Sign in to follow this  
rouge1

F18 pack v1.3 by hudson & pennywise

No the SU-32's not the export version. The Platypus has had quite a few designations. It was first known as the SU-27IB, then the SU-32, and recently it was officially designated the SU-34.

There isn't an export version yet. It's hardly even in Russian Air Force service. It was used very little in the Chechnya conflict, like the KA-50 to basically evaluate their performance and roles in real war conditions.

From FAS Su-27 Page

"Su-32FN is the two-seat multi-role reconnaissance and strike export version of the Su-34 fighter-bomber"

So hard to tell with these geezers changing there designations every other day tounge_o.gif

I cant wait for this to be finished!

I think you'll find that FAS is out of date wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

They still have an entry for the FOAS (Future Offensive Air System) RAF program, which is now known as the F-35 JSF smile_o.gif

Sry to refreash the old topic but what happend to this great SU-34 project ?? still in works  rock.gif anybody knows?

since the topic was bumped i gues i should mention the code for startng an aircraft with its wings folded up. as well as the animation code for the canopy closed nither one of them work.

So guys what is going on now?? hudson,SILESIAN is it ready??

lot of time have past and.... rock.gif

Hasn't this already been released?

I'm talkina about SU-34. That wasn't released sad_o.gif

Seeing this bumped... I'd like to ask if anybody has been thinking about possible update? Just to bring this great plane to current standard...

What badly needs upgrading/fixing:

-folding wings problem, when staniding on Nimitz

-multi-weapons, making these Sidewinders at wingtips working.

-inverted faces lighting problems on wings.

-animated afterburner smile_o.gif.

-decrasing top speed.

Why not that much speed? It isn't unrealistic - hardly reaches Mach 1 - and many planes with afterburner are "limited" to speeds of a little over 1000 km / h... they're cool!!!

also shouldn't the missiles on the wingtips be firable? also the bombs cant be dropped in fairly quick sucsession

Hey Silesian!

Could you PLEASE release it??? I mean, I haven't seen anybody else doing it... nor its predecessor, the SU-24 Fencer... oh, and I KNOW you got some DROOLICIOUS Tu-26 Backfires as well...

BUZZARD @ May 15 2004,20:01)]Why not that much speed? It isn't unrealistic - hardly reaches Mach 1 - and many planes with afterburner are "limited" to speeds of a little over 1000 km / h... they're cool!!!

The problem is, that you don't have that big islands in OFP. And flying over a whole island in 4 secends isn't that much fun.

I do agree with the "speed limitation". So it would be much better to use in-game.

Mfg MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

BUZZARD @ May 15 2004,20:01)]Why not that much speed? It isn't unrealistic - hardly reaches Mach 1 - and many planes with afterburner are "limited" to speeds of a little over 1000 km / h... they're cool!!!

The problem is, that you don't have that big islands in OFP. And flying over a whole island in 4 secends isn't that much fun.

I do agree with the "speed limitation". So it would be much better to use in-game.

Mfg MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

Ever played on PMC's 25km Europe map? It REALLY takes more than 5 secs to fly from one end to the other...

Also, if a plane has tremendous speed, but it isn't represented that way, how realistic does the addon end up being? In terms of MP, having to shoot down one of those planes flying at over 1000 km/h close to the ground with the shoulder-launched IR missile... blues.gif

In my oppinion, it's not the realism witch is the main point, but the playability. Fast planes lag in MP, Playing on hugh islangs (like PMC's 25kmË› europe) isn't usual, especially in MP. And i think, only cause of one big island it's no reason to make that a fast plane. But as i just said, it's only my oppinion. ... and i see this whole thing only from the MP-Side (Don't play SP or just fly arround in editor [where it's definitly fun too fly with mach 1 in 25 feet hight tounge_o.gif ])

Mfg MEDICUS smile_o.gif