Sign in to follow this  
Rastavovich

Mi-28 n beta released

We proudly present our Mi-28 N.

pic3.jpg

It is still beta, but we need some feedback and especially bugreports.

The chopper features should all work in SP, in MP they might not work. Please report all issues you have in this topic or on our forums.

Known stuff:

-Damage doesnt save in MP.

-Sometimes engines shut down when chopper is empty, but engines should run (in MP).

-Gunner cockpit isn't completed

-shutting down engine when over 10 meters high will result in 0.99 damage

-cargo bay needs some magazines (to read)

Features:

there are some, but find out for yourself:)

Btw: before someone asks: "click my sig"!!

Mirror: www.ofp.at

Great, can't wait to use it! smile_o.gif

great start up u have there

very relistic!

and it has no fule in because if it did the rotos will spin

and that not allowed biggrin_o.gif

yep i confirm, on engine start all the fuel goes rock.gif

looks good though smile_o.gif

ahh nevermind...i know why, nice touch ;)

(fyi keep trying to start the engine... )

do we really have to explain this?

ofp starts rotor immediately on every chopper, which is very unrealistic for large choppers who need their turbines to be brought up to revs before they can haul that big ass rotor around. they only way to stop rotor from spinning straight away is to take the fuel out temporarily.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>MP Game @ 62.202.7.180:2302</span>

it gets refueled after a while of initalization

just be patient  wink_o.gif

Edit: DKM beat me to it har...

Very nice job DKM. I like the effect you've added to the cannon and the suspension system when at 0 altitude. Nice HUD also smile_o.gif.

Very nice for a beta!!

See ya, thanks for this nice add-on!

Going to test it out now, gonna have it fight the Commanche

Very nice job lads, big pat on the back for this one.

Did I see on one of the pics that you got the turret on the chin to rotate with the Gun?? Havent d/l'ed it yet (gad damn 56k's) so cant test on my own machine, but I vaguley remember a pic like it.

OMG!

You ppl are fantastic!

One thing I noticed on first testing:

Placed 2 Pilots and an empty MI28 in the editor.

Flying around, testing weapons, flightfeeling and so on. <- (GREAT!!!) smile_o.gif

Then landed and look at those amazing texture work.

Found the cargo place, get in an that happend:

Havocbug.jpg

A little bit too many "close door".

Scrolled down.............. "get out".

Then I was somewhere in the sea and died. ?! crazy_o.gif

A playmate of mine has following strange thing happend:

havoc.jpg

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Maybe have your friend turn up Geometry Performance in the Flashpoint Preferences Program.  It's avalable when you click Advanced in that program. Or maybe have him turn up the detail level (not the terrain one) in the regular in-game OFP preferences.

two more problems:

There is no proxy for the cargo space in third person view and your dust script is extremly slowing down my computer unlike the rah66 script. But I don't see any difference.

that pic of your friend is the lowest res lod there is... this can only mean one thing: the pc or vidcard cant hack it, since its switching back to what should be the view you have of the chopper at 1000+meters

Ok, problem solved.

We had a little "ofp tuning session" yesterday and he changed not LOD(from 7.500000 to 1.000000), but object LOD.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

just open it up with winrar.

Congrats to DKM on a great chopper.

a little buggy but im sure u big boys can handle it urselves.

OK, just tried it and its a great addon, certainly a must-have one. Some of my questions/opinion:

First, it seems like the AI can eject from the aircraft when its severly damage, but when its you can't, no fair! mad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Second, the increase/decrease altitude and land actions from the action menu, don't work.

Third, when you press Q(which starts the engines on other choppers), it goes through the engine starting procedure twice(I know there's 2 engines, but it starts both engines each twice)before the rotors start to spin. It also does this when the AI controls the chopper.

Fourth, in later versions, it could be neat if there were damage textures(with like bullet holes and stuff) for when the chopper's damaged.

Fifth, also, it'd be really, really cool, if there was a destroyed model that it replaces the scrunched up one with, when the chopper has been destroyed(like in the new Mi-2s that were released).

And last, I see little white boxes floating around the map when this chopper is there. I can't see them if I look directly at them, but when I look a little bit away I can.

Overall, this one of the best addons out there, so if you haven't downloaded it yet, get it soon.

What a wonderful weekend this is turning out to be, not just for us but also the Russians. biggrin_o.gif

As expected from DKM, this is a superb addon. A few bugs because it's a beta but I think it's a great way to iron them out by releasing it whilst at the same time satisfying the community by giving them a new toy earlier than if you had tried to fix everything yourselves before release.

A few things:

-as edc said, the engines appear to start up twice each. This makes the overall startup procedure rather lengthy

-you can't see the passenger in his little cubby hole from external view (wouldn't wanna ride in there for any length of time btw crazy_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif)

-the dust really slows things down. Perhaps you could tone it down a little or maybe use one of the alternate dust scrips floating around which are a little less intensive on the old CPU

-the textures are nicely detailed up close but perhaps a little 'plain' from distance. The MI-28 being made by Red Hammer Studios looks nicer in this respect, although I think they will have their work cut out to match your excellent and comprehensive array of scripting smile_o.gif

Anyway, thanks again DKM for releasing the addon in beta state and allowing us to help you find the remaining bugs. Hopefully it will be worthwhile and speed up the completion of this badass chopper.

Overall, this one of the best addons out there, so if you haven't downloaded it yet, get it soon.

Exactly!

Havoc1.jpg

MfG Lee biggrin_o.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

Hey people, nice to see you have as much fun with it as we do smile_o.gif

One thing: I dont know why you cannot see the person sitting in the cargo bay while in another view  rock.gif  in my special version you can.. If someone else could give another test on this, preferably with diferent ofp settings so we can tell if it is a general bug or one for low end computers.

alright, to the gun aiming to high, blame BIS! lol, no... i think it's an ofp thing but i am not sure. Just keep low or move fast and the gun seems a little slow to compensate for the movment, so aims slower and lower and usually hits the target right.

BTW: dont forget to comment on if it is too hard to beat, too easy to beat... basic battle field survival. BUT dont put it against an M113 and expect the APC to survive.  smile_o.gif you could really help us in this way.

In an average mission i am getting scores like this:

9x M1a1

4x m60

hmmwv

2x m2a2

2x m113

repair truck

ammo truck

2x pilot

22x crew

27x soldier

This is the kill score for a mission i had, using one load of weapons no reloads.

now i know that's a bit of a kill frenzy, but that's becuase i spend 90% of my time on ofp flying helicopters of various types.. (not saying i'm good or anything...  tounge_o.gif )

Keep Playing!!