Sign in to follow this  
lpdotcom

Can tony carry on?

Now that things can only get better (can't get any worse) do you think Tony Blair's position is now untenable.

Tony may survive this fiasco but hes made too many enemies and his blood is in the water. Sooner or later the political sharks ( probably labour ) will finish him off.

And I hope sooner. How this guy ever got to be a leader of labour will be something to keep historians going for years.

although i dont agree with what some of my goverment (tony blair perticualy) says, being a brit student,

he has stuck to what he has said all through the situation , there is no proof that that iraq does have wmd although they are still looking. ive been watching the news recently and he still gives the impression that he expects some will be found. the fact that some of his goverment are aganst him even in his own party will not help him in the atm or in the future.

rock.gif

however as long as he does not waver from his stance at the minute he can defend himself

personly i reckon i was right to go to war with iraq if not over wmd then just to make sure the iraqi people can at live in some kind of peace with out being shot for saying something aganst old saddam or looking at someone a weird way (not making any coments about the current situation eg last few weeks)

personly i reckon i was right to go to war with iraq if not over wmd then just to make sure the iraqi people can at live in some kind of peace with out being shot for saying something aganst old saddam or looking at someone a weird way  (not making any coments about the current situation eg last few weeks)

The majority of Iraqis would most likely beg to differ.

personly i reckon i was right to go to war with iraq if not over wmd then just to make sure the iraqi people can at live in some kind of peace with out being shot for saying something aganst old saddam or looking at someone a weird way  (not making any coments about the current situation eg last few weeks)

The majority of Iraqis would most likely beg to differ.

Have the Harris and Galup Poll people concluded a reliable survey on this question? How do you know? It seems to me that the vast majority are thrilled to have gotten rid of Saddam.

eh... this one's gonna get closed when the mods see this turn into another Iraq debate. Anyway, I'm no expert in British gov't, but I think the damage has been done. Tony Blair can stick to his guns all he wants, but if no WMDs are found (on which his credibility is staked) then he's gone. I'd almost say the same for Bush, but there's no telling which way rednecks will vote...

I'd almost say the same for Bush, but there's no telling which way rednecks will vote...

Nope, he won the war, so he probably gets re-elected...

eh... this one's gonna get closed when the mods see this turn into another Iraq debate.  Anyway, I'm no expert in British gov't, but I think the damage has been done.  Tony Blair can stick to his guns all he wants, but if no WMDs are found (on which his credibility is staked) then he's gone.  I'd almost say the same for Bush, but there's no telling which way rednecks will vote...

I bet that even if there aren't any WMDs in Iraq, they'll find some anyway...

If you know what i mean...

stay on topic plz.

here's something I wanted to say to Tony.

Tonoy, Tonoy, Tonoy,

I know that you're horny,

but there something about that Bush boy.

tounge_o.gif

stay on topic plz.

here's something I wanted to say to Tony.

Tonoy, Tonoy, Tonoy,

I know that you're horny,

but there something about that Bush boy.

tounge_o.gif

Um... i don't get it... crazy_o.gif

i;m mocking how he was percieved as Bush's lapdog in his foreign affairs agenda, especially in terms of Iraq.

that line was from George Michael's "shoot the dog"

i;m mocking how he was percieved as Bush's lapdog in his foreign affairs agenda, especially in terms of Iraq.

I thought it was something from Blackdog's latest sig link. crazy_o.gif

stay on topic please, great example your setting there ralph,

Tbh id rather have TB in goverment that the conservatives and the lib dems make promises they will never be able to keep as they know they will never get into goverment any time soon, hes sticking to his guns we won the war and tbh he does a alot of good for this country if he keeps us out of a common currency and actually sets a date fora referendum hes got my vote.

I thought it was something from Blackdog's latest sig link. crazy_o.gif

hehehehehehehehe wink_o.gif

I pretty much agree with MLF, I voted for him and so far I haven't regretted it, certainly rather not vote at all than vote for either of the others.

I was watching the Q&A session of the Parliament proceedings yesterday, and it's the first time I've ever seen Tony Blair come out on the raw end of an argument. That in and of itself tells me that things aren't going so well.

TBH i think people support him because when he gets into things such as the iraq war i really do believe he flt very stongly on the subject, i also really dothink he wanted to go down the UN route butgot cought up in the if we go, we go now attitude of the americans.

Him and his cronies outlawed and pistols for cheap votes and thats the start of the  gh3yness.

thumbsdown.jpg

Finish him !!

biggrin_o.gif