is a shortened version of the AK-103.

The RPK-74M is a squad light machine gun used by Russian infantry. It is basically an AK-74, with a heavier barrel and a bipod for increased accuracy and firing range. Its magazine holds 45 5.45x39 rounds.

AKS-74UB is a suppressed version of an AKS-74U submachine gun. Muzzle brake system has been replaced by an effective muzzle flash / sound suppressor.

SVD-S sniper rifle is actually a modified SVD sniper rifle. It incorporates slightly heavier barrel, modified receiver system and collapsable plastic stock. The rifle uses standard or match 7.62x54R rounds.

SVU represents shortened bull-pup version of a venerable SVD. Its characteristics are similar to its predecessor and it uses the same ammunition. The barrel is shortened by 90 mm, thus decreasing an effective firing range from 1200 to 800 meters.

VSS "Vintorez" is a new-generation sniper rifle. Equipped with effective muzzle flash / sound suppressor and using subsonic 9x39 ammunition, it can be extremely deadly on the distances up to 400 meters. At this distance round provides effective penetration of the 1st and 2nd class body armor.

GP-25 "Koster" is a standard army-issued underslung grenade launcher, designed for use with virtually all AK assault rifles. It can fire 40-mm VOG-25 HE grenades up to 400 meters.

The BS-1 is a silenced underslung grenade launcher. The sound suppression is provided by the fact that its 30-mm grenade is launched by a special initiating round, which pushes the grenade out of the barrel. The suppression achieved this way is quite effective.

RPG-7D is a recoilless rocket propelled grenade launcher. Equipped with PGO-7V optic sight, it provides effective armor penetration. The RPG-7D uses several types of ammunition, namely PG-7V, PG-7VL rockets, which differ in armor penetration values.

Makarov PM is a standard 9-mm handgun for the Russian army. Introduced in 1951, it has not undergone significant changes until 1994, when PMM (the second "M" stands for "modified") was developed. PM prove itself to be very decent police handgun, but military handguns demand higher performance level than that of the PM.

GSh-18 handgun is one of the likely candidates to replace the aging PM. It uses standard 9x19 NATO ammunition. The GSh-18 has yet to prove itself in combat, but at least you can try it now in OFP.;)

Some weapons in the pack are equipped by the PK-A "targeting dot" optic sight. Of Belorussian origin, this sight provides the soldier with better targeting possibilities. The PK-A sight can be easily mounted on any version of the AK or RPK.

CLASS NAMES FOR LSR_RFWP.PBO

LSR_gsh18, LSR_gsh18Mag - GSh-18 handgun

LSR_gsh18sd, LSR_gsh18sdMag - Gsh-18 handgun suppressed

LSR_AK103, LSR_AK103Mag - AK-103 assault rifle w/PK-A scope

LSR_AK103sd, LSR_AK103sdMag - AK-103 suppressed

LSR_rpk74, LSR_rpk74Mag - RPK-74M machine gun w/scope

LSR_rpk74_1 - RPK-74M machine gun

LSR_AK103gp, LSR_gpmag - AK-103/GP-25 combo

LSR_vss, LSR_vssMag - VSS "Vintorez" sniper rifle

LSR_SVU, LSR_SVUMag - SVU sniper rifle

LSR_SVDS, LSR_SVDSMag - SVD-S sniper rifle

LSR_aksub, LSR_aksubMag - AKS-74UB suppressed SMG

LSR_AKsubgp, LSR_bsmag - AKS-74UB/BS-1 combo

LSR_r163 - R-163-10K radio unit

LSR_rpg7d, LSR_rpg7dMag - RPG-7D launcher

LSR_pk, LSR_pkMag - PK machine gun

LSR_AK104, LSR_AK104Mag - AK-104 assault rifle w/scope

LSR_AK74m, LSR_AK74mMag - AK-74M assault rifle

LSR_AK74mgp - AK-74M/GP-25 combo

LSR_pm, LSR_pmMag - Makarov PM handgun

LEGAL STUFF (Thanks to...)

- Kegetys

- RUSniper

- UceE aka Jussi Soini (textures)

- Mailman (model elements and textures)

- Red Storm Entertainment (textures and sounds)

- BIS for producing OFP

Feel free to comment and constructively criticize my work at [email=laser357@yandex.ru.]laser357@yandex.ru.[/email] Thanks.

DISCLAIMER

THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL ADDON BLAH BLAH! Well you probably know all this stuff anyway so there's no reason for me to repeat it all over again...

This addon is SHAREWARE. Files included cannot be altered or changed in any way. If you want to use something from this addon, contact yours truly for written permission.

yeh, and (imo) they are pretty even with the rangers, neither slaughtered the other which means finally, some worthy adversaries

they look like the ghost recon tangos in gorgia... anyway they look realy nice and is better to fight when using bas people than fighting the normal rusian model... real nice work smile_o.gif

I just wish someone would fix some of the old Russian SF soldier models. There was one old one that had really cool looking helmets and body armor, but it has some missing textures on some of the LOD's which prevented me from using them on missions. I really hope someone would fix the old ones (which included some GRU with watch caps and an Alpha Spetsnaz squad with heavy body armor). If anyone wants to volunteer to do this I can find those old addons or email the addons to them.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Nice pack. smile_o.gif

I would´ve preferred woodland camo, though...

cool i was testing it out and the goggles on them block the sand in eye thing from the BAS helicopters... thats a nice addition biggrin_o.gif

it looks really nice!! biggrin_o.gif but now i have too many ak47 in my addon floder@@

hope there will be joint weapon project just as the JAM smile_o.gif

Great work! I love the AK sounds, now I wish that BAS would use these sounds for their JAM pack.... Also, the weapons are kick ass! And once again, these are the most realistic and best AK sounds i've ever heard for OFP!

KEEP UP THE BANG UP WORK!

I love these troops now all that needs to be done laser is to give them a paint job and make a copy which replaces the default russian troops

give them a paint job

What? rock.gif

Yeah i'm looking for some painters to paint some rooms in my house guess i have find the correct people  smile_o.gif

nice addon, if yo ucant undersatnd russian then rename the .exe to .rar wink_o.gif

Something estrange happaned to me with this file, I downloaded the addon from the link given and I have a 12 megs file call "175", no Zip, no rar, nothing, and is not an EXE ider.

I'll download it again and hope that next time is the rigt file.

try redownloading it,

"ider" that or get the zip from that other link in thread.

worked great for me, love the helmets and weapons 8)