Sign in to follow this  
desantnik

Russian ww2 tank pack

Hello,

Bigfoot released on his site WW2 Russian tank pack so far it is pretty good but the inside view is the same BIS one for the t72

Bigfoots site

What was released

Russian Tank Pack 1: t34/76, t34/85, Kv1, Kv2, Isz-2, Iszu152, T70

Russian Tank Pack 2: T34 '43, BT-7m, ISZU-85, ISZU-100, ISZU-122

MG pack: 5 MG /Coax and Maxim/

Car pack: BA10 and troopcarrier BA10!

Russian Army Pack: 24 units with weapons!

bigfoottank1s.jpg

bigfoottank2s.jpg

bigfoottank3s.jpg

bigfoottank4s.jpg

bigfoottank5s.jpg

bigfoottank6s.jpg

bigfoottank7s.jpg

bigfoottank8s.jpg

This should hold you over but I would recommend you use Stoppelhopsers Russians which could be found here instead of these rock.gif

here

enjoy!

I liked the car,tank and weapon pack but the soldier pack looks not good 2 problems the star on the arm is too big and the helm of the soldiers looks too big it looks like a VC hood not good only 2 things what would be fixed by the soldiers than it would a wonderfull WW2 russian pack wink_o.gif

Here is a site for all headgear for russian soldiers headgear

The site still missed Budynovka-cap from Finnish Winter war with big red star in front.Would be great to have some Sovjet winter units from 1939-1940...

Anyone?

BTW, Here´s a picture: Russian outfit from Winter War

Well,i like the tanks ,the soldiers and weapons could be better,but then again, im no addon maker,so good job!

But what i really think its good its that all units are Res side,opposed to some WW2 russian units i've seen classed as East side  biggrin_o.gif

*Edit: These units create conflicts with other WW2 addons sad_o.gif I´m getting missing config messages...

*Deleted*...sorry but i wont use addons who give my OFP install any kind of problem

I dont really like his infantry pack either that is why I suggested to use Stoppels Russians - or hopefully soon Liberation 45's Russians. wink_o.gif

I haven't had any errors when using these Russians with the Invasion 1944 Demo and the AIA/WWIIVets German soldier pack. Overall I actually like the Russian soldiers except for their helmets being a bit too big as others mentioned. Also they use the RPG-22 model for their bazooka rather then an original model. However, while I think Stoppels Russian troops are better looking, the ones with the coats look ALOT like German troops past 25meters thus causing me to shoot alot of my own troops. In addition they don't have any AT soldiers which kinda sucks.

But back to these addons, concerning the tanks, overall I LOVE 'em!!!! They are very well matched to the WWIIEC and Invasion 1944 German tanks, they are well modeled, they have good sounds, good textures, and I like the turned out positions on them. The only problem I had was some missing turret sound file error that pops up when I load up OFP. But that's not a big deal other then seeing that annoying error for a few seconds on the main OFP menu screen.

The only armored vehicles I didn't like were the armored cars. They move like tanks which I think looks really bad. It also was not necessary since they're not halftracks and they don't have missiles or anything.

As for the machine guns, it looked like part of the Maxim model and the HMG model was taken from the M2 .50 cal machine gun. They also labeled the HMG a "Coxial" machine gun which is wrong because a "coaxial" machine gun is what you call the machine gun on a tank that is mounted to the side of the main cannon. Anyways aside from that they seem to work fine.

The only thing that is needed now is for some Russian trucks or halftracks to carry the Russian infantry into combat as well as some more Russian aircraft. Also I hope these Russian infantry get their helmets fixed as well... oh and that the weapons sights are customized like Stoppel's Russian weapons. The Mosin-Nagant sniper rifle for example is using the PSO-1 sights which is unrealistic. The scope sights on the Mosin Nagant sniper file in the SEB NAM2 pack is I believe what it actually looks like on the real thing.

But overall I'd say the tanks at least are very much worth downloading.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I like this pack...but can the turret sounds be put in?...its silent when it swivels...and maybe add some distinguishing features in textures to the other tanks...they all look too much alike (same for the anti-tank guns)...great start though.and i really like your MG's.