Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

Goldmember, the new effects are AWESOME! Any chance to make this great addon fully multiplayer compatible?

As it is now it's only the host that see burning and smoking debris around the destroyed vehicles, clients doesn't see it...

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

hyas all. Ok, I use InQuisitors hi det. weap pack, What version of this realistic explosion mod do I use that won`t conflict with the InQ. mod? thx

hyas all. Ok, I use InQuisitors hi det. weap pack, What version of this realistic explosion mod do I use that won`t conflict with the InQ. mod? thx

I´ve experienced that every version works with the Inq Pack...

Head over to Goldmembers yahoo account and download v1.2 or wait till he realeses v1.3.

And Goldmember, please don´t forget the blood support in 1.3 smile_o.gif

Realistic explosion MOD v1.3

Modified explosion effect (shell,rocket and other) in config.bin and more!

changes to version 1.2

----------------------

- added debris (they sometimes burning or smoking) around destroyed vehicles

- burning flames more effected by wind

- burning period now longer

- INQ weaponpack addon support - must copy all INQ mode related files to GMR_exploMOD folder!

(bin file names:

flamer_blood_inq_config.bin

middle_blood_inq_config.bin

smoker_blood_inq_config.bin)

link to: GMR_explomodv1.3.zip

http://au.briefcase.yahoo.com/

id: a_goldmember

password: faszkalap

OFP version 1.91 required.

by Goldmember13

Goldmember13@freemail.hu

hmm why does it not work sad_o.gif

i have no sound, no bruning debris why?rock.gif?rock.gif?rock.gif?rock.gif?rock.gif?

oh sorry that not really true. the bruning debris i see.

but i have no sound when something exploded sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

WHY

I'd just add to KeyCats request about making it mp capable. As it is now only the host sees the effects of it, even if both host and client have the exact same versions installed.

oh sorry that not really true. the bruning debris i see.

but i have no sound when something exploded  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif

WHY

HOW could be? Which bin files was used?

Sorry if that`s already been mentioned but what exactly are the differences between the explosions in the 3 bin files? Are flamer bin Hollywood-explosions, middle bin realistic explosions and smoker bin just explosions like in normal OFP with a little more smoke? I don`t want to try one after the other. Lazy me...  tounge_o.gif

I`ve just used the flamer bin. The explosion of the fuel station and the vehicles is amazing when the firecloud rises to the air and vanishes in a black cloud. The burning debris is just as great as that. Totally great and so are the sounds. The only thing I don`t like is the RPGs exploding like a heat shell in a fireball, no matter what you hit. From what I`ve seen so far the impact reaction of a RPG is rather fireless in real life. But that`s my only critic so far and maybe this fireball RPGs aren`t that way in middle bin. I`m unfortunately only able to check this tomorrow. sad_o.gif

i don't know i installed the version 1.3 the bin files in the bin folder and the pbo in the addon folder.

one confusing think is that i have sound with version 1.0 but with 1.2 not. but i#am not sure because the many version are very confusing smile_o.gif

where is the sound.

Seems like you mixed something up. Just copy the Expl-mod folder like it is in the zipped file into your main OFP folder (e.g. e:\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint). Then rename the config bin in the bin folder you want to use to config.bin. Just rename it, there`s no need to copy any files somewhere. Finally you have to modify your OFP icon on the Windows screen you want to use by putting the mod line behind your resistance.exe. Check the readme for how to do that exactly.

FallenPaladin:

flamer version: big,longlasting flame,basic ofp smoke

middle version: not big, rapid flame, basic ofp smoke

smoker version: even less big, rapid flame, more smoke

RPG problem: Only one config class handles all ammo explosions, so there is no chance - as i know - to solve this.

mr.bean: I tested and has sounds. It mustbe your "unique" problem.

no joy. I tried the explmod, the explosions and visuals effects rock. But I get errors:

cannot load mission:  missing addons: aa745

this error occurs in sp mission Battlefields right when you 1st get down the hill to engage enemy.  I had to find the opfec blood addon as well. lol As I WAS getting the missing ofpec blood addon error, adding it fixed that error message.  

I decided to remove the explosions mod folder and the mod command, went into game and found my hi rez weaps didn t work anymore. Reinstalled those and now they work.

I really like the explosions, and wish I could just replace all my ingame default explosions with the smoker version. And not run them as a mod. Same with the blood addon from OFPEC. And after that have it NOT fubar my InQ. Weap pack. *SIGH*

nice work goldmember.

bit of a bug with it tho, in your test mission i put myself in an AH64 as gunner and the pilot was calling the shrapnel out as targets. ive got a screenshot but not sure how to display it here.

1: "6 O'CLOCK, Shrapnel mid2, 500"

and so on...

and can u make a deluxe version please, big,longlasting flame with more smoke smile_o.gif

thnx

Bug in V1.3. Renamed flamer_blood_config.bin to config.bin. When starting OFP, I get error message:

Script \OFPEC_Blood\Blood_init.sqs not found

More bugs:

Lots of tank and missile shots are now missing their targets by far!

You can walk up to a flame engulfed vehicle and select PUT OUT FIRE in the action menu. LOL! Not very realistic.

Very nice: small pieces of flaming debris! icon14.gif

Another bug. Started an unrelated SP mission using BAS D&R units. Got message:

No entry 'flamer_config.bin/CfgWeapons.gsh302' and OFP CTD'd.

Tanks for BUG report, and sorry for that.

"missing addons: aa745" - FIXED (same like missing 'burningfire' stupid me!!!)

"6 O'CLOCK, Shrapnel mid2, 500" so AI identify (and maybe target?) debris - FIXED

"Lots of tank and missile shots are now missing their targets by far!" - it was maybe because of debris targeting, FIXED

"PUT OUT FIRE" thing - It was in previous versions too, this is the "price" of lighting effect in dark.

If anybody has an idea how can I add lights on different way tell me.

"Script \OFPEC_Blood\Blood_init.sqs not found" - bin files wasn't modified so if it worked in v1.2 it must in v1.3

"No entry 'flamer_config.bin/CfgWeapons.gsh302'" - I think it is not my fault.

"Script \OFPEC_Blood\Blood_init.sqs not found" - bin files wasn't modified so if it worked in v1.2 it must in v1.3

Well, I'm not making this up. It happens every time.

Quote[/b] ]"No entry 'flamer_config.bin/CfgWeapons.gsh302'" - I think it is not my fault.

Again, this is an error within your config.bin. The message says so. The mission is a standard OFP SP mission using BAS D&R units - nothing more.