Sign in to follow this  
blackdog~

Fraps2000

Well, a new version of the screen grabber/video capture/framerate shower was released a while back and just thought I'd let you know that it's released.

Quote[/b] ]It's been a long time coming, and now Fraps 2.0.0 is finally available!

The major changes:

Sound is captured along with the video.

High speed capture codec allows for recording games up to 1024x768.

Frame-skipping support, movies always run at the correct rate.

Full gamma correction on screenshots and movies. No dark captures!

Half-size record option lets you play in hi-res without chewing through disk space.

Ability to disable the overlay, and a hotkey to switch corners!

Much nicer user interface.

This is the first commercial version of Fraps, and to celebrate the release you can purchase a copy for only US$24.95 until Friday the 18th of July.

There is also a FREE demo version that is identical to the full release except for some video capture limitations.  Please feel free to try it!

Get it at http://www.fraps.com...

The gamma part is a great new feature smile_o.gif

fps.gif

Looks interesting. I don't think the gamma thing is that big of deal, because it's not that difficult to just adjust the gamma of a pic in an image editor. It's nice that it can finally support movies bigger than 640x480, but I'm really dissapointed that you pretty much can't capture video w/o paying.

Quote[/b] ]for only US$24.95

lol, seems a bit high for something that was freeware. I wonder what the regular price is.

It seems like more, and more utilities and stuff are going to payware/shareware these days. mad_o.gif First FSUIPC(If you're in to flight sims you'll know what that is), and now this. I wonder why. They should look at the OFP community, and some of the wonderful programs that people have made(for example OFP Watch by certa) to help the community, not to make a quick buck or two.

sad_o.gif

I got the demo for it. Maybe I'll record some stuff, I've always wanted to do that.

(give me five minutes to enjoy this before you tell me you can't record stuff in the demo)

I got the demo for it.  Maybe I'll record some stuff, I've always wanted to do that.

(give me five minutes to enjoy this before you tell me you can't record stuff in the demo)

It lets you d/l a clip for 15 secs with sound but the size is .... huge....

i made a 15 sec clip at 800x600 and the file size was about 90mb crazy_o.gif

wow, thats insane

does the retail version do that or is it just something to make the demo less useful?

That’s because it captures raw footage (uncompressed) you then have to compress it with another program.... to get the size you want. - at least I think it work like this

Hmmm...I don't think I'll get this.I'm quite happy with my little GCS smile_o.gif

Hey nice spotting!

I use this program all the time (fraps99) or something like that.

Very handy.

Be sure to set your graphics res to 640! biggrin_o.gif

Hmmm...I don't think I'll get this.I'm quite happy with my little GCS smile_o.gif

yeh but GCS doesnt tell you your frame rate

I got the demo for it.  Maybe I'll record some stuff, I've always wanted to do that.

It lets you d/l a clip for 15 secs with sound but the size is .... huge....

i made a 15 sec clip at 800x600 and the file size was about 90mb  crazy_o.gif

Compared to what Fraps99 does, this size is very good.

using the older fraps a 20 sec record, in forced 640x480 resolution takes about 700 mb, thats what i call uncompressed  crazy_o.gif

New Fraps2000 would be very cool..if it only was freeware, the 15 second limitation in the demo sucks   mad_o.gif

I´ll keep Fraps99.

I guess everyone can compute the sizes themselves. If you play at 32bbp that's 4 byte per pixel. In 640x480x32 with 25fps that is 640x480x4x25 byte per second or around 30mb per second.

Don't know why people act so surprised, UNcompressed are not that hard to compute. I'm more surprised how much you can compress that data with good algorithms ;)

Hmmm, says it needs a processor with SSE instructions...I happen to have an Athlon XP1800+. rock.gif

*Shrugs*

Why would I want to know my framerate? If it's laggy, it's laggy, if it's smooth, it's smooth  smile_o.gif Anyway I don't use GCS to tell me my frame rate nor would I want it to tbh...I'd d/l a programme made for that if that's what I wanted, all I want is a programme that doesn't need any fiddling about and that takes a screenshot at the press of a button in half a second smile_o.gif

That is something we call "Print Screen" on our keyboards :P

Thank god for that little guy...I would be lonely without it wow_o.gif

*Shrugs*

Why would I want to know my framerate? If it's laggy, it's laggy, if it's smooth, it's smooth  smile_o.gif Anyway I don't use GCS to tell me my frame rate nor would I want it to tbh...I'd d/l a programme made for that if that's what I wanted, all I want is a programme that doesn't need any fiddling about and that takes a screenshot at the press of a button in half a second  smile_o.gif

and thats what fraps is....

(tells you the FPS) it just has some other features too

SpecOp9

printscreen key is all well and good, but you can only take one at a time which means alt-tabbing to desktop, pasting into a graphics program (which east your precious resources) save it, clear the clipboard then alt tab back into game.... not worth it

*Shrugs*

Why would I want to know my framerate? If it's laggy, it's laggy, if it's smooth, it's smooth  smile_o.gif Anyway I don't use GCS to tell me my frame rate nor would I want it to tbh...I'd d/l a programme made for that if that's what I wanted, all I want is a programme that doesn't need any fiddling about and that takes a screenshot at the press of a button in half a second  smile_o.gif

and thats what fraps is....

(tells you the FPS) it just has some other features too

SpecOp9

printscreen key is all well and good, but you can only take one at a time which means alt-tabbing to desktop, pasting into a graphics program (which east your precious resources) save it, clear the clipboard then alt tab back into game.... not worth it

Yeah I know what Fraps is wink_o.gif

To compress the avi, use virtual dub, it mentions it in the Fraps99 manual/faq/whatever.  For example, a whopping 68megabyte video from fraps is only 2.7 megs when using virtual dub to compress it using DivX compression.  And that's with a few hundred kilobyte wav that I added to it.  Virtual Dub is freeware(Long live freeware!  smile_o.gif ) and can also do some other things.  Their site is here