Sign in to follow this  
Rastavovich

Mi-28 n beta released

I think this cargo space should be removed :-\

It seems to be causing problems and it's unrealistic

I have alomost no bugs with this addon, neither the white boxes nor the many open/close door commands or some of the other bug that were mentioned.

The only bug I have is that when you start with open doors, and close them the warning still appears, you first have to land the chopper again to get it away.

The engine also starts a second time after the first engine start sound fades out.

i have no problem with it.. infact i am making a mission where that cargo space is needed

basicly the MI-28 attacks an airfield but drops u off near it. and u infiltrate and steal and aircraft from the basethe eliment of surprise sort of thing

my 49 cents biggrin_o.gif

The only un-mentioned bug i found is that there is a white, untextured bar in the left (possible the right as well) door frame, the part which becomes hidden as you close the door.

Also the switch MFD doesnt appear to do anything, has this feature not been implimentad yet.

One more, the missiles, are they supposed to be both AA and AG as i took out a BAS chinook with one and an apache, pretty leathel, much better than the ones on the comanche smile_o.gif

As for magezines, i would like to see some "adult" reading for those in the cargo spaces, it would make the trip more interesting.

an idea i have had which would be cool, i dont know if it would be realistic though would be to have things other than people in the cargo, for example you could make it so that the missiles could be reloaded from extras stored in the cargo, similer to the MI-2.

Yu could also have weapons and equipment stored in them, that would be pretty cool, if you crashed landed you could go to the back and bring out a rocket launcher wink_o.gifwink_o.gif

How do i turn off dust, i tried "DKMM_MI28_no_dust = true"

but it didnt work sad_o.gif

my 49 cents  biggrin_o.gif

The only un-mentioned bug i found is that there is a white, untextured bar in the left (possible the right as well) door frame, the part which becomes hidden as you close the door.

Also the switch MFD doesnt appear to do anything, has this feature not been implimentad yet.

One more, the missiles, are they supposed to be both AA and AG as i took out a BAS chinook with one and an apache, pretty leathel, much better than the ones on the comanche smile_o.gif

As for magezines, i would like to see some "adult" reading for those in the cargo spaces, it would make the trip more interesting.

an idea i have had which would be cool, i dont know if it would be realistic though would be to have things other than people in the cargo, for example you could make it so that the missiles could be reloaded from extras stored in the cargo, similer to the MI-2.

Yu could also have weapons and equipment stored in them, that would be pretty cool, if you crashed landed you could go to the back and bring out a rocket launcher  wink_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Swith MFD switches the from map to something else on a display in the cockpit. But I think the map only works on official islands. SO on inofficial islands it might not work.

It is mentioned in the readme that the gunner cockpit isn't fully textured yet if you meant that.

@Shashman

For the cargo space. Why remove it? The bug people get has nothing to to with the OFP engine. It's just because of the close door animation. I am sure they will solve this problem altough it didn't occur yet on my maschine.

HAhaha yeah hes right, add somekind of easteregg in there.

Sweet chopper guys, my favourite hamster biggrin_o.gif

bug:- no Downwash sad_o.gif

I made a duel with the commanche, both have radarjamm so its hard to get a lock, i could only kill him when he was in viewdistance. (thats realistic)

But the ai (mi28) get blasted away by an Commanche AI every time, so i don´t know if its very balanced.

It needs some RI to kill a commanche with the mi28.

I believe this compartment is actually a feature of the havoc..or is it the KA-52 that has it?

Guest DKM-jaguar

It's supposed to be there. If we didnt have it; then people would say we were unrealistic. A lot of the things you mention are known and are being fixed. BTW: one of you hit on some thing which is put into the latest version, but i wont tell you what (and dont try to guess, it's just for fun so dont ruin it smile_o.gif )

I have just a request for the final version, maybe it was already in your projects.

nothing very important, but I'm tired to hear the ground proximity alarm ("bipbipbipbipbipbip") when you fly less than 10m. smile_o.gif

It would be fine if we could turn this off. I like to fly very low with choppers and ambush behind trees or hill.... so if the alarm goes on every 30 sec, I will become mad  tounge_o.gif

just a line in the action menu, or at least a line to insert in the init field would be cool.

you could maybe do like for the radar jammer : if we turn the "switch ECM/CM mode" command on semi-auto, then we could disable the alarm. just an idea.

I flew a bit with it this afternoon, and I can say this is the most pleasant (don't know if this is the good word) chopper to fly in Ofp. It is very stable, at low and high speed.

I think the final version will be better than the commanche (who's already very good!)

thanks

@Shashman

For the cargo space. Why remove it? The bug people get has nothing to to with the OFP engine. It's just because of the close door animation. I am sure they will solve this problem altough it didn't occur yet on my maschine.

Well until I am proven wrong I still don't think the MI-28 has a cargo compartment...

Quote[/b] ]The fuselage of the Mi-28 has a bay fitted with a hatch door. The bay can accommodate three people for the rescue of downed friendly air crew.

copied fromthis site

it's not a proof but there are sevral pages that mention it.

Guest DKM-jaguar

i have a book here also which confirms it. Now I dont think that so many people could be wrong.

For those of you that want a demo mission showing off the MI-28, I've converted OFP's SP mission, Rat's Nest, so you fly the MI-28 instead of the V-80.

Details on this thread. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Now I dont think that so many people could be wrong.
they're not!

I'm one of the people requesting it, because it's there!

One of you guy's posted about the crash-script (that you had one running) Will you add it in the next release?? (please)

Since the cargo area can only be used if the crew of the chopper next to you actually surfives impact! crazy_o.gif

Also add a (ot three) crashed version(s) that replaces the destroyed model after crashed (like in the Mi-2 pack) HOWEVER; DON'T MAKE IT BURNED OUT. Just a hard-landed/crashed version. Combat choppers don't usually burn out (they have self-sealing fuel tanks ect.). They are designed to surfive impact.

The pilots must still be in the crashed model, though (by removing them from the destroyed mi28 [which disappears] and placing them in the crased model). This way after you crash you'll find yourself in the crashed model and you can climb out. Perhaps you can use a blackout for the pilots(on moment of impact), to hide the fact that they switch chopper (destroyed to crashed). I'm sure a real crash will cause some form of short blackout.

OK I stand corrected but it's really only intended for emergency use

Quote[/b] ]A rear fuselage compartment can accommodate two or three people - intended for emergency recovery of personnel only.

Taken from

here

OK I stand corrected but it's really only intended for emergency use
Quote[/b] ]A rear fuselage compartment can accommodate two or three people - intended for emergency recovery of personnel only.

Taken from

here

yeah I'm sure. I mean who would want to go in this little box there out of free will.

yes shashman,

like in my previous post;

combined with a crah-script that allows the crew to surfive impact, it's great. (when the two choppers are a group, the other chopper will pick up the two pilots)

But there are allways a few jurks out there that use it for transporting soldiers sad_o.gif (in ofp)

The crash script should allready be in, but it doesn't run when you are flying to fast (< 50) or to high (<30). Crash resistant cells wont take anything. The script kicks in as soon as engines turn off midair.

Deactivating downwash uses same variable as Comanche, write: DKMM_choppers_nodust = true in initline

Guest DKM-jaguar

The source i had said it is ONLY for exfiltration of downed aircrews from havocs in the same flight.

Personally I really like the cargo compartments. Perfect for picking up a downed air crew or a couple of covert ops or intelligence agents. As a mission maker, to me it only adds to the number of cool mission scenarios I could make with it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The crash script should allready be in, but it doesn't run when you are flying to fast (< 50) or to high (<30). Crash resistant cells wont take anything. The script kicks in as soon as engines turn off midair.

Deactivating downwash uses same variable as Comanche, write: DKMM_choppers_nodust = true in initline

Thank you

Whats wrong with the cargo compartment, i dont see anything wrong with it, if you dont like it dont use it.

its there in real life, and its gonna stay in-game.

huh? not too fast? and not too high? are you from mars?

In RL a chopper must have a minimum speed and minimum altitude to make auto-rotation work and save the helicopter. the script shouldn't work when you're flying too slow (below 50) and too low (below 30).

I know it sounds strange, but a chopper has more change to surfive a crash when flying at 250m than at 30m.

also, you shouldn't make the script work only when the engines turn off. You should make it work when the chopper has taken 98% damage (for example). Now the chopper will still crash in the BIS style almost every time.