Sign in to follow this  
USSoldier11B

Beer thread

rock.gif

Here in America hard liqour is mainly for alcoholics and teenagers (McCormick Vodka is only like $8.00 for a 1.75l bottle, so you and 5 other guys can get drunk for less than $2.00 a piece, economical for high school students.)...as is cheapy macro-brew beer.

I don't see anything sissy about a double shot of Jameson in a pint of Guinness... tounge_o.gif

Can you see a teenager splashing out 100GBP or more on a bottle of whisky, simply to get drunk? rock.gif

Can you see a teenager drinking Whisky for enjoyment rock.gif

No? Thought so wink_o.gif

The beer's I drink...

Corona Extra (Mexico) - I allways have these in the fridge

Guinness Extra Stout (duh!)

Sierra Nevada Stout/Bock (U.S)

Sam Adams Boston Lager (U.S.)

Yummmmmm

Flensburger! Dat flenst! Plop! biggrin_o.gif

Or any Weizenbeer...

Or Becks.

Non-beer favourite:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

Romulanian Ale

--------------------

4cl Blue Curaçao

4cl Wodka

22cl Sprite

My cup of tea - ehhh beer are these ones:

For more casual sophistication: Newcastle Brown Ale

For pleasure only    : Westmalle Trappist Dubbel

Of course, my local beer is quite good too: Hansa Pilsner

Beer is fine, but I guess I'm more of a claret loving guy!

For a stout I prefer Youngs double chocolate stout,im not much of an Guinness enthustiastic..

Ok "Maestro" has got to be like the best beer in the world. If you ever get a chance to try it, you will see. It's Czech beer btw.

maestro_m.gif

Ok "Maestro" has got to be like the best beer in the world. If you ever get a chance to try it, you will see. It's Czech beer btw.

maestro_m.gif

hmm.......Urquell is also very good - don't you think?

Can you see a teenager splashing out 100GBP or more on a bottle of whisky, simply to get drunk? rock.gif

Can you see a teenager drinking Whisky for enjoyment rock.gif

No? Thought so wink_o.gif

Yes..... its sad but I know of some ppl who do this

Quote[/b] ]Can you see a teenager splashing out 100GBP or more on a bottle of whisky, simply to get drunk?

Rapper + expensive liquor on MTV = Moron minimum wage recipient in Dickies coming into the LQ and asking "where the Courvoisier at"?

Here are some local beers I like:

Detmolder Pilsener

245-01.jpg

Detmolder Landbier (I prefer this one smile_o.gif )

245-02.jpg

The beer you'll mostrly see at parties here is Herforder Pils. It's also from a local brewery.

li_pils.gif

Sometimes I drink Wüllners Braumeister from Bilefeld. You can call this local, too.

If it's not local stuff, then it will be Becks or Paulaner Weizen.

paulaner.jpg

cheers! biggrin_o.gif

That´s my favourite, brewed in Cologne, near my Hometown.

sweden_reissdorf-koelsch_bottle.jpg

I didn´t know it´s available outside Germany...has anyone had a Reissdorf already ?

I only heard something about "Rammsdorfer Kölsch" it was mentionned in the movie "Voll Normaaal!" tounge_o.gif

In fact I never had a Kölsch. I think you'll get it only around Cologne and I've never been down there.

The best thing about beer is that it actually helps when you're thirsty and that you can drink a lot of it before you're drunk. biggrin_o.gif

And did I mention that it can be pretty cheap? wink_o.gif

$33ker @ July 15 2003,17:14)]I only heard something about "Rammsdorfer Kölsch" it was mentionned in the movie "Voll Normaaal!" tounge_o.gif

In fact I never had a Kölsch. I think you'll get it only around Cologne and I've never been down there.

lmao..how could i forget the big Rammsdorfer  crazy_o.gif  I guess this means "Köln Kalk verbot" for me  biggrin_o.gif

No, just kidding, this Rammsdorfer is fiction afaik..never seen that.

$33ker @ July 15 2003,17:14)]And did I mention that it can be pretty cheap? wink_o.gif

What beer do you mean, Hansa perhaps biggrin_o.gif ??

I bought a Box of Reissdorf (20 bottles) a few minutes ago, it cost me 15 € (Pfand incl.), in the good ´ol times of the GermanMark the same was priced about 19 DM (10 €)  sad_o.gif

I prefer dark wheat beer ("dunkles Hefeweizen", like dark Erdinger) or dark beer in general (Ur-Köstritzer for example), apart from that maybe a good Pilsener style beer. The Czech beers are very good but hard to get around here, so I go with the local Rothaus.

[put's on flame proof tin hat]

Anyways, no beer's as good as a nice red wine (a Rioja or a dry burgundy)! tounge_o.gif

[put's on flame proof tin hat]

Anyways, no beer's as good as a nice red wine (a Rioja or a dry burgundy)! tounge_o.gif

crazy_o.gif I can't stand wine tounge_o.gif

$33ker @ July 15 2003,17:14)]I only heard something about "Rammsdorfer Kölsch" it was mentionned in the movie "Voll Normaaal!" tounge_o.gif

The best thing about beer is that it actually helps when you're thirsty and that you can drink a lot of it before you're drunk. biggrin_o.gif

And did I mention that it can be pretty cheap? wink_o.gif

I have tasted only one kölch,it was called "gaffel kölch"

kölch is a ale type of beer, but very lagerlike. I tasted the malt very strongly in it..

kölch is a ale type of beer, but very lagerlike. I tasted the malt very strongly in it..

Gaffel has the most bitter taste of all Kölsch´s imo.

btw: It´s brewing tradition reaches back to 1398 or something like that, my dad likes it much  biggrin_o.gif

Me and some (belgian) friends did a blind beer test lately. The idea was to test if belgian beer was indeed better than dutch beer. Only pilsner type beers were tested. Here are the results:

Bavaria (NL) +2

Jupiler (B) +2

Amstel (NL) +1

Heineken (NL) +1

Romy (B) +1

Carlsberg (DK) 0

Grolsch (NL) 0

Kronenbourgh (F) 0

Karlsquell (B) -0,5

Stella Artois (B) -0,5

Derby (B) -1

Dommelsch (NL) -1

Primus (B) -1

Bitburger (D) -2

Delhaize premium (B) -2

Euroshopper (NL) -3

Hertog Jan (NL) -4

Maes (B) -4

Aro (B) -5

Brand (NL) -6

Personally I like the stronger belgian beers most. For example: Duvel, Ciney, Chimay, Delirium Tremens, Tripel.

But on hot days like this, a cool pilsner beer or a white beer is delicious too!

Personally I like the stronger belgian beers most. For example: Duvel, Ciney, Chimay , Delirium Tremens, Tripel.

Oh yes, Chimay is a very good trapist beer. Have you tried Westmalle Trappist Dubbel? In my opinion it's even better .

Edit: that includes both chimay blue and white

Gaffel has the most bitter taste of all Kölsch´s imo.

btw: It´s brewing tradition reaches back to 1398 or something like that, my dad likes it much  biggrin_o.gif

oldest known brewery still in function is weihenstephaner btw...just a curiosity. smile_o.gif

$33ker @ July 15 2003,17:14)]And did I mention that it can be pretty cheap? wink_o.gif

What beer do you mean, Hansa perhaps biggrin_o.gif ??

No, Hansa is a "Penner- und Maurerbier". biggrin_o.gif

Ever heard something about Waldschloss? I think it's from Wuppertal and it's very cheap compared to other beers (around 30 cent for 0.5l), but it also tastes very good. Unfourtenately it's out of stock here at the moment. sad_o.gif

another cheap beer is Felsenkrone, but it's not very good. We once have stolen something about 35 cans from a party where they had the last canned beer after the Dosenpfand. after one week all the cans were finished in one evening. Because it tasted so awfull we had to use this special piece of equipment:

bb3.JPG

(we're not on the photo) tounge_o.gif

*edit*

just found a definition of cheap German beer. biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the input guys, you are really knowledgeable, and it's kinda nice to talk about something other than how evil my country is. sad_o.gif

Thanks for the input guys, you are really knowledgeable, and it's kinda nice to talk about something other than how evil my country is. sad_o.gif

You want to talk about your evil country? Ok tounge_o.gif

WHY oh WHY do you have to put perfume Southern Comfort crazy_o.gif It sounds like a nice whisky/bourbon and doesn't taste bad, but when I found out that you essentially put perfume into it, it kinda put me off crazy_o.gif