Sign in to follow this  
knightlite

Auto-rotational landings

One of my favorite missions to play on my home LAN with my brother is Chopper War. We put in 2 choppers and crates with AA launchers and then go head to head in the choppers. After a while one of us shoot out the others engine. I would like it if you hold the down key while falling you build up power and then you can press the up key briefly to do a softer landing. This would be helpful for the people who load 20 men into a chinook and don't have time to eject them.

That would be good. Right now you can't do any kind of crash-landings, you just blow up in pieces.

There's some kind of thing (don't know the name) where, when the engine is off/damaged, you press on the "decline" key and it uses the rotor's shape and the air or something to make a softer landing....

Just try and see tounge_o.gif Might not work very well on big choppers.

Gameer

I would like it if you hold the down key while falling you build up power and then you can press the up key briefly to do a softer landing.

this is already possible in OFP

If your engine cuts out, hold decline and keep the chopper somewhat straight. It'll bring you down, but you wont blow up

Ok then, since this something liek the 3rd thread about this I'll add: Let us have realistic autorotation landings with full control and no hard coded 50m setting.

Lol, did no one see my post?

By "decline" I mean descend....to go down....y'know. smile_o.gif

Not the same as auto-rotation, though - That'd be good.

Gameer

I have done some testing and Auto-rotational landings exist, but the conditions to make one are so remote they will never happen in a battle. The contitions are <50m <170KM and holding Desend when the engine goes. If you are not holding the descend button there is no hope.

By descend, I assume you mean the "Z" key?

By descend, I assume you mean the "Z" key?

Y key on some people

second key to left of left shift

[sHIFT] [<] [Y]