Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

Oh, and I would love to pound my foot up sashman's (spelling?) ass. How fuckin dare him? Ahh the bastard!

I gotta go punch a kitten, let off some steam...

Sweet_pup

Pleased to meet you too  smile_o.gif

It's always interesting seeing the various life forms emerge from their dwellings at night smile_o.gif

Since JAM is holding up the MH-60, will you still be releasing a public beta version? Or has this time for fine-tuning allowed you to iron out the bugs and made you able to release a completed version?

Guys...guys....guys....I know this thread is for questions...but let's focus on one thing at a time ok. crazy_o.gif

At the moment we aren't thinking much past MH-60, JAM, Upgraded De/Ra's and SEAL Team 8.

The Littlebirds are going to be given a significant overhaul. There are scripts to be added, texture tweaks to be done and perhaps a new variant being added........despite this...we really haven't sat down and discussed the design yet...just played with ideas. Based on the reaction to the MH-60s (miniguns, fuel tanks, scripts) we will make some decisions on what the upgraded LB pack will contain.

Cool. Thank you.

Way too much light in the screenshots, ideally the only thing 'they' should see is the instant replay from 'upstairs', after the show. biggrin_o.gif

Guys...guys....guys....I known this thread is for questions...but let's focus on one thing at a time ok. crazy_o.gif

At the moment we aren't thinking much past MH-60, JAM, Upgraded De/Ra's and SEAL Team 8.

The Littlebirds are going to be given a significant overhaul. There are scripts to be added, texture tweaks to be done and perhaps a new variant being added........despite this...we really haven't sat down and discussed the design yet...just played with ideas. Based on the reaction to the MH-60s (miniguns, fuel tanks, scripts) we will make some decisions on what the upgraded LB pack will contain.

okay

then will the deltas have different squadron configurations it

seems that the ranger squadron is way stornger than the delta squad

even though they have higher skills

and will deltas have a very different handgun engagement range??since all deltas are known to carry hanguns unlike the rangers where only officers carry handguns

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) tounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

Did you hear him.. he said "very very VERY Close"

Landwarrior, I am going to wait til they say very very very very very very very very very very very very very VERRRRRY close, then it will be about a week off HAHA jk. Take your time, I can't wait for JAM actually, call me crazy but after hearing about it I am a little more excited about JAM then the MH-60's.

*Two men in white coats strap a straight jacket on AOCBravo2004 and haul him away*

George

Why do you guys think about the release dates so much? It's a bit too much like masturbation without the pay off.

Oh and, JAM rocks. You guys will love it.

Why do you guys think about the release dates so much? It's a bit too much like masturbation without the pay off.

well by the looks of your post.. looks like uve got a beta of J.A.M. or something.. so thats easy for you to say... but we bleed everytime we come to flashpoint and dont have these great addons.

I had the priviledge of MP testing a VERY cool MP mission we plan to ship with JAM as a little added bonus.

Guys...it is awesome......between the Mh-60s, JAM and new units flowing out after JAM you are gonna think all your Xmas' have come at once.

Trust me on this....or my name isn't Unky Tiger.

YAY!!! Thank you Unky Tiger

*group hug with uncle sam* unclesam.gifunclesam.gif

I had the priviledge of MP testing a VERY cool MP mission we plan to ship with JAM as a little added bonus.

Guys...it is awesome......between the Mh-60s, JAM and new units flowing out after JAM you are gonna think all your Xmas' have come at once.

Trust me on this....or my name isn't Unky Tiger.

hope those "flowing units" are the rangers and the delta's.... hehehehe no since in releasing the SEALs without HH60's.. but the rangers however need a ride.. priority first.

alrite unky tiger.....! lol

quick question-

wanted to know if the wierd bending of the goggles on the delta/rangers can be fixed/will be fixed (when you move the players head, either moving the mouse left and right in free look, or using the numpad directional keys). somethin also wierd happens to the rangers nec mic when u move the same way.......

id post some pics showing everyone what im talkin about but i dont know where to get image hosting/never really was interested in having images hosted tounge_o.gif

quick question-

wanted to know if the wierd bending of the goggles on the delta/rangers can be fixed/will be fixed (when you move the players head, either moving the mouse left and right in free look, or using the numpad directional keys). somethin also wierd happens to the rangers nec mic when u move the same way.......

id post some pics showing everyone what im talkin about but i dont know where to get image hosting/never really was interested in having  images hosted tounge_o.gif

It's an OFP engine issue dude...can't be fixed sad_o.gif

Cloney: I am not sure if I was one person you were referring to, but actually I don't think about addons that much, sure I check the OPF news everyday but that is while I am taking a break from my other duties, most importantly college and waiting to receive my officers commission in the US Marine Corps(if I don't injure myself again). Plus a whole host of other stuff. If it was not directed at me, sorry, I am not upset, just clearing something up. Sorry Forum Mods for not taking it to PM.

PS I know I'll love JAM, especially since so many good people and groups are collaborating on it. Yeah, I do see it as one of the most important developments in the Flashpoint community, can't wait for it, will probably integrate it into Inquisitors HD Weps Pack for the people that like that addon.

George

quick question-

id post some pics showing everyone what im talkin about but i dont know where to get image hosting/never really was interested in having  images hosted tounge_o.gif

It's an OFP engine issue dude...can't be fixed  sad_o.gif

seems like those damned ofp engine issues are the only thing holding you guys down! sad_o.gif  (not meant in a bad way, its really good to be only held down by engine limitations) biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the quick response Evis, what I meant was what type of gear they would wear:
Quote[/b] ] (SOAR with visor, SOAR with NVGs, SOAR with Face Mask?)

But I bet that one is a "wait and see"...

Well, you asked what versions there were, and i have mentioned every version included, take a look at the screenshots and make of that what you will....

WOW it looks great! THANK YOU VERY VERY VERY MUCH for the screen! as it is against your politics  wink_o.gif

..sorry for this.... Can the fueltanks be removed my setobject?

Or better is there a version without it? (sorry if i personly asked this question befor)

i think the mh60l version does neither have the fueltanks, nor the refuelling prope, from what i remember...

so plan ur mission like this:

use the mh60K for stories like beeing inserted from far away (i.e. us to columbia) and the mh60L for island based raids/ insertions.

Ok thanks! ...will the 2 helis be released at the same time?

A little offtopic perhaps but I just thought I'd recommend this great book I just bought :

Chariots of the Damned-Helicopter Special Operations from Vietnam to Kosovo By Mike Ryan and Major Mike McKinney

0312291183.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Have any of you BAS guys heard of it or read it? If so I very strongly reccommend it you won't regret it.

Beautiful action paintings and very detailed accounts of the Koh Tang island Marine led USAF HH-53 landings in 1975, the disaster that was Desert One to the rescue of Scott O'Grady behind enemy lines in Bosnia in 1995.

Okay Evis, here is what I see, from what has been released...

160th SOAR Pilots/Crewchiefs (Desert)

160th SOAR Pilots/Crewchiefs (Woodland)

160th Group shot

Assault Force

Little Bird Crew

Those are all the pics I could find of the 160th SOAR troops. Looks like they will have the kick ass fold-down NVGs, flip down face visors, and oxygen masks (That would be my guess) and knowing what BAS has done in the past, that is proabably just the beginning...

Sweet_pup