Sign in to follow this  
lukemax

Normal ww2

I hate it when WW2 Addons come out and there not with the majority of the side.

For instances when a German Tank came out it was on west when the rest are on EAST

SO i belive the standerd sides should be.

West=Allies

East=NAZI Germany

Resistace=Russia

Russia should be on Resistance because they u can chose sides.

Do u agree

Luke

I hate it when WW2 Addons come out and there not with the majority of the side.

For instances when a German Tank came out it was on west when the rest are on EAST

SO i belive the standerd sides should be.

West=Allies

East=NAZI Germany

Resistace=Russia

Russia should be on Resistance because they u can chose sides.

Do u agree

Luke

Missing a Few

West = Allied Forces (England, France, Australia, etc)

East= Axis (Italy and Japan included)

Resistance = Soviet Union

I never noticed tigers being on west though lukemax...

There have been a LOT of quality WW2 armor addons, IMHO some of the best tank addons around. We just need a little bit more than the Sturmovik that was released and we ought to be set to go. P-47s, Tempest/Typhoons, Ju-87s, and a Fw-190 would be the ones I'd want. I'll probably never finish my P-38...

On a sidenote, has anyone made a USA WW2 truck addon yet? Thought there was one, but maybe I'm thinking of a jeep. Erm, just checked WWIIEC, theres already a truck out.

Russia shoul be on the west in my opinion (since they never faught against the Allied forces) But having them in Resistance might be good for custom scenarios and stuff like that. The only problem with putting them in resistance is that any finnish WW2 soldier pack is likely to be on the resistance side.

Also

French resistance = Resistance side wink_o.gif

Just a query but shouldn't the Italians but put in the Resistance part as after 1943 there were some Italian units mostly Air force which fought alongside the allies ??

Also you could have the Italian Resistance on the Resistance side too  smile_o.gif

Also you could have the Italian Resistance on the Resistance side too  smile_o.gif

just like all the european Resistance organisations

that way they could be used as resistance or government militias

1 The Allies Hated the russians just that they were just allies to kill the Germans.

2.So French Resistance Could be allies with both Germany and France or be germanys ally and fight against france!

I DONT THINK SO better they are on the same team as there main team!

Luke

There were several friendly fire incidents between the USA and USSR in WW2; I can only think of one at this time but I think there were several others as well. But that'd be easy to do with a few scripts and triggers here and there in the mission.

The WW2 Community (including Russian authors) have decided this some time ago:

British/American >> West

Germany(and Allies) >> East

Russia/Resistance forces >> Resistance

smile_o.gif

Just now you complained about resistance factions being on the resistance side.

IMO Russia is still better on the west side but who cares? tounge_o.gif

Don´t get hung up on the name, the whole point of the Resistance side is flexibility. Since the French Resistance only fought for the Allies, why shouldn´t they be on the West side?

The Vichy French fought against the British, there were several air battles between Vichy French aircraft and the RAF during the early war.

Yes but who where they allies with

THE GERMANS!

Don´t get hung up on the name, the whole point of the Resistance side is flexibility. Since the French Resistance only fought for the Allies, why shouldn´t they be on the West side?

because they were not direct allies like countrys?

because they were not direct allies like countrys?

No, because they won´t shoot at each other. Read my post.

Are you suggesting that they are put on the same side as the Russians or Germans, then!? rock.gif

I think that any country that was "occupied" during WWII had citizens that were for the occupation and those that were against the occupation. The French were a good example of this. They originally fought against the Nazis then after they were occupied, they defended North Africa against an Allied invaision.  This is the best example of an army "switching" sides. The Italian army "switched" at a certain point and of course the Russian army originally allied itself with Germany when they invaded Poland. It all depends on when the battle is taking place and against whom they are fighting. Of course civilians could go either way and then true "resistance" type fighters could be made and via the editor have them oppose which ever side the mission maker decides.

Wadmann

we could use them to represent vichy militia men as much as we could use them as armed resistance

Exactly what I was thinking ran. So..........

West:

UK

USA

USSR

France(before invasion)

Poland

China

Austrailia

East:

Italy

Japan

Germany

Finland

Resistance:

French resistance

Dutch resistance

jewish resistance

jugoslavian resistance(edit) wink_o.gif

milce(edit) wink_o.gif

Best not forget the Jugoslavian Resistance (Tito and crew) Those guys defeated and kicked out the nazis before any Allied armies got there...