Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

You want cas? you got cas

A sandy in OFP!?! biggrin_o.gif almost brought me to tears of joy..can't wait for the new version I'm sure the NVA and VC from nampack 2 can though biggrin_o.gif

WOW!!! FINALLY A SANDY!!!! I've been waiting for a good A1 Skyraider for SOOO long!!! Thank you! thank you! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! I just tried it against VC forces and it performed beautifully. It doesn't use the cluster bombs too often, but when it did, the AI bombed very accurately. However they're a little off on cannon and rocket attacks, but still not too far off. Oh the coolest thing was when I was assaulting with some AirCav troops, my squad ran into a bunch of NVA troops and we got into a fierce firefight. I guess all the shooting attracted the attention of one of the Sandy pilots and he came in and put some cannon fire on the NVA soldiers killing two of them. That's sooooo cool to see airplanes do close air support like that!

Oh by the way... about the F105... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't put it on the back burner. Yes there is another F105 out there, but the AI fly it like crap. In other words the AI pilots almost always fly that other F105 addon into the ground when they attack. So it's next to useless accept for missions where you are the only pilot or for MP games. Your F105 however does not fly into the ground when the AI pilots fly it. So PLEASE continue work on it because it's badly needed in OFP NAM missions.

Anyways, I hope you don't forget about it as it's looks almost finished.

But... with that said, I'd rather see the Vulcan finished first. smile_o.gif Those screenshots of the Vulcan cockpit looks awesome!! I can't wait to fly the finished version of that beautiful plane! Just please make sure that the AI can take off with it ok. Hopefully they won't slam into the ground when bombing also.

I'm currently working on a map editor script for high-altitude bombing, but I just need to figure out how to "camcreate" the bombs just a little below and behind the plane so it doesn't blow up the plane if the plane is turning or flying downward.

I'm currently using that old B52 addon but hopefully once I get it perfected it'll work with any aircraft including your Vulcan. Your Vulcan is going to be very nice for Falklands missions. I just wish someone would release a good Falklands island aside from the little tiny one that the Argentinian mod team released.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I made a small reskin of the Skyraider smile_o.gif

I hope Footmunch doesnt mind me posting this:

newsky.jpg

newsky2.jpg

Maybe it was mentioned before, but I just flew around with the Sturmovik and was reallly surprised by the machinegun effect !! I´d like to see more aircraft addons adapting this!

looking great Footmunch.

i'll try these asap

whats you're email btw and do you use msn?

Guest jacobaby

I took some detailed inside and outside pictures of an Avro Vulcan that is at a museum where I live. Full cockpit, Nav area, instruments etc.

I did this with the aim of helping Col. Klink to produce another quality plane for the Falklands mod. I am uncertain of the status of that project now, and as such the pictures may be going spare.

I am busy scripting the BAS MH60 right now, but if you are interested, let me know, and i'll try and hook up with Klink.

TJ

newsky4.jpg

I won't release anything without his permission btw smile_o.gif

And im sure he is also working on these camo versions..

About the skyraider:

Pretty good for a beta, but there are a few things that might need some improvement.  

First, could you maybe speed up the firing of the rockets, as it's pretty s l o w as it is.

Secondly, no A-1 could be complete w/o a version with some good ole' napalm.  I'd really like special fx for the napalm included.

Finally, I don't really care for the sounds of the cannon(default sounds get old real quick).  I don't know if it's realistic or not though.

Overall, it's a good addon, especially for a beta, and is a must-have for any nam lovers.

smile_o.gif

I have a small request for FootMunch.... Let FW200 release his re-skinnned versoins please. That's the best looking texturing i've seen on aircraft in OFP. And the way he's skinned it is perfect for NAM missions. And DAMN!!! It's how the actual thing looks too!

I took some detailed inside and outside pictures of an Avro Vulcan that is at a museum where I live. Full cockpit, Nav area, instruments etc.

Which museum is that?

Great Beta's but imho most of the textures arent up to par

comparred to those of some great addons already out there.

(like G8-mod Tornado, OV-10Bronco, H&P F18 more or less).

I dont want to offend anyone by this statement, I think it

realy great that all these beautifull airplanes are being released, I'd just like to see them a little more improved:)

This seems to be a ongoing problem, obviously some people

will always be better at texturing then some others.

This I'd like to adress, why not work together more closely?

There are tons of good models out (like Vits etc.) but they

do not even come close to having descent textures.

Since this is more or less essential if you want to keep up with

any reasonable standards I wonder if it would be possible to

form-up some sort of "alliance" with cross-links to several model/addon builders and some good texture makers.

This starts to sound like a mod-idea but this is not what I mean...just a allout ok to retexture what's out there by releasing your addon with a "yeah, if you want to retexture this and release it, fine by my cause that serves the ofp-community right?"...

FW200 retextured FM-Sandy is a good example...its there but apparently needs approval to be released from FM...

that would be all I want.

One more suggestion: Many models dont make it onto servers

cause of poor flying abilties, their code either s***s or theve

been made too realistisc.

Why not make 2 versions in one addon?

Built one as you'd like to see it fly irl and one for gaming.

A beautifull addon with poor flying qualities wont make it

into the community for long cause it will be blown out of the sky's while its doing its Island-wide turn or worse, it will never be able to engage anything more then some static structures.

Personally I wouldnt mind some tuned-up or down flying qualities if that would greatly enhance the joy of flying in a multiplayer game, good examples are the BIS su25 and the models mentioned above...they dont go all-out on realisme but

you keep flying them just because its fun and feels good.

Plz dont burn my ass on this post, I respect anyone with a different vision on this, I'd just like to share mine.

Keep up the good work!

I made a small reskin of the Skyraider smile_o.gif

I hope Footmunch doesnt mind me posting this:

Now this is... wow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Excellent !

Are you willing to release it some day ?

Very nice work on the textures, but did you change something else, like animations, different features, scripts ?

FW200 retextured FM-Sandy is a good example...its there but apparently needs approval to be released from FM...

that would be all I want.

I dont need approval.. I could release it right now.. but I don't want to do something against the will of the author.. smile_o.gif It's important for me.. And it shows that I respect him..

So I will wait until he contacts me smile_o.gif

BTW I only changed the textures.. I suck at scripting so I won't even attempt it wink_o.gif

I dont need approval.. I could release it right now.. but I don't want to do something against the will of the author.. smile_o.gif It's important for me.. And it shows that I respect him..

So I will wait until he contacts me smile_o.gif

BTW I only changed the textures.. I suck at scripting so I won't even attempt it  wink_o.gif

This is fair of you to wait for FM approval.

Even if you have only changed the textures, it shows a good experience in this domain, which allows you to suck at scripting tounge_o.gif

About the skyraider:

Pretty good for a beta, but there are a few things that might need some improvement.  

First, could you maybe speed up the firing of the rockets, as it's pretty  s      l      o      w  as it is.

Yeah... I noticed this on some of the other addons too. The bombs and rockets took way too long to reload. I was doing some bombing runs with these aircraft, and could only drop 1 or 2 bombs during each pass. Found this very frustrating. Hope this bug is fixed in the next release.

Apart from the bug, these addons are very well made. Looking forward to future releases.

newsky5.jpg

This one will replace the one you've seen before since its more 'nam like wink_o.gif .. now I will stop taking over Footmunch' thread  smile_o.gif

Sorry Footmunch sad_o.gif

Yes indeed you should...and plz FW200 release both versions..

Yea you improve Footmuches planes very much!

In honour of footmunch's tremendous planes, I have taken the liberty of composing a song. ahem. (to the tune of "I Love You Baby"

I love you footmunch, you-hoo make great planes, i love you footmunch...er...i seem to have run out of words, but your planes are great, trust in me when i say

I'll stop now before I make a fool of myself. But seriously, I really love your planes, they're tremen-jus! And your work rate is... well, it's just phenomenal. The addons of yours i downloaded before my net pc went bust(this is an old, slow machine i'm only using while fixing that) were as polished as any others I've seen, yet you were pouring those bad boys out at a rate of knots (sorry for the cliches and stuff but it's been quite a long day and I haven't had a recent sugar or caffeine or Space Tripper (man that game is gaming crack, even more than OFP, and that's saying something) fix in a while). I love your planes, Footmunch, you're a tremndous addon maker.

I say we should have an "I Love Footmunch" club. €7.95 gets you a badge, four club magazines and a special free gift :-) God I'm hyper. But once again I will say this, in case you might have missed it before:

FOOTMUNCH MAKES GREAT PLANES

I love the skyraider. Here is my humble tribute to it:

http://www.geocities.com/ksmwebm/skyraider.jpg

Without the SEEK AND DESTROY box it would be a really nice pic. Anyways... good work on the skyraider.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that you need to add a space in the end of the adress to get the pic to work.

Also, i would really like to see some scripted functions in this addon, such as smoke puffs like in DKMs Comanche when you fire the rockets and cannon. It would also be cool to incorporate a crashed/wrecked model if possible. It can be done with helos and tanks i think, so it would be nice instead of the messed up regular model when the ac is destroyed.

As you might have noticed from my pic i also started on a camo version before i noticed fw200 had already made one. Crapsors. Anyway, here is another pic of my reskin.

http://www.geocities.com/ksmwebm/skyraider2.jpg

FW200s is probably better tho, him being in a mod team and everything. Mine is more beaten up tho the way i feel a rugged aircraft should be...

Also thumbs up again for footmunch but this time for the fact that he has very clearly laid out mappings of the mesh. Most user made addons are very hard/impossible to reskin, but it was fast and easy with this one.