Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

New bas thread

Since the official BAS thread has been closed at BAS' request, might as well make use of this one.

There's a small progress report on BAS' site, dated today.

Please BAS personnel, no need to waste time responding on this thread.

BAS disabled the "Contact Us" link... I wonder if its ok to still PM them about their addons?

They can always put you on their "PM ban" list, should they want. wink_o.gif

I think that's ridiculous...OK I undstand that there are stupid questions asked, unhelpful and unnecessary comments posted, but that's no reason to just close all communication with the general OFP playinmg public mad_o.gif

BAS disabled the "Contact Us" link... I wonder if its ok to still PM them about their addons?

It's not disabled, it's either:

1. messed up (that's for sure - it's a mix of a URL and an email address - try the old email address).

2. Not updated.

You'll find a correct link to their (possibly old but still in use)email address on their team page.

Let's not get this thread closed too. Discuss the addons not the policies of the makers smile_o.gif I'd hate to see this update thread closed, since I so rarely visit sites that aren't in my bookmarks.

Can someone please explain to me what this thread is supposed to be about rock.gif

If you want to talk about BAS, I recommend the Squads+Fanpages forum.

If it is about BAS addons, then this is way off-topic.

Its your choice smile_o.gif

they incorrectly linked to their email

mailto:ballistic@concept-5.com should work...

If it is about BAS addons, then this is way off-topic.

Its your choice smile_o.gif

To set it back on topic, the first post refers to BAS' news today that their Blackhawk and other goodies are proceeding along nicely.

You can also assume from this OFP NG thread that they're doing some serious MP testing. smile_o.gif

my 2 cents to prevent this topic from being closed;

Does anyone know if the HH-60G pavehawk (not the blackhawk pack) will be released in a Gunship-grey camo or euro-camo. (or will the pack have both)

Personally I like the (very basic) gunship grey. It just looks great somehow. On the BAS-site it also says that the gunship grey varient is (perhaps) more often used for spec-ops than the euro-camo version.

If someone from will (please) be so kind to at least answer this little question? I already asked in in the other topic, but that one got closed leaving me without an answer

they'll prob just do the current camo version. the grey version were for USAF Special Operations command and they no longer fly the HH-60 they've all been moved over to ACC( air combat command)

I think that's ridiculous...OK I undstand that there are stupid questions asked, unhelpful and unnecessary comments posted, but that's no reason to just close all communication with the general OFP playinmg public  mad_o.gif

This statement is untrue....we have not closed communication with the community. Only in these forums until such time as we feel we can begin posting again so that it:

a) Doesn't interfere with our work plans

b) Doesn't infuriate us with immature and inflammatory posts

c) Doesn't interfere with our desire and motivation to make addons for the community.

I can't tell you how happier the team has become since I instituted a temporary ban on posting on BAS threads here. We have become more productive as well as there is no need to continuosly waste time defending ourselves, our work and our plans to some elements of the community that insist on behaving in a less than desireable manner.

Logic tells me you meant well in your post, but the very nature of the wording is symptomatic of the problem in this forums.

Instead phrasing it like, "BAS, I undstand that there are stupid questions asked, unhelpful and unnecessary comments posted but I would strongly encourage to reasses your position and feed us some information from time to time", you phrased it in that angry and confrontational way that suggests we are somehow at fault for not fulfilling your needs for information.

Can you see the difference in approach and how emotional and unthoughtful posts can be the cause of much of the confrontation between addon makers and the community?

This forum seems to be unique in this kind of posting and as such we have stopped posting only here until our next release. We still communicate with the community through OFPEC, OPFLASHPOINT.ORG, through interviews with other sites, through the IRC channels and through the news briefs on our website.

Please use this thread to discuss our addons amongst yourselves but don't be expecting any replies from BAS people until we release something.

Again...apologies for the inconvenience but we had to do what was best for us to maintain integrity and cohesion within the team.

---edit---

Post removed - despite the smiley this could have been taken quite seriously the wrong way...I don't want to uneccesarily PO anyone

He he he...Major...you are one of good apples in the bunch. I'm sure I would have seen the humour  biggrin_o.gif

I mean that quote in your sig is inspirational!

He he he...Major...you are one of good apples in the bunch. I'm sure I would have seen the humour  biggrin_o.gif

I mean that quote in your sig is inspirational!

What are tigershark's rock.gif

Well Dauragon (which is the Katakana way of pronouncing Dragon in Japanese....the Japanese word is ryu)

A Tigershark is a type of shark known for it's aggressiveness, similar to Hammerheads and Great White Sharks. It has characteristic brown stripes running along it's body (very subtle though) which make it appear like a Tiger. Live in the warm waters of the Pacific.

And no...we have no Tigershark addons planned biggrin_o.gif

Well Dauragon (which is the Katakana way of pronouncing Dragon in Japanese....the Japanese word is ryu)

A Tigershark is a type of shark known for it's aggressiveness, similar to Hammerheads and Great White Sharks. It has characteristic brown stripes running along it's body (very subtle though) which make it appear like a Tiger. Live in the warm waters of the Pacific.

And no...we have no Tigershark addons planned  biggrin_o.gif

lol thx, first i thought it was some kind of tiger that can swim  biggrin_o.gif

underwater of course...

Being the Resident Elasmophile, I can help field this question - and this is the only thing I will go off topic on, and only because it can't be helped. smile_o.gif

tigershark.jpg

The Tiger Shark - Galeacerdo cuvier  

Size - grows up to 20 feet in length.

Diet - Literally anything they can swallow, including two dolphins at a time, cans of beans, suits of armor, other sharks, and the occasional small dog.

Habitat - Typically tropical close shore and open water.

Edit: I, for one, would like to see a Tiger Shark addon. biggrin_o.gif

Nice pic Hellfish....and nice info as well....there you have it folks...everything you have ever wanted to know about Tigersharks.....and they say the Internet is full of crap...pfffft

Being the Resident Elasmophile, I can help field this question - and this is the only thing I will go off topic on, and only because it can't be helped. smile_o.gif

tigershark.jpg

The Tiger Shark - Galeacerdo cuvier  

Size - grows up to 20 feet in length.

Diet - Literally anything they can swallow, including two dolphins at a time, cans of beans, suits of armor, other sharks, and the occasional small dog.

Habitat - Typically tropical close shore and open water.

Edit: I, for one, would like to see a Tiger Shark addon. biggrin_o.gif

ooh, this was the thing i was imaginating

tigershark.jpg

but oh well, thx for answers biggrin_o.gif

Back on topic now wink_o.gif

I understand the choice of BAS to not answer anymore after all these questions, it has been a good move from them, i still can't believe people ask and ask and when they get they ask for more and whine, this has been done alot in this community,

Why dont people go learn to model, try to make an addon and see how hard it is, these people spend money to please you guys with your "I want this addon" attitude, it is very naughty and not nice for the persons who have put alot of effort in their work.

I once encountered a 14 foot Tigershark while scuba diving in the Marianas Islands. An awesome experience, but one I'm not too eager to repeat. He "bumped" a Japanese diver about 100 feet away from me, nudging him through the water to see if he might be worth eating. That was one lucky bastard I must say.

I think that's ridiculous...OK I undstand that there are stupid questions asked, unhelpful and unnecessary comments posted, but that's no reason to just close all communication with the general OFP playinmg public  mad_o.gif

This statement is untrue....we have not closed communication with the community. Only in these forums until such time as we feel we can begin posting again so that it:

a) Doesn't interfere with our work plans

b) Doesn't infuriate us with immature and inflammatory posts

c) Doesn't interfere with our desire and motivation to make addons for the community.

I can't tell you how happier the team has become since I instituted a temporary ban on posting on BAS threads here. We have become more productive as well as there is no need to continuosly waste time defending ourselves, our work and our plans to some elements of the community that insist on behaving in a less than desireable manner.

Logic tells me you meant well in your post, but the very nature of the wording is symptomatic of the problem in this forums.

Instead phrasing it like, "BAS, I undstand that there are stupid questions asked, unhelpful and unnecessary comments posted but I would strongly encourage to reasses your position and feed us some information from time to time", you phrased it in that angry and confrontational way that suggests we are somehow at fault for not fulfilling your needs for information.

Can you see the difference in approach and how emotional and unthoughtful posts can be the cause of much of the confrontation between addon makers and the community?

This forum seems to be unique in this kind of posting and as such we have stopped posting only here until our next release. We still communicate with the community through OFPEC, OPFLASHPOINT.ORG, through interviews with other sites, through the IRC channels and through the news briefs on our website.

Please use this thread to discuss our addons amongst yourselves but don't be expecting any replies from BAS people until we release something.

Again...apologies for the inconvenience but we had to do what was best for us to maintain integrity and cohesion within the team.

OK I understand and apologise for blurting out like that.It came out the wrong way I suppose and was meant to be like your alternative version of my post but I was a bit p-ed off at the time wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif