Sign in to follow this  
KTottE

Missing addons: groups

Right, has anyone but me encountered this?

What happens is I join a server to play on, but it tells me I'm missing this one addon. I check with the mission maker(s) and they check what addons they've put in the mission and I know I've got all of them. I check the mission.sqm and I know I have all the addons in the required addons list.

Anyway, I'm going crazy trying to figure this one out, as "groups" is not exactly a descriptive addon-name I'm having problems finding out which addon it is.

ZiRo tipped me off it might be a poorly made config.cpp which somehow bugs out when it tries to create groups for OFP, you know the ones you place in "F2 mode"?

Not sure if that's the problem, but everything could be a solution to me right now.

What I have installed now:

FDF-mod

BAS addons

INQ WeaponPack

INQ_MP5SD

P2A2 (Flaregun)

Baracken

DLM Landrovers

Kegetys Russian weaponpack (Had the problem before installing these)

KMM International Soldiers (Had the problems before installing these)

OFrP Air (Before my HDD-crash I had these and it worked)

OFrP Armes (Same here)

saru.pbo (island, forget it's name, had the problems before anyway)

snYpir's support pack (had the problems before installing this)

As it's hard for me to peek in on the other guy's comps I can't tell you what they have that might differ, but if you know anything, please just help me. This is an unexplainable error actually smile_o.gif

Oh, btw, one of the guys sent me a mission.sqm from one of the bugged out missions that the game wouldn't let me play, and I found that he had three entires for a SoldierGSaboteurPipe (side GUER) in the .sqm, but there was no corresponding unit on the map. So I removed those three entries and I was able to play the mission.

However, I don't know what addon this is. Any ideas, help or thoughts?

So I need UCE's units?

*grumbles and downloads*

So I need UCE's units?

*grumbles and downloads*

Wait! Wait!

The problem may well be that whoever made the MP mission you're playing had a UCE addon in the Addons folder and the mission editor slipped "groups" into the mission.sqm Addons declarations.

In other words, it might be the mission maker's problem.

I'll just download them, easier for everyone smile_o.gif

Plus I'm half-way done already.