Sign in to follow this  
Jotun

Random restarts in mp

This is a fairly new problem to me, I've only encountered it during the past month or so. The problem is that sometimes when I play MP, my computer will just restart completely. This seems to only occur when I play missions involving tanks (and choppers ?). I play smaller infantry based maps most of the time, some involving apcs and jeeps, and the problem has never occured. But recently, especially on maps such as Andersen Gunship DM or any other map involving tanks, the problem has occured. Never used to happen before, and it seems like playing SP with tanks and choppers is not a problem.

I've made a clean reinstall twice, and I currently have none but the default addons installed. I have gotten no new hardware recently, or made any significant setting changes that I can think of. The problem might be related to 1.91 as I didn't install that version until somewhat recently.

A friend of mine had the same problem and it was caused by insufficent swapfile size. Check if there is enough space on the partition containing the swap file and if no upper limit is set.

If this doesn't work get a ram checking tool and/or set slower ram timings in the bios.

I do not believe it to be a memory problem at all considering that I can play huge and demanding maps well as long as they haven't got tanks in them (I've now excluded choppers from this problem). I've got plenty of RAM and well enough space for my swapfile.

Problem encountered once when obvious cheat was occuring, on Linux dedicated server. The cheater seemed to have disconnected just before strange behaviour happened (players auto-killed without any kill credit, in respawn area).

15 minutes later, server crashed, and all clients CTDs.

Probably not related, but, who knows...

Whis'

I had the same problem when i entered a hummer in CTI, crashed and restarted my PC everytime.

I cleaned up my addonfolder, and it never happend ever after.

You should make MOD folders for your customer addons so when you play MP there are only the normal Opf addons in the folder. Works for sure.

I had the same problem when i entered a hummer in CTI, crashed and restarted my PC everytime.

I cleaned up my addonfolder, and it never happend ever after.

You should make MOD folders for your customer addons so when you play MP there are only the normal Opf addons in the folder. Works for sure.

Don't have any addons installed at the moment...still happens

ARGHH this problem is driving me nuts. Just played a map involving tons of vehicles, including tanks. A bit into the game I lost my sound (which happens less frequently than the reboot problem but when it happens it is ALWAYS followed by a reboot sooner or later). So anticipating that my computer would restart at any moment, I decided to disconnect and leave the game. Thinking I was now save from the problem, I went back to the server listings in OFP. I then wanted to check MSN and ALT-TABBED which then triggered a random restart. I have never before had a restart occur b/c of ALT-TABBING and I ALT-TAB a lot.

Sooooo......any idea what could be causing this prob? Any help much appreciated.

Got computer restart problems when shot by a tank or chopper. The explosion is just too much it seems. I have a "new" comp and it has never happened before. Just after I reinstalled the comp things happens.

I'm having the same issue on my PC - no MOD's installed, just the latest patches and resistance addon.

Any suggestions? I figure it mus have something to do with the sound card given the sound drop out prior to reboot but I'm not sure.

Anyone have any insight?

I"m running XP, sblive and geforce on a p41.7 with 512mb of ram and lots of hd space....

I bet its an XP thing...OFP doesn't like XP that much in my experience.