Sign in to follow this  
Rastavovich

Mi-28 n beta released

well the crashscript isnt perfect, but a crash has nothing to do with autorotation (at least not directly). Also crashresistant cells cant take any impact power and save the pilot. Even the 30/50 values are allready high. But i will definitly put more work into that scripts, since it is buggy anyway.

hmm, ok than.

but consider making a second script for speeds and altitudes higher than those values. An auto-rotation script.

And I do belive a few Mi-28's are in service, but not full scale.

Here is the full list as discussed previously in the A&M: DISCUSSION

posted by Johann "onn" Bitsoenn

Quote[/b] ]This is a complete list of built prototypes, no other Mi-28 has been buit...

project number - side number - common name - year built - year seen

additional informations

280 - 012 - Mi-28 - 1982 - 1989.Tushyno; 1991.Chodynka;

eksperimental, no weapon systems, only partiall avionics,

280 - 022 - Mi-28 - 1982 - 1992.Kubinka;

weapon testing prototype

286 - 032 - Mi-28A - 1988 - 1989.Paris;

serial production template. he has now tree-plate tailrotor, as it's X-tailrotor has been 'borrowed' to 294-014 prototype :]

286 - 042 - Mi-28A - 1991 - 1982.Mosaeroshow; 1993.Paris; 1993.Dubai;

same as above

286 - 052 - Mi-28A - 1995 (?)

286 - 062 - Mi-28A - 1995 (?)

286 - 072 - Mi-28A - 1995 (?)

three serial helicopters which production has been started on-own-risk by OKB Mil's Experimental Production Factory (Rostov), no information about progress, were planned to be finished in 1995...

294 - 014 - Mi-28N - 1995 - 1995.Zukovski;

In 1995 Sweden organised a contest for 20 helicopters for it's army, and tested AH-64 and Mi-28A, but later Sweden resigned from buying it due to lack of funds. Mi-28 was offered for 10mln$, which is approx. 1/3 of american proposition :]

While 032, 042 and 014 are operational (probably), 012 and 022 are now probably unoperational and are either reworked by Mil into next prototipes or has been moved to some place like another russian Monino wreckage :P

This is info about REAL Mi28 that were actually made.

The cargo place is quite real and was specially designed to rescue downed pilots.

i just tried AI DKM_MI28 vs AI DKM_RAH66 in close range head to head fight! There is no winner most time because they always shot each side down at the same time biggrin_o.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

QuteA, where you choppers moving at the time? I did the dog fight with AI and the flipping RAH66 shot the Mi28 to pieces!

*/me cries* sad_o.gif

what do we need to put in the init for things like closing doors? as i noticed that the AI dont close them on their own... maybe in future releases you could put those in the readme? (saves people making a million and one posts asking how)

edit: nevermind, i found it:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

chopper animate ["door_g", 0] //gunner

chopper animate ["door_p", 0] //pilot

chopper animate ["door_c", 0] //cargo

(where chopper is the name of the Mi28)

1 is open, 0 closed

the AI have no script for things like that yet.. so for the time beeing, simply order them to close doors, or make them start inside the choppers

correction... the script is there, but isnt working properly at this time.

well thats actually your script and that was the code i was looking for wink_o.gif

(for the record they were not part of my group so i couldnt just tell them to close doors)

well thats actually your script and that was the code i was looking for  wink_o.gif

(for the record they were not part of my group so i couldnt just tell them to close doors)

aim a gun to there head.. perhaps that will persuade them wink_o.gif

Wow! that looks SO nice! Have to wait to arrive home for try it. Just burned it in a CDRW here at work (damn working in sunday)but well at least I get it here. And for all of you :

try these great videos of the real Mi-28, download them

HERE

Check the 23 MB one is so nice! Have fun and sure after look those you will want to play even more with this great DKM creation...

Beautiful job on the chopper. Does this chopper have a radar jammer in real life? It would be a good addition to the addon I think to balance the comanchee. Any plans on adding your jammer to it? Also I almost popped a woody during that start up sequence, any plans on updating the comanchee with the startup sequence? Maybe redo the HUD with those new gauges you made? Looking forward to the final mi28 . And Jag, hurry up with that campaign allready tounge_o.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

no can do. learning texture making instead...but the campaign is being made some time.... no plans on what i am doing are final yet.

I seem to have a problem, Im being told that there is a jammer on this addon. I must have something conflicting with it somewhere, grrr...

@ July 06 2003,13:03)]Another bug maybe some can check if they have it too: i played a mission on a non-dedicated server hosted by someone else and the pilot hud showed as when the engines are off [except for the weapon "icons" if i remember] but the host had complete hud indicators.

I also forgot to mention that when not hosting or playing SP i was missing the ECM and stuffs in the action menu !!!

The ECM isn't missing, it is just turned to "auto", so it will kick in as soon as a missile is fired on you. If you want to use the Jammer select "Switch ECM/CM Mode" once, then the jammer action appears in menu.

Quote[/b] ]Will the MI-28 cause "missing addon: DKM_Mod" errors with non-related missions, as the Comanche still does?
by Avonlady.

to my surprise the comanche 1.12 gave me still the error when running an mp game...

solution: open editor, press preview and export to MP game again.

At least, that removed the problem here.

but best would be to open mission.sqm and add the dkm_mod manully to addons[] and addonsauto[]

How the hell do you get the AI to fly as your wingman???...they get in and say "fuel low" and won't lift off???

Hmm i don´t have a downwash effect why is that?

I have the newest Commanche.

how can i activate it manual?

Hmm i don´t have a downwash effect why is that?

I have the newest Commanche.

how can i activate it manual?

LOL I was about to post same thing. I have latest dkm and dust works, that addon that makes all bis choppers to have dust and it works, the only one is the mi28 sad_o.gif

I tried typing DKMM_choppers_nodust = false in the init line but not even that worked. I get more than 5000 benchmark for ofp so its not my system sad_o.gif

The missing downwasheffect is caused by the Comanche, as long as you have both in one mission it will turn of the downwash of Mi-28. Thanx for reporting,  it will be sorted out in final version.

No thats not true.

It never apears. I made some missions with the mi28 without the commache and it did´t apear sad_o.gif

Your PC may be too slow, as DKM's script has a benchmark system, that if your pc is too slow, the rotor wash is turned off period.

What spec is your pc?

it is true it works when only mi28 is on map