Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

Lol or talk to GM about updating the explosions to be compatible with the SP/MP pack. Considering Snyper spent ages on it and upteen versions.

I found an incompatabilty with the Explosion Mod and snYpir's SP/MP Support Pack. Whenever I request support from ground or air vehicles, they either crash or get stuck. The airplanes refuse to fly, either they act as if they have no fuel, or they try to drive cross-country to my position. Choppers come to within 300 meters of their destination and halt. Ground vehicles do the same as the choppers, but drive in circles.

As soon as I disable the GMR_Explomod. It works fine. It also works fine with ECP.

Any ideas? I really miss using this mod. sad_o.gif

Rudedog

First try to disable helidust and tankgundust effects, these ones new since v1.45 and not connected to vehicle explosion.

well done so far...and really quick as usual smile_o.gif

the smoke in center should not rise that high imo.

and could you add random placed smoke sources (8-20) in a predifened radius from the exp center ?

the ones that you used on ur burning debris would look good on this if you recolour the smoke.

btw: somthings wrong with your pic link

should look like this : http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/goldmember/crater.jpg

wink_o.gif

wow that has never been detailed in video game history that usually is left to the imagination! is there any limits to the possibilities when it come to realism in this game im starting to wonder tounge_o.gif great job goldmember now it appears in the pic that the crater smoke is independent from the vehicle’s explosion as to say that a grenade could had made this patch of hot ground, is that so or did you script it that way Just to take the pic of the crater without the vehicle? biggrin_o.gif

wow that has never been detailed in video game history that usually is left to the imagination! is there any limits to the possibilities when it come to realism in this game im starting to wonder tounge_o.gif great job goldmember now it appears in the pic that the crater smoke is independent from the vehicle’s explosion as to say that a grenade could had made this patch of hot ground, is that so or did you script it that way Just to take the pic of the crater without the vehicle? biggrin_o.gif

When you talked about hot ground around destroyed vehicles come to mind I could do that on crates too what made shell/missile when missed the target. So there will be two new effect

Mr Burns,I reduced by 0.5 meter the tall of smoke tounge_o.gif

oh sure. lets do all the things that Mr Burnswants to do  tounge_o.gif

oh great idea pappy !

Mr Burns saiz:

I want lollipops and jellybeans and other sweets raining down on me instead of GMR debris after i´ve blown a tank to pieces smile_o.gif

Make this effect only activating itself on Dec/24/ (similar to BIS´ x-mas trees easteregg).

blues.gif

j/k .. it´s a bit late and probably i had too much beer tounge_o.gif

btw: Goldmember could you please post another screen of the scorched earth, perhaps with a blown up tank on it ? i still can´t imagine how that´s gonna be looking...

Nice idea with smoke.

I just hope it won't eat too much cpu power...

Maybe let us deactivate the effect when we find out it eats too much power...

Here is the rewrote crater smoke picture.

crater2.jpg

And the screen of the scorched earth, with a blown up tank.

crater3.jpg

Wouldn't be better see those effects in motion picture? Can we get a demo mission maybe? wink_o.gif

Wouldn't be better see those effects in motion picture? Can we get a demo mission maybe? wink_o.gif

At this rate it won't be long before Goldmember's effects are good enough for REAL motion pictures. wink_o.gif

is it just me or does that tank look hot to the touch biggrin_o.gif

nice work goldmember where would we be without you wink_o.gif

nice work goldmember where would we be without you wink_o.gif

In a world of orange and yellow blobs arranged in such a way as to try to fool you into believing they were violently destructive chemical reactions. tounge_o.gif

opps you made me forget to ask the question will this mean a change config or pbo?

LOL @ munger now that the truth biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Ok guys,

I have the first issue that I have been unable to resolve with this mod. Everything works perfectly, except I am getting missing texture error messages with inquisitors weapons pack. For example.. depending on which weapons are present:

"cannot load texture INQ_WeaponPack\ak74su\ver.jpg" or

"cannot load texture INQ_WeaponPack\ak47\dl.jpg"

or several others. Really in game, what I see missing are the barrels of certain guns (the textures are transparent).

What am I missing that would cause this? I have downloaded the INQ_WeaponPack from3 different locations, so I know that file is not currupted. I can't figure this one out. I would really appreciate the help. Otherwise I will have to just use the ECP mod, which is still great, but this is better. In particular, my favorite thing is the new iron sights.

hey this is off topic but funny i have a few of these i have found too but i will share 1 at a time some people at bis are funny! look just for kicks go to the island of Nogova then go to the town of petrovice the major city their are to really tall buildings side by side place a soldier on top of one, open up the door at the top and read what it says i will not spoil it for ya you have to make it out LOL less see who is the first to see what it says biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif post your reaction but dont spoil it for everyone else!!! biggrin_o.gif

I just downloaded 1.48 version and installed it as if I had never downloaded this mod before (clean install) and in the readme there is this line:

ECP bullet/shell whiz effects added (everyting is built into, no need ECP files to run,

to modify whiz settings see \GMR\ECP_Effects\ECP_Settings.sqs)

And then this line:

These new (and old) effects can be turn on/off in exp_init.sqs file.

Problem is, there is no folder called \GMR\ECP_Effects, much less a file called: ECP_Settings.sqs

Question is.. do I need it? And why isnt it in the download then?

Thanks, Konyak

Here the test mission

http://www.tacticalblunder.com/~uploads/goldmember/crater_test.zip

The crater object is last 3 minutes on ground so effect is last appr. 3 minutes. Hot ground around vehicle could be last as you wish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Konyak-2: The filesize of version 1.48 is 3.5MB

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nubbin make sure you did this:

GMR mod + INQ weaponpack

------------------------

copy config.bin (from INQ_to_v1.xx.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/bin folder

copy GMR.pbo (fom GMR_exploMODv1.xx.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/addons folder

copy INQ_weaponpack.pbo (from INQ_weaponpack.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/addons folder

copy XMS.pbo (from INQ_Mod.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/addons folder

copy Dtaext.pbo (from INQ_Mod.zip) to GMR_exploMOD/Dta folder

-> start with "-mod=GMR_exploMOD"

well goldmember i tried it and um it sucks!!!! LOL now you know im lying i love it better then i imagined cant wait to bind it up it is  outstanding job!!! what can i say that you dont know already once agian you pulled it off biggrin_o.gif congraulations

Konyak-2: The filesize of version 1.48 is 3.5MB

!!? Yes it is rock.gif

How does that answer my question?

I tried this version, put the blood pbo into the GMR_exploMOD/Addons folder, and it says the blood addon is missing when I start the test mission. I'd always just had the blood pbo in the OFP/Addons default folder and it worked fine like that.. Is the readme accurate?

Anyway, I don't like the bullet whizz sounds that ECP did, it was much better in the standard DR pack, so I'm going back to 1.47 unless I'm missing some new effect by doing so.

Scorched earth effect is looking great though.. hope it becomes available without the ECP stuff being welded into it.

Thanks,

Konyak