Sign in to follow this  
ran

14th of july 2003 military parade

next mondey from 9.00am CET to 11.30am CET , the yearly military parade on the Champs Elysées avenue will be retransmitted on TV on the following TV channels :

TF1

France 2

TV5 (this channel is available on almost any TV satellite and some cable networks on all the continents)

here are a few pics from past 2002 edition :

The president on his way to the official spectator platform

5feb5321.jpg

French air patrol :

5feb5366.jpg

Polytechnique military superior school :

5feb5390.jpg

Saint Cyr/Coëtquidan superior military school :

5feb5398.jpg

Last year's guest , Westpoint military school :

5feb5383.jpg

Army paratroopers :

5feb5435.jpg

French foreign legion "Pioniers" :

5feb5464.jpg

Beginning of the vehicles parade , with the gendarmerie's motorbikes (you can see the first elements of the air parade):

5feb5475.jpg

AMX10RC during the army vehicles parade :

5feb5496.jpg

american firetruck , apart of the french firemen's vehicles parade in the memory of the 11th of september 2001 , it has been sent along with a detachement of american firemen who participed to the 11/9 rescure operations in New York :

5feb5514.jpg

the Gendarmerie's National Guard's Horsemen :

5feb55888jpg.jpg

a view of the Official platform :

5feb5516.jpg

video extract :

<a href="http://www.france.diplomatie.fr/tv/actual/defile.ram" target="_blank">

2002 video parade extracts , real player needed</a>

there are much more units represented than the few phtos i've shown , the parade itself is 2 hours and half long

this year guest will be a detachement of the Eurocorps

Eurocorps? Is that what I think it is... Wich country's particpate in that eurocorps? smile_o.gif

Eurocorps? Is that what I think it is... Wich country's particpate in that eurocorps?  smile_o.gif

european countries tounge_o.gif

something about the Eurocorp participation here

see the mix of uniforms tounge_o.gif

Ah who cares its france wink_o.gif

J/k

i just love seeing thousands of tanks going by the street smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]european countries

Dont mock with me mr. Frenchman! mad_o.giftounge_o.gif

Anyway, thanks for the link. Gee, I live here in Europe for more than ten years and I didn't knew they formed a eurocorps already. smile_o.gif

didn't Chirac had a scare last year when some moron tried to shoot him?

the older teenager who tried to shoot him tried to kill him with a pellet carbine from 20 meters away while our president was on a moving vehicle

-edit- :

and should it stop any other parade ? no

the single times the parade didn't take place were during the second world war .... when the Champs Elysées were occuped by the germans .....

tounge_o.gif

Edit: Forget it, its not really worth it.

Im sure you would like it anyways ran. sad_o.gif

current French military is descendent of militia that enabled French revolution, thus military by the people. so i see not much of problem except loosing so many...eh..scratch that... tounge_o.gif

its just a tradition i suppose, not anything facist,

I thought that french belguim lux and germany had formed a little alliance, you know, like a mini nato,

Its just a way of pissing off the yanks and the brits. Isnt that eurocorps? i cant remember...

1940.jpg

5_41-51.jpg

ww2-pic-087.jpg

that's when the germans squatted our avenue for their own little use

they've done their procession daily during the 4 years the occupation lasted in paris

Does the U.S have any military parades?

Not public ones.

i'll post livefeeds monday as soon as the ceremony starts

A military parade! I like that! smile_o.gif The bigger the better. Why doesn't USA have military parades? With their arsenal (and money) it could be very neat.

A military parade! I like that! smile_o.gif The bigger the better. Why doesn't USA have military parades? With their arsenal (and money) it could be very neat.

Actually, we do have military parades but mostly by the MVPA (Military Vehicle Preservation Association) and other groups of veterans etc.

Not our modern stuff. Could you imagine an abrams hauling ass down a street? The ground would be shaking tounge_o.gif

Actually, we do have military parades but mostly by the MVPA (Military Vehicle Preservation Association) and other groups of veterans etc.

Not our modern stuff. Could you imagine an abrams hauling ass down a street? The ground would be shaking tounge_o.gif

heh ? we have our leclercs and AMX30's (not sure about the amx's) participing to the parade , and i also remember the good ol' time with the big ass Pluton missiles on their tracked launcher vehicles participating to the parade

Plus a lot of pavement damage.  tounge_o.gif

Plus a lot of pavement damage.  tounge_o.gif

rubber tracks exist

I've heard that the weight of the tank damages pavement.I remeber watching a tank training show, and the trainer said he knew a tank driver in Germany, damaged a street with the tank, and they made him pay for the damage. wow_o.gif

I've heard that the weight of the tank damages pavement.I remeber watching a tank training show, and the trainer said he knew a tank driver in Germany, damaged a street with the tank, and they made him pay for the damage. wow_o.gif

buy leclercs and better pavement then tounge_o.gif