Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

Forgive me if this has been in a previously discussion.

I have read that the 160th is converting some of the MH-6/AH-6s to the NOTAR(No tail rotor) system. The article says it increases pilot workload but offers lower acustics, increase hover stability, and increase lateral and rearward speeds. Most importantly it allows Delta/Ranger work around the helo without the worry of tail strikes. I live about 45 minutes from Ft. Bragg and have only seen a MH-6 once and a few MH-47s. But the MH-6 I did see was the traditional configuration. Any idea if the NOTAR will be modelled?

Thanks

EMAN-

The NOTAR was tested a while back. Yes, it did cut down on noise and increase handling (if memory serves).

BUT

It took too much power away from the main engine, giving the pilots a lower weight limit. The traditional design allows for more weight (fuel, ammo, guns,... D-boys on benches) to be on the aircraft.

Merc

wink_o.gif As its seems that you all are talking about the lil birds again check out the specialoperations.com they seem to have a load of info on the birds...makes me wonder what the chances are of seeing 8 people being transported on the MH-6....

Model wise the Littlebirds wont be changing (that means no NOTAR - especially since it is not actually in service yet, if it ever will)

Also, we had a massive discussion about the cargo carrying capacity of the Littlbirds, and that too will not be changing in the update.

In short, what you can expect in the update:

New textures,

new scripting,

some new cargo features.

Other than that, the further details of the project are "classified" and you'll be informed of them nearer release time.

We're only told what we need to know and we don't need to know sad_o.gif

That's allright, though. Just keep suprising us with those top quality addons!

Merc - Good information, thanks for the reply.

DeadMeat - Thank you for the update, always look forward.

Information is a good thing...

wink_o.gif As its seems that you all are talking about the lil birds again check out the specialoperations.com they seem to have a load of info on the birds...makes me wonder what the chances are of seeing 8 people being transported on the MH-6....

Mate, fitting 8 on the planks, you'd need asses the size of a pinhead. Six is possible, yet add in body armor, vests, other bulkiness, not a feasable option if you want to have smooth operations while  disembarking. With two per plank, we're able to have a bit of elbow room to detach our PRL's and get set to touch down without fumbling around another man. Six or Eight just isn't practical. So in terms of realism, two per plank is just bout' right, mate.

Cheers

Ofpeditor

wouldnt eight people (fully kitted out i might add) be too heavy? i mean its not exactly a large helo

The latest MH-6 variant has hugely updated (and hence much more powerful) engines, which makes it capable of lifting much larger payloads.

I've not heard or seen or read it being possible to lift 10 people (8 + 2 Pilots) but 8 is certainly possible (6 + 2 Pilots)

Let me bump this with a new question. Are there any plans for quieter version of the KLR-250? I have read Special Operation community use a highly muffled version of this bike. The currently on sounds like a bat out of hell. I know FDF mod has a recon version that is a lot quieter more suited to the mission.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Hey BAS

How is everything coming along, there havent been many updates lately.

How is the Server move coming along.

Tim

Have you guys at BAS ever consider somthing like 'BAS Animation Pack' replacing original anims?

@Tim Pink

Slowly... very slowly...

@9mm

No, and we probably wont.

thanks for the reply Deadmeat.

If you dont mind me asking how is the pavehawk coming along, its been a while since tigershark said anything about its progress.

Tim

It's coming wink_o.gif (and thats all your getting tounge_o.gif )

i was just wondering about the Desert Pack and the "US Army Pack" that Deadmeat told me thats what the Updated Delta/Rangers has basically turned into.. units from 82nd and 101st. what i wanted to know was.. is this sorta like what Operation Frenchpoint did was like a total US Army Pack of Vehicles, Soldiers, and Aircraft? i know you guys canceled the Ah-64D.. but really uve made all the aircraft the army uses except for this."important"

Chinook - Check

Blackhawk - Check

Kiowa - Check

Apache - Standing By........

I guess there's no urgent need for an AH-64D, as the BOH one is pretty good.

I wish it was in a separete pbo, though...

Does anyone here have access to the BHD special edition 3 CD set.

On Disc Two, they show a section called "Getting It Right", and in that section the actor who plays Michael Durant flys a simulated MH-60, I think it's a MH-60K judging by the avionics... I didn't know if any of you BAS fellas had seen that or not, its got a very cool artificial horizon.

Merc

Hey Everyone at BAS

Well its been ages since weve heard from Deadmeat, Evis or Big Daddy Tiger.

How is everything coming along.

Thanks

Tim

Big Daddy Tiger has been traveling the world with his work. But can now focus on finishing the remaining 2% left for the Pavie.

Your patience will be rewarded my young Paduan.

*takes his medication*

Pill lady.....yes you..pill lady....can have some more of these purple ones?

THATS A BAD TIGER!!!!!!!(Tim smacks prestigous addon maker and ofpec grandaddy up the the back of the head)

Put those pills down, they will mess with your eyesight and you'll stuff up the pavehawk.

mad_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Tim

BAS  rock.gif  Bloody Addicted to Smoko

I finally cracked the code, BAS arent addons makers, there just a bunch of Stoners and pill poppers.

crazy_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Tim

(p.s. when Tiger says hes moving or traveling for "work" he really means that he's being moved to a different padded cell.)