Sign in to follow this  
skinmez

Messerschmitt bf-109

Is it getting near completion?

Well, the model is complete but some changes might happen and some details maybe added. The model have change some from the screen shot earlier in the post and i've added some gunpods now. But there is work left. I've just begun to do all LOD's and then there is config scripting, making some nice textures, testing and more... So i can't tell right now. But i will finnish it...

Thanks for the reply, I´m sure this will be a great and authentical addon when its finished.

Oh, and make sure to deactivate the tracers of the cannons,

because there can only be 1 tracer and this baby was multiple cannons on it.

And i can´t imagine what you will do with the textures, really they look great.

Well, the model is complete but some changes might happen and some details maybe added. The model have change some from the screen shot earlier in the post and i've added some gunpods now. But there is work left. I've just begun to do all LOD's and then there is config scripting, making some nice textures, testing and more... So i can't tell right now. But i will finnish it...

Feel like showing us some new pics? You got us addicted, now you have to feed us tounge_o.gif . And if you need some people to test I'm sure you can find some

<---------------------------- biggrin_o.gif

wow_o.gif

<------------------------------- tounge_o.gif

Feel like showing us some new pics?  You got us addicted, now you have to feed us  tounge_o.gif .  And if you need some people to test I'm sure you can find some

<---------------------------- biggrin_o.gif

Well, it's hard to see any differens but there are gunpods now. New wings cause i wanted to add some wheelwells. Did those bulging parts behind the machine guns. And some other stuff i can't rememer....

Picture

Thanks for the pics, once again very nice work. I'll let you get back to work now and will stop bugging you till you post a new update tounge_o.gif

Wauw!! its looking soo good! it looks even better then the ME in Battlefield!! wow_o.gif

Might I suggest you have a chat to Bratty (if you haven't already) & set up the flight model based around his Corsair model as that flies very well.

Obviously it shouldn't fly the same as a Corsair but it would be a shame to have it run rings around the corsair or vise versa.

Unfortunately one of the problems with so many mod makers is some things that have similar performance in real life end up slugs while others are superweapons.

It certainly looks the goods.

I can't wait to do my 1st cuban 8 in it smile_o.gif

Al

ps, Might I be so bold to suggest a FW190 a3 or a5 as your next one ?

Might I suggest you have a chat to Bratty (if you haven't already) & set up the flight model based around his Corsair model as that flies very well.

Obviously it shouldn't fly the same as a Corsair but it would be a shame to have it run rings around the corsair or vise versa.

Unfortunately one of the problems with so many mod makers is some things that have similar performance in real life end up slugs while others are superweapons.

Al

BraTTy and i are already on the same team ww2ec so i think that he will help me out in the best of ways. I'm working on a Spitfire MK IX at the same time with the Messerschmitt. So my goal is to release them at the same time with atleast 2 missions to cover both sides.

I think FW200 is doing a FW190 so i will wait and see about that.

Al

BraTTy and i are already on the same team ww2ec so i think that he will help me out in the best of ways. I'm working on a Spitfire MK IX at the same time with the Messerschmitt. So my goal is to release them at the same time with atleast 2 missions to cover both sides.

I think FW200 is doing a FW190 so i will wait and see about that.

Nope smile_o.gif The only WW2 plane I have in progress is the Fokker D.XXI

Finnish Fokker D.XXI

Dutch Fokker D.XXI's

Anyway.. back to topic smile_o.gif This is the 4th BF109 ive seen in progress:

Sixth BF-109G6

AIA BF-109

Skinmez' BF-109

And another one , but I'm not allowed to tell the name of that modmaker smile_o.gif

Let's wait and see which one will be the best.. the more the merrier right  wink_o.gif

Keep up the good work the plane looks really nice, cant wait to dog fight with the corsair!

Looks like you know what your doing with textures, but if you need a hand let me know. The major thing that I'd do is to lower the saturation of the yellow on the texture, it looks a bit too colourful, if it was more faded it would help look more real.

Other than that minor thing, its looking really cool. biggrin_o.gif

looking good skinmez, add me as well to you're msn if u want some help

trenchfeet@hotmail.com

You may also be interested  by a new gun technique we are trying on planes as well. Just need to try and make some tracer smoke.

pic of gun effect

Would that method involve l/r raketa  wink_o.gif ?

If yes.. we need to talk smile_o.gif

If no.. we STILL need to talk tounge_o.gif

trenchfeet@hotmail.com

You may also be interested  by a new gun technique we are trying on planes as well. Just need to try and make some tracer smoke.

pic of gun effect

Wow. That looks great... I will add you to my list as soon as i got my msn going (today...).

Keep up the good work the plane looks really nice, cant wait to dog fight with the corsair!

Looks like you know what your doing with textures, but if you need a hand let me know.  The major thing that I'd do is to lower the saturation of the yellow on the texture, it looks a bit too colourful, if it was more faded it would help look more real.  

Other than that minor thing, its looking really cool.   biggrin_o.gif

Yeah i know the textures look a little bit like a colorful icecream or something ;). But i'm doing new ones which will be a little more greyish and battle thorne. I have three different schemes i wanna do. Russia 1943, Sicily summer 1943 and Germany 1945.

trenchfeet@hotmail.com

pic of gun effect

Trench is that a pic of the multi gun script that I saw something about on the AIA forum?  If so thats looking real good.  Hope you can get it working perfectly, or at least as perfectly as OFP will allow.  Then stick it on Bratty's Corsair too  tounge_o.gif  

Too all WWII plane makers keep up the good work  smile_o.gif

::edit:: and just checking on that gunscript Trench cause my friend doesn't believe me, Does it use bullets or does it cheat like the Sturmikov and use rockets?

Yoshiro yes it is the pic of the script, i hope to give it to bratty but i need to ask Bulz Eye On my back he was the creator

no it doesn't cheat smile_o.gif ATM the mustang has 1880 bullets it fires 6 at a time and very very quickly if you don't fire in bursts the you will run out.

fw200 no it does not use l/r rocketa but uses cam create "stuff"

it does have 3 probs tho but not realy noticeable

1) it depends on how much cpu time is avaliablle (meaning if there are LOTs of units then the tracers don't appear as close to the plane as in the pic, you just c them a bit further away)

2)I would like to have some small smoke trails that follows the tracers

3)Occasionally if you get within about 5-10 meters of the enemy plane and are constantly firing, the bullets sometimes hit you're own plane ?

I can live with those problems. Read you where close to release on the AIA forum. Have an ETA for us?

And mabey back to the subject, we need a Messeschmitt to shoot down tounge_o.gif

I'm trying to do some muzzleflash textures for the bf-109 but it always come out wrong. I can't do transparant textures with my PS 7.0 (i have test it in OFP). I've got some info from a AIA member and it worked quite good but it didn't look good enough in game. So i'm turning to you guys. I need a muzzle flash texture that simulates a 20mm machine gun which mean it's got to be big. It has to be yellow (almost like a fire), well it really looks like a flame thrower burst and much bright white in the middle and the texture has to be faded at the edges (transparent yellow).... If anybody is willing to try it out...please help me and send the best you can come up with...Something like this:  Picture but much brighter in the middle. The texture should be 128*128 or 256*256.

And ofcourse i need textures for the 13 mm machine guns but i think i can use the same as the 20mm... and then there is the gunsight, windows and cockpit but i think i might ask subfaction to help me on this part. So subfaction, when you got the time and if you see this you know i need some help

ps: Hey BraTTy. I've tried to reach you through MSN but i'm not able to do that. Is this your mail: brat_vermont@hotmail.com ?. If so, i'm doing something wrong couse i get an error everytime i try to send you a message...

Hehe.. That was fast work...Thanks alot... But the picture was just an exemple of what i was looking for. But what about if i do a texture as i want it to look like and you help me get the background full transparent and the edges fading to transparent (hope thats possible). If you're willing i send you a picture in a very near future...

I got to go to bed now. My girlfriend is screaming and i'm a bit drunk (starting my vacation today) so i wont be doing any textures tonight...

ps: Hey BraTTy. I've tried to reach you through MSN but i'm not able to do that. Is this your mail: brat_vermont@hotmail.com ?. If so, i'm doing something wrong couse i get an error everytime i try to send you a message...

Thats my last know email for Bratty before he moved and it worked up to when he moved. I haven't seen him on it since the move though. He might have changed.

So whats happening?

I really hope i can fly this baby soon wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

So whats happening?

I really hope i can fly this baby soon  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Don't worry. I'm working on it... Have been gone fishing for a couple of days but i'm back and doing all i can.