Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

OK I installed all the latest files necessary to get the GMR explosion mod to work and I use the flamer+INQ+blood+DR bin, but now I don't hear half the sounds, like explosions, turret movement and a few more.I downloaded and installed the latest DR. I did everything I was told to by the readme, and I even got a m8 to walk me through the installation step by step, but still sounds are missing. What's wrong? sad_o.gif

Strange... I dont get any of that. Here's what I did to the config.cpp of GMR.pbo:

Thank you very much! You frozen my PC again! biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Still not working. BTW how long you tested, because crater object is come to under destroyed vehicle appr. 2 minutes after explosion. Untill the problem not arises.

Please mail me your config.cpp if it is really woorking.

goldmember13@freemail.hu

thanks smile_o.gif

Any chance to fix this crater.pbo issue in a future update of the explo mod?

And another question:

Whats this crater.pbo actually for, what does effect does it create?

And can I deactivate it in those general config files (so to not get those error messages)?

Any chance to fix this crater.pbo issue in a future update of the explo mod?

And another question:

Whats this crater.pbo actually for, what does effect does it create?

And can I deactivate it in those general config files (so to not get those error messages)?

The problem is already solved if you read carefully previous posts. wink_o.gif

This GMR_crater.pbo is need if GMR_forevercrater = 1 in exp_init.sqs. Then crater stays under vehicle forever (in basic game crater disappering after 3 minutes)

Strange... I dont get any of that. Here's what I did to the config.cpp of GMR.pbo:

Thank you very much! You frozen my PC again! biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Still not working. BTW how long you tested, because crater object is come to under destroyed vehicle appr. 2 minutes after explosion. Untill the problem not arises.

Please mail me your config.cpp if it is really woorking.

goldmember13@freemail.hu

thanks smile_o.gif

Heh... sorry to hear about your freezing problems. I have mailed you the config I made, based on the 1.49 GMR.pbo/GMR_crater configs. Hope it will work on your side too.

I can run missions for a long time with no problems using that.

Regards

Heh... sorry to hear about your freezing problems. I have mailed you the config I made, based on the 1.49 GMR.pbo/GMR_crater configs. Hope it will work on your side too.

I can run missions for a long time with no problems using that.

Regards

Yes, you solved -the crater- problem, but forget to tell me you made a new -bigger- one. biggrin_o.gif Debrises are floating in the air. So we won't get more foreward.

Believe me I cope with this problem enough, this object must be stored in separate pbo file. This one is cursed.

But not worth to deal with problem more, must copied GMR_crater.pbo to main Addon folder and works fine.

Yes, you solved -the crater- problem, but forget to tell me you made a new -bigger- one. biggrin_o.gif Debrises are floating in the air. So we won't get more foreward.

Believe me I cope with this problem enough, this object must be stored in separate pbo file. This one is cursed.

But not worth to deal with problem more, must copied GMR_crater.pbo to main Addon folder and works fine.

Gaah crazy_o.gif

*Lots of edits

Ok. I now have what I believe is a working config with gmr_crater integrated into gmr.pbo. No floating debris so far. Another mail sent to goldmember...

PS. A fall-back solution is to add GMR_crater to the preloaded addons in PreloadAddons of the big config.bin

EDIT2: it seems that having

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

// type scope

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

these in the config makes the floating debris phenomenon appear. Examining the issue further... to be continued.

EDIT3: Breaking news. Issue probably solved. It had to do with GMR_debris* and GMR_stone* being declared "scope=public". Now, without the #defines for scope above, "public" will evaluate to 0 by default instead of 2. This had the effect of "floating debris" if I added those #defines to the config.cpp. A real nasty one to find. However, declaring GMR_debris* to "scope=private;" will make the floating debris go away. Putting either protected or public scope on them will make the debris hang mid air again. (And, to further confuse, setting the simulation type of these debris to "thingeffect" instead of the default "thing" they inherit from class Thing will allow any scope type)

Again, with scope=private (or scope=0), all is well again, as far as I can tell.

So, becouse Goldy is very busy man, Is someone capable to do :

INQ weapon with DR sound come from it, simple is it   ghostface.gif ?

So, becouse Goldy is very busy man, Is someone capable to do :

INQ weapon with DR sound come from it, simple is it   ghostface.gif ?

why would you want the dr gun sound? it is not as realistic as the inq. the inq+dr config gm already made is a much better choice it gives you the inq weapons and sound along with the dr bullet hit sound and granade sound biggrin_o.gif you just cant get any better then that! what does the inq sound hurt your ears tounge_o.gif

Ok, two mail sent to GM. One with a (begs and prays to the gods of OFP) working config, the other with a note of a syntax error in said "working" config biggrin_o.gif

Hope you get them, Goldie...

Now, I want to kill..nay....nuke the debris objects... wonder why tounge_o.gif

why would you want the dr gun sound? it is not as realistic as the inq. the inq+dr config gm already made is a much better choice it gives you the inq weapons and sound along with the dr bullet hit sound and granade sound biggrin_o.gif  you just cant get any better then that! what does the inq sound hurt your ears tounge_o.gif

... I'v made my choice...we have a right on it, right ?

...My opinion is that a sound from AK-47 and M-16 is much realistic from DR than the INQs weapon pack and that is all I would like to hear...

why would you want the dr gun sound? it is not as realistic as the inq. the inq+dr config gm already made is a much better choice it gives you the inq weapons and sound along with the dr bullet hit sound and granade sound biggrin_o.gif  you just cant get any better then that! what does the inq sound hurt your ears tounge_o.gif

... I'v made my choice...we have a right on it, right ?

...My opinion is that a sound from AK-47 and M-16 is much realistic from DR than the INQs weapon pack and that is all I would like to hear...

that may be your opinion. but the fact of the matter is the M16 sound IS the actual M16 sound (from real life) i dont know about the AK due to the fact i havnt had the privalege of fireing one of those rifels.

Thanks to Killswitch it seems crater working without GMR_crater.pbo finally.

1. Open GMR.pbo file and replace new config.cpp file with the old one.

2. Remove GMR_crater.pbo file from addons folder

file:

config.cpp

http://au.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/

ID: ftielemans

PW: dey8p7

GMR_mod folder

he said to remove GRM-crater.pbo, after u have put the new cpp into GMR.pbo.

it obviuosly now contains the crater pbo in it

nice work GMR and Killswitch smile_o.gif

hmm, little bug that is around like since 1.46 or so in check_dammage_chopper, KS had made some fixes.

If you want to see what the bug is about, fly an helo and try some autorotative landing, or simply cut the engine off while flying, turn it on again ...oh nice smoke, but that's not all, try to LAND now ;P

@ Nov. 27 2003,10:46)]..fly an helo and try some autorotative landing, or simply cut the engine off while flying, turn it on again ...oh nice smoke, but that's not all,  try to LAND now ;P

what´s that autorotation thingy about ?  

i once read that the rotor keeps spinning just from the airflow if you shut your engine down and bring the chopper into a descending angle ... then i tried it myself and guess what, i never got it working  crazy_o.gif   maybe i misunderstood something ?

well, autorotation is a little long to explain, but the pseudo-autorotation in OFP is quite simple, if you have a engine failure, run out of gas or simply cut your engine off apply a full collective down (or press and hold the "down" key, i dont know which it is by default).

your rotor will continue to spin (or will do it again if there's enough time before the contact to the ground) and the helo will gently land if your horizontal airspeed is close enough to 0 at ground level.

to test it, simply spawn a flying helo above a runway in the editor, launch the preview, cut the engine off and keep your finger on the "down" key (or apply full collective down) and wait (do that without gmr_explomod...or... you die)

btw , i was suggesting that someone implements a more difficult (/realistic) autorotation in gmr, ecp or other mod, regular bis autorotation is way too easy to perforn :P

yup,autorotation is very simple, and very useful when u are hit and engine dies...u just need to press down as soon as engine dies...control your air speed and u will turn into a veritable autumn tree leaf...another good thing is that 'cos your engine is off u wont show red in enemie's radar...just a white square...btw: better be above 150m height to try this stunt safely

Yesterday we were playng (MP) a mission wich starts with a a parachute landing, one of the guys hit the chopper when jumped and died, the funny stuff happed than, the dead boddy falling slowly due to the chute but his body was releasing some smoke, that was funny but anyway seems to me as bug ( I´m still runnig 1.47). Other guys using 1.47 saw the same. Just reportin´.

@ Nov. 27 2003,10:46)]hmm, little bug that is around like since 1.46 or so in check_dammage_chopper, KS had made some fixes.

If you want to see what the bug is about, fly an helo and try some autorotative landing, or simply cut the engine off while flying, turn it on again ...oh nice smoke, but that's not all, try to LAND now ;P

Nice bug lol! What we learned today? If you fly never turn off the engine in the air. I rewrote the scripts, if player is pilot, engine shutdown in air not means that aircratf got serious dammage. In this case there will be no smoke effect at all.

If AI is pilot the effect will work (AI not so idiot to turn off engine in air just for fun biggrin_o.gif ). I upload the fixes - bugfix01_to_v1.49.zip - to briefcase. This file contains previous crater fix too.

http://au.f2.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/

ID: ftielemans

PW: dey8p7

GMR_mod folder

i forgot to add. i know we have a cool splash effect when a plane or help hits the water. but can we get a bit splash effect kick up into the air when theres an explosion? like a shell or even a boat exploding.

i forgot to add. i know we have a cool splash effect when a plane or help hits the water.

We do? rock.gif