Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

Quote[/b] ]Please dont use TATU in your missions as a locale to fight in people , the place lags like f***** hell if you get 2-3 groups plus your own in there , its completely useless to play since you wont be able to get a single straight shot in

Tatu is a great place for missions, and I will use it in my mission biggrin_o.gif .

Tatu is a great place for missions, and I will use it in my mission biggrin_o.gif .

same for me... also tonali is very nice !!!

btw. is there any update planned for tonal  rock.gif

There are two updates/fixes already out in case you've missed it. biggrin_o.gif

Please dont use TATU in your missions as a locale to fight in people  sad_o.gif  , the place lags like f***** hell if you get 2-3 groups plus your own in there , its completely useless to play since you wont be able to get a single straight shot in  crazy_o.gif

Just use TATU as a jump off point or for a intro. my measly 0.0001 cents  wink_o.gif

increase the fog, use dynamic enemy respawn scripts and forget about 0.01 loop scripts.

this works perfectly fine for my average system smile_o.gif

@tiger

good to hear their will be a release. I hope it's before 1500 gmt. I work untill 1600 GMT+1 and I don't have internet on my room on the base, only at my work. I can't DL it anyway, but it would be nice if could just enjoy some pictures of it today smile_o.gif

I'm looking forward to it!

Quote[/b] ]Please dont use TATU in your missions as a locale to fight in people    , the place lags like f***** hell if you get 2-3 groups plus your own in there , its completely useless to play since you wont be able to get a single straight shot in

If you have a average decent system it lags a little bit.

you still can reduce visibility and visual quality to reduce lag.

AND YES TONAL, TONALI IS GREAT AND THE ATMOSPHERE IN TATU OR IXTLAN IS BREATHTAKING ESPECIALLY DURING EVENING/NIGHT.

Go on guys with your missions!

Quote[/b] ]AND YES TONAL, TONALI IS GREAT AND THE ATMOSPHERE IN TATU OR IXTLAN IS BREATHTAKING ESPECIALLY DURING EVENING/NIGHT.

The cities look good no matter what time it is. Personally, I think they look best at dawn, with burning tanks and dead bodies lying around in the streets.

Quote[/b] ]btw. is there any update planned for tonal

1. BAS already released two minor patches for it.

2. Nagual is on vacation at the moment, but he has said that the plants aren't completed yet wink_o.gif .

Just curious, when are some of the problems with JAM going to be solved, like with silenced weapons and such?

~Bmgarcangel

Please dont use TATU in your missions as a locale to fight in people  sad_o.gif  , the place lags like f***** hell if you get 2-3 groups plus your own in there , its completely useless to play since you wont be able to get a single straight shot in  crazy_o.gif

Didn't get any lag yesterday whilest flying my brand-spanking-new pavehawk through the streets wink_o.gif

Just curious, when are some of the problems with JAM going to be solved, like with silenced weapons and such?

~Bmgarcangel

Actually it isn't a 'problem' to be solved....BAS coded all of the SD weapons with an initVelocity=350 to simulate special 'SubSonic' ammo, as opposed to normal HV ammo used with a suppressor. This means that addon makers have to use proper optics settings to zero any weapon that uses BAS SD ammo to about 200 meters to accurately use the ammo.

as you (bas) have access to realistic data about rangers/deltas, can you make an equivalent of USMC markers ? yeah, it's only eye candy, but i thought that could make your missions a bit more immersive ?

indeed, markers are very usefull in making of and planning of missions, would be nice to see

any estimate on desert pack screenies? smile_o.gif

One thing I noticed that the Tonal pack lacs of, camp equipment for the Tonal forces.

The other day I was playing about with the editor, and I seted up some squads patroling the jungle, here and there, patrols for East and patrols for resistance. Resistance friendly to no one.

Then I thought about making a camp for one of the sides, but all I can use is the standart tends for East and West from BIS.

I think that a cuple of tends for jungle and others for dessert would be nice. Allso, some other stuff that you could think of could be nice.

I wouldn't mind a rug aswell biggrin_o.gif , or a towell. Them radios with music would go excelent by the sea side acompined by a towell. tounge_o.gif

Oh yes, Resistance friendly to no one, patroling the same territory as East and West, by down, is really interesting. Try it if you are bored.

@CERO.

@cero ever tried to scroll through the EMPTY-->BAS Isle objects ? wink_o.gif

Yes, that's where I got the radios from, but I haven't noticed any rugs and tends.

Why/ have you? biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

Yes, that's where I got the radios from, but I haven't noticed any rugs and tends.

Why/ have you? biggrin_o.gif

@CERO.

Tents huts and nearly evrything is there that you might need for a new base (except the rugs though biggrin_o.gif ).

There are those small tents too and large barracks type buildings as well.

I noticed them, but I haven't tryed them because they are not what I consider military tends, something that in RL you can put up, stay for the night, and then move on.

Some A frames would be nice with any addon BAS release anyway.

@CERO.

i hope we get some new models for US crewmen when we get the desert and woodland packs.... the default ofp crew is starting to look really bad... especially now that we have RHS's east crew.

I think they will do this. It's the best thing to do.

I hope todays release will be a little earlier than yesterdays one. So at least I can enjoy it today and don't have to wait until tommorow. I wonder what they'll release; a mission or an addon. If they keep up te schedule of addon-mission-addon-ect the BAS week will last 8 days, so they have to release two addon right after eachother. It's either now or friday-saterday.

"Unfortunately" todays release will "only" be pictures of some of our upcoming addons.

Sorry for that guys, but not having the "in-team" mission editors kinda cripples the ability to make missions sad_o.gif

I don't care if these are "only" pictures of the "little" addon your working on, namely the despack  biggrin_o.gif

At least now we know what's going to be released. I'm not even disappointed because all your stuff is great. I enjoyed myself for months with the first pictures of the despack and the blackhawks. I'm looking forward to it!!

So I don't see a reason at all to say sorry to us. We should all say "thank you" for even making all this stuff. BAS rules.

So we're seeing picture of the Delta/ Rangers and the speacial feature of the Little birds rock.gif All well. *Faints* Na like to see wat the rangers looks like. Wont have to download something in the morning and sit at skool and think of but then again I cant download the the next days addon cos I'm going to the F1's we stole from Adalaide tounge_o.gif Saturday or Sunday i wont be here. Allwell. Get to see Schumacher fly pass in his Ferrair and use Tomato suace and write Scumacher rulz on my stomach again. tounge_o.gif