Sign in to follow this  
fighter

C-130 by hawk (in two camo versions) !!!

Great Polish addonmaker HAWK released next version of his nice addon C-130 Hercules. This version isn't in "green" camo only, but Hawk released newly C-130 Hercules - in GREY camo !!! The version in "green" camo is improved too. There are with both planes many, many animations ! Both planes are in one file. I tested this addon under OFP ver. 1.91 only :-)

grey130_01_s.jpggrey130_02_s.jpggrey130_05_s.jpggrey130_04_s.jpggrey130_03_s.jpggrey130_06_s.jpggrey130_07_s.jpggrey130_08_s.jpg

For DOWNLOAD LINK go to ofp.info or D/L below :-)

Download - C130 Hercules

ofp.fighter@quick.cz

ofp.info

biggrin_o.gif

Lookin' good, as far as my tired eyes at 5am can make out!

wink_o.gif

Is it flyable? The other version that I have of his c-130 can't land by autopilot cause of the turning radius

my pc lag serious while i have the c-130 in sight.... anyone got this problem?

it didnt happen in last version rock.gif

Nice, but it's still impossible to drive any vehicle into it. sad_o.gif And no, I don't really get any lag w/ it in.

well i wont eb flying it anyway.. just gonna drop some 75th boyz in on some airfields and let it fly off and do its own thing.. good texture improvement. Great plane!

Yes I 2 get the lag prob .. but not on previous ver. Something we are doing wrong?

I had a really bad lag session, but I had played three or four missions before hand without a problem.

I havn't had any lag problems but I only played around with it for 10 mins. New grey version is very nice but theres a few bugs/problems-

1- AI still cant taxi (they can take off you sit em right on the start of runway, and even then they take off just after hitting end of runway and manage to damage themselves in the process).

2- AI still cant fly to waypoints.

3- I still can't steer it with mouse, I don't have a joystick or anything  sad_o.gif

4- When you eject as pilot you fall to ground while your chute opens up about 50m away from you.

I only tested the grey version on Everon and these were all problems with the older versions too. If these bugs get fixed this addon would be one of the best quality addons out.

i havent gotten the lag yet, though i agree the handling has still got alot of room for improvement... in my oppinion it handles worse than any of the other versions

I have the LAG problem. It happens when the plane is out of sight and then come into sight. Otherwise it's fine.

But I still beg the creator to improve the handling of this thing. I don't care how good it is to fly with a joystick (yes I have one). Most of the time I will have the AI fly the plane.

The lag problem is more than likely because hawk made the very bad descision of using jpeg textures this time, nothing will eat your memory faster...

The lag problem is more than likely because hawk made the very bad descision of using jpeg textures this time, nothing will eat your memory faster...

ahh damn! That explaines why I can't use many troops without getting serious LAG problems.

First I thought it's because of the heat today.

*deleting c130*

y the heck u deleting the C-130!

christ i wouldnt for me if the c-130 is out of distance i get 1 secound of lag and then all is fine

a little bit of advice

get a faster computer.. keep up with the rest of us

Why? because I won't support jpeg textures. Not even with a GeForce 10 graphic card. I won't support AddOns that exclude people without huge video memory like me (it has nothing to do with FAST computers - i have an overclocked 2600 XP with 512 MB DDR-Ram - never used 100% of the ram.)

It's not that you're only excluded if you have an old computer. No you need to have a high end maschine in every aspect. That's not ok for a game like this. Look at Marfy, he can make far better textures than those for the c 130 with pac/paa.

And because I just can't play with it.

In my eyes this is a very bad development of the OFP community.

get a faster computer.. keep up with the rest of us

some people have a life and can't allow themselves to spend the equivalent of 1 or 2 months pay , it's just a matter of priorities , I prefer eating as i'm hungry (yes I like to eat) , paying electricity (yes , i like to see clear in my house) , water (yes I wash) , not having to pay debts or credits (yes , i like to be at ease when it comes to money) , and also , i forgot , i also like going on hollyday

and I won't change all that because of a single badly planned addon

sad_o.gif i got no choice, so i have to delete it.........but, anyone got the link for downloading last version?

I agree. Using jpegs is a big no no. Even with a nice fast computer, addons with jpegs can still hog up tons of CPU and video resources and thus limit the number of units you can have on a map.

However the ONE BIG BIG BIG BIG BIIIIIIIIIIG thing I was hopeing for with this release was that Hawk would FIX THE FLIGHT HANDLING!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAARGG!!!!!

I agree with othe observations that it does seem as if this new version has even worse handling then the last version (as if Hawk just retextured the first version instead). Also I just made a mission with just two of the C130's and one soldier on the map. My frame rates get these wierd pauses every 3 seconds when I tried it with just those units on the Nogova map. I've NEVER had a addon do that before except for a long time ago perhaps with Scorpio's old Mig29 but even that wasn't nearly as bad in terms of killing framerates. My computer is a medium end computer (1.8ghz, 512megs RAM, 32meg TNT2 video card) In my opinion that problem alone makes this addon unusable and NO I would not even THINK about updating my computer just for one addon when NO other addon gives me this problem. Plus even if I wanted to update my computer I have no money for that. Some of us are not rich enough to just go and blow a few hundred dollars here and there on video cards and motherboards whenever they feel like it nor do I have a rich mommy and daddy to buy me stuff.

Anyways, it's really frustrating to have such a BEAUTIFUL addon and only see the updates make it even worse instead of better. (Sigh). I can only hope that Hawk will allow other addon makers to have a crack at it to see if they can improve it. Who was it that said they fixed the handling on it when this addon was first released? I hope he can get permision to release that fixed addon or perhaps give it to Hawk for him to use that with hopefully non-jpeg textures.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I don't have much problem with moving vehicles into it to load it up. In the last version I could get a T55 into it. Kinda had to fudge reality by driving the T55 underneath the Herc till the Load option came up.

Just need to fix that handeling

yehh i got the lag problem.. hen im flying it.. textures tranform into white and then back again.. same with inside.. when it flies off into the distance its ok.. but whenever or wherever its in sight.. lol i got the lag.. hope he fixes that for a 1.1 i like hte jumping script.. but when i made my mission before testing.. i made a big no no 2. lol

Well that explains alot ... to bad. Its a shame that these things are never taken into account. (JPEG not good in OFP, thought that was already explained)

I would have liked to use this addon. Knowing this it is very unlikely that this bird will see MP (unless fixed of course).

Please put this back in OFP format (PAA, PAC) and ditch the JPEGs! Their was reason BIS didnt use JPEGs.

Well that explains alot ... to bad. Its a shame that these things are never taken into account. (JPEG not good in OFP, thought that was already explained)

I would have liked to use this addon. Knowing this it is very unlikely that this bird will see MP (unless fixed of course).

Please put this back in OFP format (PAA, PAC) and ditch the JPEGs! Their was reason BIS didnt use JPEGs.

well said, theres no way i can ever place this down on my mission editor and have a playable game.

It looks fantastic!

hmm how about adding a DirtyBomb to it or a tactical nuclear bomb?

They are depoyed by the hercules as i know.