Sign in to follow this  
Sxep

Reskined go229 gotha

The Germans did a lot technologically in WW2...They made the first ballistic missile, the first guided bomb, the first cruise missile, the first combat jet aircraft (and jet aircraft full stop) and most of the scientists on the Manhattan project were German...They did so much wow_o.gif Just a shame about the reasons for doing all this sad_o.gif

Correct  sad_o.gif

PS: you know that the germans could have the Abomb in 1945? a few weeks and month later and...a few of us wouldn´t exist... wow_o.gif

the first combat jet aircraft (and jet aircraft full stop)

*cough* Not absolutely true, the british and german development of Jet engines/aircraft was pretty much parallel, the british developed the jet engine first (with the germans following with seperate development a few years later) and both had jet fighter squadrons started at around the same time, the ME-262 took until late 1944/early 1945 to be officially used as a fighter(Hitler apparently insisted it be used as a bomber up until then), and the Gloster Meteor was put into an operational fighter squadron in July 1944. Although the germans did fly the first jet aircraft (HE-176).

(Most of this can be corroborated by various histories of the jet engine/aircraft websites and books)

Also, British/Norwegian raids on heavy water factories stopped the development of the Germans nuclear bomb, and apparently one of the scientists heading the development helped slow down the process as he didnt want Hitler to have the atomic bomb.

http://www.fas.org/spp/starwars/program/docs/41naz.html

Also, British/Norwegian raids on heavy water factories stopped the development of the Germans nuclear bomb, and apparently one of the scientists heading the development helped slow down the process as he didnt want Hitler to have the atomic bomb.

There is a level in MoH like that.

Quote[/b] ]one of Luftwaffe's "secret weapons"

That too. biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, shame they detracted from the Norweigan SOE soldiers that pulled off that raid by having a lone american soldier do it.

lol also in Wolfenstein. tounge_o.gif

Hmmph...i didnt mean the gotha i meant all those wacky pics on page 1 of this thread jg792-2.jpg

if this existed at any moment in WW2 ill go back into my cave and stay there

From a scale modelling point of view these planes are catagorised as "Luft 46" The luftwaffe was theoretical capable of using these planes and they were in the process of being built but germany never had the time and the resources at the end of the war. It is however interesting to look at the "what if ..." idea smile_o.gif

I wouldn't be adding rust streaks and metal chips all over the wings if I were you.

The Horten Ho 229A-1 was predominantly made of plywood over a welded tube steel frame. Metal sheet parts were used around the cockpit, engine intakes, the engine covers and the "duck tail" behind the engine exhausts.

Hope this helps.

horton_IX-4.jpg

horton_IX-6.jpg

horton_IX-3.jpg

the ME-262 took until late 1944/early 1945 to be officially used as a fighter(Hitler apparently insisted it be used as a bomber up until then), and the Gloster Meteor was put into an operational fighter squadron in July 1944. Although the germans did fly the first jet aircraft (HE-176).

ME-262 first flight : 18th April 1941 (with piston engine)

25th March 1942 (with jet engines)  

Meteor first flight : DG202 on 24th July 1943 powered by Rover W.2B/23 turbojets.

wink_o.gif

lol I can't believe i missied this!

Sxep is this the go229 by Gordak?

cause if it is then you're in luck and so am I

I got permission from Gordak a little while a go, to remodel it as there isn't that much to do, i have pretty much done all the animations and stuff, but just need textures for it and fix up the cockpit

can you add me to you're msn

trenchfeet@hotmail.com

biggrin_o.gif  Thats Great trench! i added you, hope to see you online soon! looking forward to work with you.

He told me he gave permission to someone, but he gave me an old email.

Really cool you found me!

the ME-262 took until late 1944/early 1945 to be officially used as a fighter(Hitler apparently insisted it be used as a bomber up until then), and the Gloster Meteor was put into an operational fighter squadron in July 1944. Although the germans did fly the first jet aircraft (HE-176).

ME-262 first flight : 18th April 1941 (with piston engine)

25th March 1942 (with jet engines)  

Meteor first flight : DG202 on 24th July 1943 powered by Rover W.2B/23 turbojets.

wink_o.gif

Those arent the first jet powered aircraft from either side.

This is the first British jet aircraft to fly, the Gloster-Whittle E.28/39 (Also called the G.40):

14115.jpg

g4003.jpg

It first flew (with jet engines) on the 15th May 1941.

Well right but the germans had the first JETFIGHTER.

Well, kind of, it was the first jet fighter flown, Britain had the first fully operational jet fighter. The devlopment of both countries jet aircraft was rather parallel, with only months or a year between different developments, so no one country can be called the inventor of jet aircraft.

Quote[/b] ]This German jet fighter and fighter-bomber was in service from 1944-45. Though the British Meteor beat it into service as the world's first fully operational turbojet aircraft, the Me262 was begun far earlier in 1938, and was built during World War II in far greater numbers. The first prototype had a piston engine in the nost and tail-down landing gear, and flew in April 1941. The third prototype made the first flight on jet power only, in July 1942. Development was slow because the Nazi leaders thought they would not need such an advanced aircraft, and it was not until Hitler himself watched an Me262 display in November 1943 that he allowed production to go ahead. Amazingly, he refused to consider it as a fighter, saying 'That is just what we need for our Blitz bomber!'

Messerschmitt had to go on with the Me262A-1a Scwalbe (Swallow) in secret. This was superb machine, with excellent flying qualities and the devastating armament of four 30mm cannon.

The only type officially allowed was the Me262-2a Sturmvogel, with pylons under the fuselage for two 1100lb bombs. Hitler's interference merely delayed the fighter by about four months. One or two were secretly used by Luftwaffe test pilots in combat missions in July 1944, but the first Development Unit did not form until September (EK 262) and the first operational fighter unit (Kommando Nowotny) formed at the end of the month.

The 262 was powered by two 1980lb thrust Jumo 004 turbojets, and could reach 540mph. Casualties were high, mainly because of engine failures and complete lack of special training. There were many versions by the end of 1944, including two-seat bombers and radar-equipped night fighters, reconnaissance versions, trainers, and bomber-destroyers with R4/M rockets or the enormous 50mm MK 114 gun.

More radical armament included the Jagdfaust, with 12 mortars firing heavy projectiles diagonally up at Allied bomber formations. Total production by VE-Day amounted to 1433, with hundreds more damages in the factories by bombing, but only a few had pilots or fuel. This was lucky for the Allies because the 262 was perhaps the most formidable fighter of the war. In one month in 1945, one unit (JV44) with an average of only six serviceable aircraft destroyed 45 of the Allies' latest warplanes. Nevertheless too few were built to have any effect.

http://www.expage.com/airge9

Yeah, shame they detracted from the Norweigan SOE soldiers that pulled off that raid by having a lone american soldier do it.

American propaganda: "Americans won World War II and every other nations helped 'em" mad_o.gif

Well, kind of, it was the first jet fighter flown, Britain had the first fully operational jet fighter. The devlopment of both countries jet aircraft was rather parallel, with only months or a year between different developments, so no one country can be called the inventor of jet aircraft.

Quote[/b] ]This German jet fighter and fighter-bomber was in service from 1944-45. Though the British Meteor beat it into service as the world's first fully operational turbojet aircraft, the Me262 was begun far earlier in 1938, and was built during World War II in far greater numbers. The first prototype had a piston engine in the nost and tail-down landing gear, and flew in April 1941. The third prototype made the first flight on jet power only, in July 1942. Development was slow because the Nazi leaders thought they would not need such an advanced aircraft, and it was not until Hitler himself watched an Me262 display in November 1943 that he allowed production to go ahead. Amazingly, he refused to consider it as a fighter, saying 'That is just what we need for our Blitz bomber!'

Messerschmitt had to go on with the Me262A-1a Scwalbe (Swallow) in secret. This was superb machine, with excellent flying qualities and the devastating armament of four 30mm cannon.

The only type officially allowed was the Me262-2a Sturmvogel, with pylons under the fuselage for two 1100lb bombs. Hitler's interference merely delayed the fighter by about four months. One or two were secretly used by Luftwaffe test pilots in combat missions in July 1944, but the first Development Unit did not form until September (EK 262) and the first operational fighter unit (Kommando Nowotny) formed at the end of the month.

The 262 was powered by two 1980lb thrust Jumo 004 turbojets, and could reach 540mph. Casualties were high, mainly because of engine failures and complete lack of special training. There were many versions by the end of 1944, including two-seat bombers and radar-equipped night fighters, reconnaissance versions, trainers, and bomber-destroyers with R4/M rockets or the enormous 50mm MK 114 gun.

More radical armament included the Jagdfaust, with 12 mortars firing heavy projectiles diagonally up at Allied bomber formations. Total production by VE-Day amounted to 1433, with hundreds more damages in the factories by bombing, but only a few had pilots or fuel. This was lucky for the Allies because the 262 was perhaps the most formidable fighter of the war. In one month in 1945, one unit (JV44) with an average of only six serviceable aircraft destroyed 45 of the Allies' latest warplanes. Nevertheless too few were built to have any effect.

http://www.expage.com/airge9

Lol...you really enjoy argueing eh? rock.gif Why don't you just concede that the Germans were pioneers in the field of jet aircraft design wink_o.gif

Lol...you really enjoy argueing eh?  rock.gif  Why don't you just concede that the Germans were pioneers in the field of jet aircraft design  wink_o.gif

I dont think ive disputed that anywhere, what im saying is, the British were also pioneers and did a lot of things before the Germans (Invented first turbojet engine and first fully operational jet fighter). I think its very wrong to forget history and generalize the invention of turbojet engines and turbojet aircraft as 'German'.

But the Britains didn´t have so fancy Designs as the germans had ;)

Ah well, our women look better :P

Ah well, our women look better :P

the queen? Margaret Thatcher?  tounge_o.gif

Ahh no no no tounge_o.gif

Heidi Klum? shes german biggrin_o.gif

Ahh no no no tounge_o.gif

Heidi Klum? shes german  biggrin_o.gif

Oh please, I think some of you need introducing to the wonderful world of British FHM and Page 3 smile_o.gif

lol ok this is starting to go way WAAAAY offtopic  wink_o.gif

I like beautiful woman..who cares where they come from ay?

can we set a point here?

I think its very wrong to forget history and generalize the invention of turbojet engines and turbojet aircraft as 'German'.

Yeah Frank Whittle may have invented the first jet engine, but the Germans were the first to design,produce and bring into service a combat jet aircraft (Scwalbe) and there's simply no disputing that.It's a fact,it happened...Concede damn you!

crazy_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

The British may have done a lot in the field of invention and discoveries,etc...but this is not one of them (at least not entirely).

Oh...And I'm British.Just in case you think I am being biased in any way wink_o.gif

Yeah Frank Whittle may have invented the first jet engine, but the Germans were the first to design,produce and bring into service a combat jet aircraft (Scwalbe)

I will concede on the design and production however, the Schwalbe seems to have been brought into service in the same month as the meteor, (experimental test pilots used it in combat in July 1944, and the meteor first saw action on the 27th July, 1944), so as i said, a lot of the developments were happening side by side, although the ME-262 was a superior aircraft although slightly let down by its engines.

Anyhoo, anyone fancy making these two planes? Sxep?

Oh, and im English, and damn proud of it!