Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

Most explosions on the battlefield don’t involve a lot flame. Hand grenades, tank rounds, and cannon rounds don’t burn when they hit a building, the ground, people, or even other vehicles. When the vehicle’s fuel and ammo go off, then there is a lot of flame.

Basically, in a future version could you limit the flame to having all tanks/vehicles burn if there is fuel or ammo in them? The actual explosions would be better to be just dirt and dust colored.

This isn’t directly related to the explosion mod but perhaps you could make the launch of an RPG be tied to the creation of a cloud of smoke.

Most explosions on the battlefield don’t involve a lot flame. Hand grenades, tank rounds, and cannon rounds don’t burn when they hit a building, the ground, people, or even other vehicles. When the vehicle’s fuel and ammo go off, then there is a lot of flame.

Basically, in a future version could you limit the flame to having all tanks/vehicles burn if there is fuel or ammo in them? The actual explosions would be better to be just dirt and dust colored.

This isn’t directly related to the explosion mod but perhaps you could make the launch of an RPG be tied to the creation of a cloud of smoke.

Because of only one "class Explosion" handles all explosion effects in config.bin

not easy to find the balance that every type of ammo be exploded nicely. (For example

if I want to make a bigger flame for grenades, it will raise the flame size of rest of them)

As I know only one way have to change flame of one type of ammo, to change it's hitpoints. Bigger

point effects bigger flames. But beyond at certain point it will destroy the realism of game.

Besides we could shape the explosion effects further if trying to change values in "class Explosion".

Today I made some alternative explosion modifying values. If somebody feel willingness to do this,

here is the key values that worth to change (in the editable config.cpp find "class Explosion" part):

- cloudletAlpha: density of explosion (or flames)

- cloudletFadeOut: time while explosion fading out

- cloudletMinYSpeed and cloudletMaxYSpeed: Upspeed range of explosion

- size: size of one flame

- sourceSize: spread of explosion

(I fixed the to much flame coming out of trucks)

It´s cool an all, but i freaken still get the error message i posted on the screen at the first page.

Think i have to live with that sad_o.gif

I have to agree with PFC_Mike. I think this should be called "movie explosions" and not "realistic explosions". I think the defaults are more realistic.

Quote[/b] ]Fingers crossed that the Super Config team can get all of these things into their config.bin, as well as a number of variants which cater for all possible combinations ;)

We have a good number in things in there however we are still discussing how many variants we will release.

Quote[/b] ]Would it even be possible to have a kind of menu selection script built into the super config that would allow you to selectively enable/disable various features from within the one mega config file, such as dynamicrange, blood, inquisitorsHDweapons, and the newExplosions?

I don't believe that is possible.

Realistic explosion MOD v1.1 - small update

------------------------------------------

bugfix:

fuelstation now explodes

improvement:

I made 2 new looking explosion (but do not expect huge difference!),

and give more color so grenade bumm is better now.

Installation:

1) just replace config.bin in GMR_exploMOD folder.

link to: GMR_smallupdate.zip

http://au.briefcase.yahoo.com/

id: a_goldmember

password: faszkalap

Please someone grant a proper d/l link!

Maybe it would be better to remove color from the grenade explosions. But for obvious reasons a gas station is going to go up in flames, lots of them. smile_o.gif

OK! I do it for you a non - hollywood version.

I am having this error when a vehicle explodes:

"Cannot Load Missions: Missing addon burningfire"

look here:

snap0007.jpg

Anyway, I click OK and mission goes on, but this very annoying, because everytime the first vehicle is destroyed, this error comes up mad_o.gif

Where can I found this addon burningfire ??

Thanks.. smile_o.gif

Realistic explosion MOD v1.1 - small update2

improvement:

More smoke (bigger in size and duration) less flame version.

Installation:

1) just replace config.bin in GMR_exploMOD folder.

link to: GMR_smallupdate2.zip

Argh but i want the Blood effects still on crazy_o.gif

Also when i use ur .BIN i can´t use RealweaponSoundpack sad_o.gif

Argh but i want the Blood effects still on  crazy_o.gif

Also when i use ur .BIN i can´t use RealweaponSoundpack sad_o.gif

I made you the blood compatible versions

link to:

Wohoo! thanks you!

Aaahh sorry Dynamicrange was what i ment sorry

You should download version 1.1  (at www.ofp.at or www.ofpbase.com) . FInd proper link above.

I downloaded version 1.1, used the newest config.bin but I still got the error about the missing burningfire addon. Please help me how make your mod work properly here.

thx !

You should download version 1.1  (at www.ofp.at or www.ofpbase.com) . FInd proper link above.

I downloaded version 1.1, used the newest config.bin but I still got the error about the missing burningfire addon. Please help me how make your mod work properly here.

thx !

Burningfire is an addon, i think it´s from CAT(_SHET)

Search for CAT in opf.cz i´m sure you´ll find some of his stuff, it must be in some pack of him i think.

Burningfire is 'my addon' (but is it true it's came from CAT's).This addon is stored in GMR.pbo which is in version 1.1. These error occured when you use my testmission?

If yes please edit that mission.sqm and check the first 3-4 row.

addOns[]=

{

};

If you see there "Burningfire" here please delete it.

Something unique problem could be because only you report that!!!

hmmm maybe that´s why i get that blood error message rock.gif