Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

I think extracting ppl from a country is doen by seals ect. PJ's are really for saving ppl that could be wounded and stuff (the guys are also medics) and than under combat conditions. They help the coastguard to rescue ppl and in Alaksa they are the rescue unit for mountain-climbers and other ppl who get stuck in the remote area's

ahhh ok i see... i think the real guys im waiting for are the Navy SEALs... as i see Delta Force really doesnt do rescue missions.. there more of a real SLAM and BAM operators.. if u need someone dead their the ones u call not to keep peace.. the opposite rather..

so im really waiting on the Seahawks and the SEALs.. to get some American Personell evacuated from Tonal before the Rebels find out their embedded CNN reporters.

o and just a general question to anyone who knows whats the default chopper the Marine Force Recon uses? someone on militaryphotos.net told me the pavehawk but wasnt sure.

ahhh ok i see... i think the real guys im waiting for are the Navy SEALs... as i see Delta Force really doesnt do rescue missions.. there more of a real SLAM and BAM operators.. if u need someone dead their the ones u call not to keep peace.. the opposite rather..

so im really waiting on the Seahawks and the SEALs.. to get some American Personell evacuated from Tonal before the Rebels find out their embedded CNN reporters.

o and just a general question to anyone who knows whats the default chopper the Marine Force Recon uses? someone on militaryphotos.net told me the pavehawk but wasnt sure.

Isn't it the MH-53?

I think the pavies are Airforce birds wich means they get assigned to anyone who needs transporting and other tasks (like airforce PJ's). The marinecorps pilot their own AH-1W's, UH-1N's and various other beasts. Like the CH-53E, another possible ride is the Seahawk wich is a navy chopper.

EDIT: Isn't the MH-53 an airforce bird? I know there are several versions but I thought most were operated by the airforce.

CH/RH-53D, CH-46E and UH-1N says the book i have infront of me. smile_o.gif

Edit: CH-53E is probebly the current version, right?

EDIT: Isn't the MH-53 an airforce bird? I know there are several versions but I thought most were operated by the airforce.

Yes, it is smile_o.gif

The CH is the "Marines" variant (by the fact that only the Marine Corps operates them)

But if you want more info, check the pages on our site. Thats what they're there for wink_o.gif

Personal Question Time!

Deadmeat- Is your name reference to being an "Easy target" in a combat situation. Or, the condition of your penis?

I too have a lifeless meat puppet... sad_o.gif

Merc

Quote[/b] ]I too have a lifeless meat puppet...

I did not hear that! I did not hear that! Think happy thoughts, la-la-la-la!

LOL,what kind post is that.Anyways,When do you guys at BAS plan to have some addons open Source for others to learn from?Sorry if this has been asked before.but I dont feel like spending hours going threw 141 search results.

Since BAS and JAM are working together, I guess I should ask my question here.

When I use the flares "JAM_flareGreen" and "JAM_flareWhite" for some units I have in their config, it crashes the game. Are these the proper names? They are in the readme, but they dont work on units ingame.

Personal Question Time!

Deadmeat- Is your name reference to being an "Easy target" in a combat situation. Or, the condition of your penis?

I too have a lifeless meat puppet... sad_o.gif

Merc

*rubs temples*

Think of a happy place, a HAPPY place...

err.. well I chose DeadMeat waaaay back in the C&C Red Alert days, since thats all I left behind me during mp smile_o.gif (trails of deadmeat - tesla coils and whatnot)

Since then it's just stuck.

As for the condition of my penis, thats for me and my girlfriend to know, not you lot :P

@NZX, if you want mlods, all you have to do is ask. We stated that clearly at the begining (of BAS) However, all our publically released addons, and any "offspring" addons that are ade using our models will/must be binarised. The main reason for this is the ODOL format of p3d is much better for the game, since it has gone through many optimisations from MLOD.

We also request (its part of the terms of people getting our models) that they be binarised before public release. Again there are many reasons for that, but its mainly to prevent the army of "weekend" addon makers simply re-hashing our work into something minutely different to the BAS original, and taking the credit for it.

Editied for spellings, damnit tounge_o.gif

Airforce PJ's

do they only rescue downed pilots? or could they also rescue people that are like embedded American Reporters and people the governments want out of a certain country.. or is the PJ's jus the rescue medics to the air force?

Just a bit of a side note...

The Australian SASR soldier who died in Afghanistan was assisted by USAF PJs who jumped in after his Land Rover hit a land-mine. Couldn't save him unfortunately, but bloody heroes nonetheless. You'd hate to have some jurisdictional crap prevent you from helping guys dying in the field...

In fact....if I recall correctly...Delta was formed specifically to combat the early threats of terrorism and perform hostage rescue similiarly to what the SAS was doing in the early 80s.

Since then it's role may have evolved...but I believe it was hostage rescue/counter terrorism as its main responsibility.

yeh thing is.. its so hard to find out what kinda stuff they do.. (ive been running out of mission idea's) and hostage rescue on ofp is kinda complicated.. other than the join Team.. but that doesnt work like you expect it to.

From what I have read/been told, Delta's mission is retrieval/neutralization. That definition can vary widely, but that is there primary function. This can range from "Rescuing" an enemy officer/official from the comfort of his own bed (either by way of bullet, or removal to a not so comfortable US bed), to retrieving friendly personell, (be they POWs, hostages, or even trapped behind enemy lines). This can also include retrieving sensitive equipment (be it parts of a downed aircraft, missle, etc) and returning it to friendly hands, and or destroying it to prevent it falling into enemy hands. And that, only when it is impractical for conventional forces to perform the same mission. (If an aircraft is downed 2 miles from an infantry battalion, more than likely a patrol would be sent from that unit. smile_o.gif )

Also most operators are trained in surveillance and recon tactics. This is why you see many in security roles. (Afghanistan, Iraq, and even in "friendly" nations for political figures). The reason I've read for this is simple. If the team is deployed somewhere, the best way to get intelligence is by the team that will be perfroming the mission. (Intell Contacts are ideal, but as far as friendly assets go). This way, the ones who will be operating in the vicinity have some first hand knowledge of that area. This is always better than viewing a sattelite or other photo, or even a mere description of an area. A picture may be worth a thousand words, but to see it for yourself is worth a thousand pictures. (I imagine that practice may also be to keep their specific mission known to a minimal number of outside (read rank and file) personell. If you ask for info on an area, then it can only be known that something will go on in that area. When you start asking for specific bits of info, the purpose can more easily be deduced. )

thnx for the replies from everyone.. Evis i cant find anymore Delta Stories u got anymore links? everytime i search SFOD-D i get DF:BHD the game.. or some skins from other games..

any pics on the updated d/r

id like really to c a progress pic of the delta

just the body armour at least something

pls? smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

in the spirit of christmas biggrin_o.gif

Now since BAS is so good guys. why don't they make some really good campaigns.  I would esspecially like them to build a Black Hawk down campaign

But if they did that they would have to change the weapons. Delta force didn't use Reflexes then.

And the Rangers still today use regular M16's for most of there missions.

yes me too have recently sprung up an interest back in the D-Boys and im just aching to play as them... reading all these stories and what not.. As i know Delta does a alotta work in civilian appearence.. BAS are u guys going to do like a Tonal Dressed Civilian (Suited for African Americans too, as most likely would be the best for undercover ops to be the same color as the Tonalese people) Like just have a civil dressed tonal guy with the M4 Eotech with some cool sunglasses.. lol (added init line optional) with the same skill and attributes delta has? and like another one for Colder Climates like nogova? (Body Guard looking) that would be really really cool..

The tonal army civils face cannot change.. i tried changing the face to BASfaceDD4 and it wouldnt go.. he would look really badass dressed as a tonalese kicking ass.

Just idea's

Now since BAS is so good guys. why don't they make some really good campaigns.  I would esspecially like them to build a Black Hawk down campaign

But if they did that they would have to change the weapons.  Delta force didn't use Reflexes then.

And the Rangers still today use regular M16's for most of there missions.

They also didnt wear those BDUs, or the camelbacks or any of the other kit they have, simply because our Deltas and Rangers are based around the year 2002 spec, NOT the 1993 spec.

For that reason, our units are wholly unsuited to the BHD mission, and we will not be making any form of BHD campaign.

Edit: Also, I just noticed that you said

Quote[/b] ]And the Rangers still today use regular M16's for most of there missions.

That is, to be fair, a load of bull...

Even a simple search in google will display that they have switched to using the M4A1, some with the SOPMOD features.

ok hmm lets ask the people who know ...so i did ...as an active member of the Air Force SOC i have a few ranger buddies ..

the only time rangers use the base model M-16a2 is in ranger school ..other than than the they use the M-4 MWS or modular weapons system ...thanks for calling and have a nice day ...