Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

i forgot to add. i know we have a cool splash effect when a plane or help hits the water. but can we get a bit splash effect kick up into the air when theres an explosion? like a shell or even a boat exploding.

Yes this definitely need. So here it is. Boat explosion makes waterwave. Shell requires more time, if it is possible of coure.

bugfix0.2_to_v1.49.zip

http://au.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/

ID: ftielemans

PW: dey8p7

GMR_mod folder

i forgot to add. i know we have a cool splash effect when a plane or help hits the water.

We do? rock.gif

if u dont then mabe its ECP that has it. its hard to tell what effects are from what lol biggrin_o.gif

Newer effects, like shellwhiz sound and smoking crater not working on Sigma-6 tankpack. I think should need proper shellammo names of these tanks. Who was that nice guy who helped us earlier in Sigma-6 config.cpp decoding? wink_o.gif

Hi all. I'm back again, asking duff questions, and this time is two.

First one:

If I downloaded and installed the bug fix pach 2, do I need to install the first one aswell?

I understand that the crater pbo is been inclouded in the gmr pbo, is that so?

I'm downloading now, so This may be a beet of a waste of time asking, cos I may find about it my self.

but thanks anyway.

@CERO.

shellammo names for sigma´s armor can be found somewhere in this thread wink_o.gif

edit:

Page 43

they are look weaponnames to me wink_o.gif We have to find andersson for help.

---------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of weeks(month?) ago we talked about vehicles trackdust. I said that is can be modified or disabled, because - in my opinion - not on every ground type fit that yellow-lightbrown color trackdust. For example winter maps! Such as helidust script, can be easily put costum trackdust under vehicle, that suitable for different needs.

This have advantages and disadvantages:

advantages:

- better dustcolor to different maps: green islands, winter maps, vietnam or BAS maps

- amount of dust could depend on weather type (sunny - more; rainy - less)

disadvantages:

- on road would be same dust than off road

So shoud I continue this work or I leave it?

Tracked vehicles dont create dust on the road.

yes we know. but BIS and other armoured vehicals in came give off track dust in game. in my opinion too much track dust. and this really cant be fixed or solved. the only way was if you were able to define the road as a special surface exempt from any special FX. unfortunitly you cant define the road as a different service. (same goes for the foot steps. off road sounds like ur walking on grass. on road sounds like ur walking on grass. no way to define it) sad_o.gif

i say yea keep working on it. if ppl dont like it it can be disabled

I agree. Default dust is exaggerated, colors also far from best. Question is how goldmember's dust will look like. Dymanic dust depending on wheather really cool idea, that must be used to other effects like helidust and gundust too. wink_o.gif

same goes for the foot steps. off road sounds like ur walking on grass. on road sounds like ur walking on grass.

You sure about that? I'm using Dynamic Range and walking on grass sounds different to walking on road. There's a distinct sound of boots on concrete when walking on the road, and walking on grass sounds very different.

You don't need to use Dynamic range to know that.

The standart BIS footsteps sound different depending where you are, if you wallking on the road it sounds different to the grass or sand, even if you walking in the country lines.

BTW, I finded about the pbo and bug fixed, plus Goldmember allready let me know, thanks mate.

@CERO.

same goes for the foot steps. off road sounds like ur walking on grass. on road sounds like ur walking on grass.

You sure about that? I'm using Dynamic Range and walking on grass sounds different to walking on road. There's a distinct sound of boots on concrete when walking on the road, and walking on grass sounds very different.

well sometimes there is and sometimes there isnt. its a 50/50 deal

Running OFP 1.94b and the latest GMR mod, with 2 patches applied to GMR.PBO.

When I play AliMag's new Pulakov Beach mission only in combination with the GMR mod, I get the following truncated error message across the top of the screen during the intro:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">'_degree = ((getpos_object2 select 0) - (getpos _object1 select 0)) atan2 ((getpos _object2 select 1) - (getpos _object1 select 1))|#|; c

Note that the mission makes use of the following scripts:

Snypir's Land_Chopper script

Vektorboson's Heli_Dust script

The mission also CTD'd the last time I played it with the GMR mod.

Note that in between GMR and no-GMR testing, I completely deleted the mission's folder in the \player_name\missions\saved subdirectory.

I also get errors involving some getpos script sequence, but I only encounter this error in cinematic sequences, and I don't see any difference at all.

check out some of the official single player missions from BIS including cinematic intros...

about the trackdust:

Do whatever you think makes the game better. Imho the track dust is not quite appropriate sometimes, so any improvment would be allright. I do like dusty effects though, but the dust in the track effects is too dense in my opinion. Maybe let the dust stay more or less that big as it is now, but make it less dense, a bit clearer. And of course if possible, make it appropriate to the ground the vehicle is driving on!

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">'_degree = ((getpos_object2 select 0) - (getpos _object1 select 0)) atan2 ((getpos _object2 select 1) - (getpos _object1 select 1))|#|; c

If I remember well these script lines is no mine. Had you tried it with disabled GMR_helidust as well? Maybe that help.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I forgot. Tonight I will realesed beta version of new trackdust. smile_o.gif

i forgot to add. i know we have a cool splash effect when a plane or help hits the water. but can we get a bit splash effect kick up into the air when theres an explosion? like a shell or even a boat exploding.

Yes this definitely need. So here it is. Boat explosion makes waterwave. Shell requires more time, if it is possible of coure.

bugfix0.2_to_v1.49.zip

GMR_mod folder

GMR 1.49 Main

DR(ECP) to 1.49

DR(ECP), Blood, INQ, to 1.49

INQ, Blood to 1.49

Blood to 1.49

DR(ECP), Blood to 1.49

courtesy of ww2ecpd.gif

I re-uploaded the GMR 1.49 Main with the fixed GMR.pbo and without the GMR_Crater.pbo (i relisted the rest in case anyone new is comin to this thread) smile_o.gif

Truck_dust_beta1.zip includes:

- new track dust to vehicle

- vehicle breakdown smoke (only armored vehicle yet)

GMR_mod folder

Installation:

Open GMR.pbo and copy (replace) these files into it.

Replace config.bin with new one.

Note:

If you want to test it on winter maps, edit GMR_trackdust in exp_init.sqs file!

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!

You peeps doing so much GREAT work for this game!!!

THANK YOU

Looks good.

Did you ever drive backward?

If you do, you will see that there is no dust.

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Upps! Reversing is negativ speed. I will fix that.

ok what could i have done wrong, i opened up my gmr.pbo that is 1.49 with the fixes. replaced the files i was told too and put the test config in the bin folder but now there is no dust at all! what did i do wrong crazy_o.gif

hopfully when you post the fix it will work for me but can you also put a pics up so everyone can see some examples?

Finaly I could play with winter maps, no more ugly dust on it. Thanks goldmember! smile_o.gif

I just installed 1.94 along with the patch but i am still getting the problem with RPG/LAW flying straight although the settings are normal on the BAS AT4.

ok what could i have done wrong, i opened up my gmr.pbo that is 1.49 with the fixes. replaced the files i was told too and put the test config in the bin folder but now there is no dust at all! what did i do wrong crazy_o.gif

hopfully when you post the fix it will work for me but can you also put a pics up so everyone can see some examples?

Try it on default BIS vehicle. I upload beta2, fixed reversing error and working on more vehicles.