Sign in to follow this  
Nathanz

Ww2 online

Iv been viewing some of the vids of ww2ol and it looks good and have a few questions...

Is there alot of team work online ?

If i get killed do i have to wait to respawn if i do spawn ?

Can i drive and vehicle i want ?

Is there any lag ?

Is there a player limit ?

And if you have the game what do u like about it and what dont you like ....

smile_o.gif

If you search for "WWII AND online" you will find a couple of old threads, obviously if someone still plays it they can give a more current view smile_o.gif

I doubt there is much teammwork in non-squad enviroments.

You have to pay to play though.

actually, what you want is squads.

if your a lone wolf, you will have little fun. there are large squads that would welcome you that have lots of team work.

the map is very very big (larger than all original ofp islands combined with continuous land).

there is a little lag (from what I heard).

you can spawn in fully captured towns and and assualt the enemy.

The graphics arent the best, but there is alot of teamwork that is required to win a map. there is a 64 limit (which means you can only see 64 people at one time)

you can drive any vehicle you want, but you first must get mission points (you have to complete the mission goals). but there is no enter exit system for vehicles.

WWIIOnline is amazing when in squads, i played the 7 day trial for free and i kinda joined a squad as a temp anyway, it was really great 30 Panzers attacking a town from the north in a 20 mile flanking manouver, due to the fact we tried assualting the town earlier in the day from the south but we kept getting beaten back.

when everything's working like it's supposed to, it's great. However, in my experience, all the elements rarely fall into place all at once, and instead you end up waiting for a ride for hours, hitching a ride in on a tank you thought was being crewed by someone who knew their stuff, only to be blown to hell 5 minutes later.

But like I said, when everything is working like it's supposed to, WWIIOL is probably the most engrossing (at least to me) of the massively multiplayer games.