Sign in to follow this  
ColdShine

"setcaptive true" after "setcaptive false"

I have searched across 4 search results pages, but nobody seems to have had a similar problem before.

Edit: removed all huge scripts as they have proved not to be part of the problem. Of course I can post them back here if needed, but they're somehow distracting now.

Please read post below for more info on the problem.

TIA, ColdShine

Please look at the 2 examples below. Suppose the "setCaptive false" as being triggered by enemy spotting player when he gets near enough (mere sight does NOT trigger it, then).

This code sequence leads to the expected result:

1. setCaptive true

2. player kills enemy unit

3. setCaptive false

4. setCaptive true

At this point, player is treated as captive. That's right! smile_o.gif

This is the sequence which leads to an unexpected behaviour (2 & 3 are swapped):

1. setCaptive true

3. setCaptive false

2. player kills enemy unit

4. setCaptive true

At this point, enemies will still treat player as enemy instead of captive. Why? crazy_o.gif

I've also tried setting the second group of enemies miles away from the first enemy unit (the one killed in step 2), so they cannot just be thinking "look, that's the bastard who killed James!" or similar ;), but this lead to the same results.

Please help sad_o.gif

TIA, ColdShine

Do you mind to test and see if you get the same behaviour? Please sad_o.gif

i just tried the second sequence and enemy will look at me, but not shoot at me.

Yeah the enemy seems to be a little slow figuring out you are captive again. But if you enter a vehicle after you are made captive again, they won't target it. rock.gif

EDIT: So I can confirm your problems.

yes, the same for me. i tested it and they killed me sad_o.gif

Thanks a heap guys for your tests.

The problem is actually the time needed by AI to figure out you're back captive, as bn880 noticed. I've done the same tests as before, and I found that if I halt a couple mins unnoticed and then pop back in view, enemies will not fire upon me.

So it's only a problem of AI units being little reactive, not (pheeew smile_o.gif) a bug in the game.

Luckily enough, this could be thought to as an expected behaviour in my mission wink_o.gif.