Sign in to follow this  
FenderHSS

Performance vs. visuals

I think you sould be able to adjust all settings.  Physics modelling, ragdolls, bullets, graphics options.  Adaptable to most machines from 800 MHz to 2.4 GHz

I think it should have most things as options or sliders, but I do think that they should put in as good as graphics and effects as possible, even if no computer can feasible handle it at the time of OFP2's release.  People could just turn them off, until they're computer could handle it. I also think that there should be maybe options on server so the admin can adjust view distance, quality, etc. or make it so people can vote on them for each game.

I hope that ,even though I have an 800mhz pc, BIS puts in as good as graphics as possible, I mean dont get me wrong, OFP was good, but the graphics where not up to par. A new pc is what I want so I can run these new game coming out. Personally I think better graphics will make for the best game experence.

I have a p2.4 ghz A Geforce 4 and 512 mb RAM, so performance isnt an issue.

But anyone who says OFPs graphics arent up to par is quite frankly talking bullshit. OFP has one of the greatest graphics engine of all time, it still looks fantastic today, look how detailed all the models are. The only thing you can possibly complain about are the bushes/trees etc. But with thousands on the screen you cant afford to make every one bump mapped.

I think OFP should use OFP1s engine with some serious modifications. Like ragdoll effects, more impressive explosions, far better physics, better paticle effects (blood dirt spray etc)

Making OFP ridiculously complex will just cut down the amount of complexity we can put into user missions.

I have P4 2Ghz, 512 DDR RAM, Gf4 Ti4200 128 RAM and perfomance IS an issue. OFP can lag on ALL systems 'cos it's engine was no created for very high polygon models and really huge battles using lots of polygons. And that's really annoying. For example I can't play on highest terrain level using my PC. It just LAGS like hell...

Good balance like OPF. I have played it on p3 800 when it was out and it ran quite well, i know have 2.4 and is somehow frustrating that i cant run the game at the highest terrain detail and view distance. terrain and vegetation look ok, vehicals look very nice, soldier models are just horrible tounge_o.gif , i think balance is the right word, i just cant stand bad performance and jerkiness while playing games smile_o.gif .

Loads of detail and the ability to turn it off is clearly the best choice. Of course, if its either detail or speed, detail all the way ;)

The high detail terrain sucks though does'nt it?. It creates loads of little 'pyramids' that spin tanks around like tops! tounge_o.gif . The low & normal settings are far more realistic. As for the graphics, they do look good if you have a good card and bump up the mipmap and Aniso'Filter levels, but they DO tend to glitch and clip alot which makes them look poor while moving...

I hope they improve the explosion sequence, a tank turning black then 'squashing/morphing' and only then exploding a second later looks sheetee...

I hope they get rid of the awful 'stick your head into your shoulder' stance. The way the AI has a fit while standing still, twisting his head around at totaly unrealistic angles for no apparent reason. The 'at ease' animation does'nt need that much movement/fidgeting...

Also I hope the sound is a damn site better than the original version, the fade~in/out level and the quality of sounds. The gunfire sounds like it's in a cardboard box over to your right somewhere when hardware is enabled, and the voiceovers either blaring out or quieting to a whisper depending on camera angle is annoying...

The high detail terrain sucks though does'nt it?. It creates loads of little 'pyramids' that spin tanks around like tops! tounge_o.gif . The low & normal settings are far more realistic. As for the graphics, they do look good if you have a good card and bump up the mipmap and Aniso'Filter levels, but they DO tend to glitch and clip alot which makes them look poor while moving...

I hope they improve the explosion sequence, a tank turning black then 'squashing/morphing' and only then exploding a second later looks sheetee...

I hope they get rid of the awful 'stick your head into your shoulder' stance. The way the AI has a fit while standing still, twisting his head around at totaly unrealistic angles for no apparent reason. The 'at ease' animation does'nt need that much movement/fidgeting...

Also I hope the sound is a damn site better than the original version, the fade~in/out level and the quality of sounds. The gunfire sounds like it's in a cardboard box over to your right somewhere when hardware is enabled, and the voiceovers either blaring out or quieting to a whisper depending on camera angle is annoying...

AI is just paranoic

Well i dont think this thread would really affect me, 3gb of ddr ram 2.53ghz processor 256 mb video memory, soundblaster live platnium sond card, and 120gb of hd space split into 2 60 gb drives i think im set

I think you sould be able to adjust all settings. Physics modelling, ragdolls, bullets, graphics options. Adaptable to most machines from 800 MHz to 2.4 GHz

I would say, since it's 2004 release, from ~1.5GHz up to 4GHz rock.gif

Totally agree on the configurable settings depth. I am sooo loking forward to being able to enable fully manual chopper controls. wink_o.gifwink_o.gif