Sign in to follow this  
goldmember

Realistic explosion mod  v1.1

Maybe this is your private bug? Nobody else report that.

I will investigate this shock dust problem after finished Dynamicrange and INQ pack support.

Maybe this is your private bug? Nobody else report that.

I will investigate this shock dust problem after finished Dynamicrange and INQ pack support.

Now where talking ;)

Quote[/b] ]Maybe this is your private bug? Nobody else report that.

I tested it, no bugs, works perfect for me. Explosions, sounds, and blood all work great.

Excellent job goldmember!

I´ve experienced a bug bug with the new Version 1.2

OFP would´nt start using it due to missing .bin error, but i have no possibility to test atm, because OFP isn´t installed crazy_o.gif

I will install it again if i get rid of my main Problem (random Game crashing --CTD or restart-- during gameplay due to unknown reason...most likely it´s gonna be my CPU sad_o.gif ).

Realistic explosion MOD Dynamicrange support

Everything done exept soldiers moving sound. I can't do that untill I get a proper dynamicrange cpp file.

Installation:

Just replace config.bin in GMR_exploMOD folder and copy dynamicrange.pbo file too.

link to: GMR_explo+blood+dynrange.zip

http://au.briefcase.yahoo.com/

id: a_goldmember

password: faszkalap

You could always ask PitViper about the DR config.cpp, he wanted to put it on his site some weeks ago anyway...

I just tested this latest version. It seems to work fine, except for the soldier moving sounds of course. Shame those can't be fixed. When you say you need a proper config.cpp how does this differ from just converting the bin to a cpp and how have you been editing the bin if you have not had a cpp available? Please excuse my lack of understanding regarding this btw. smile_o.gif

Nice work goldmember! It sure increased the immersion quite a bit with the improved explosions (I liked the "smoker" version the best).

One question... How does this addon affect multiplayer any ill effects?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I do not understand why this mod should be incorporated into a global config file.

This mod automatically works globally with OFP when using the mod parameter on a shortcut. What's wrong with that?

In contrast, this is not true for the OFPEC Blood mod, which requires a manual change to missions to take effect.

I just tested this latest version. It seems to work fine, except for the soldier moving sounds of course. Shame those can't be fixed. When you say you need a proper config.cpp how does this differ from just converting the bin to a cpp and how have you been editing the bin if you have not had a cpp available? Please excuse my lack of understanding regarding this btw. smile_o.gif

I used ofpmanager1.2 to convert bin file to cpp. But converting method not 100 % safe.

The file can be read nicely but not working under OFP. Something wrong I don't know what is it.

When I try to copy soldier related changes from dynamicrange config.cpp to my config.cpp during the test I allways

get "VALUE NOT AN ARRAY" error message. (Need to test the cpp file after I changed 20-30 rows, it is necessary

because error messsage not refer to which line is wrong and then must start the whole thing from the beginning)

SO I don't know which line is wrong but I don't want to test it row by row. I will last for ages.

That is why I need working cpp file. Im on track to find one.

I really hope you get this one fixed. It would really round out the use of the hi detail weap pack, and hi rez skies. Can`t wait till the bugs are squashed. Keep up the awesome work.

Realistic explosion MOD INQ weaponspack support (testing)

Just replace config.bin in GMR_exploMOD folder and copy here all INQ related files too.

Please report any bug you find.

link to: GMR_explo+blood+INQtest.zip

Realistic explosion MOD  INQ weaponspack support (testing)

Just replace config.bin in GMR_exploMOD folder and copy here all INQ related files too.

Please report any bug you find.

link to: GMR_explo+blood+INQtest.zip

In previous config.bin you had a support of DynamicRange, will this config make it work with it ?

In previous config.bin you had a support of DynamicRange, will this config make it work with it ?

That may cause problems, since Inquisitor´s Weapons already use other soundfiles...you can test it by loading both, your DynamicRange & Inquisitor .bin´s in modfolders.

btw: I´ve reinstalled OFP and now everything runs fine with the ExplosionMods smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I just recognized the 4 different .bin´s in the binfolder from wich i have to rename my favourite one wow_o.gif

Realistic explosion MOD new features

I added a small feature. Burning, smoking debris around the destroyed vehicle. Download pictures.

link to: Debris_shots.zip

Just looked at the pictures and the new feature looks nice. Let us know when/if you update your great MOD with these.

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

That new effect looks great, but i guess this will give my PC a "Fatality" biggrin_o.gif

Realistic explosion MOD - debris effect

I added a small feature. Burning, smoking debris around the destroyed vehicle. Just replace old GMR.pbo with new one, it works all bin files.

link to: GMR_debris.zip

Just to confirm:

This replaces the existing addon from V1.2?

None of the Bin files were updated, correct?

Yes.

(Sorry if I was a little confusing)

Yes, just finished testing it out. Works like a charm. Just have to duck from all that debris heading my way. biggrin_o.gif

You really should repackage the updated GMR PBO file with the others and make a V1.3 zip file. smile_o.gif

You really should repackage the updated GMR PBO file with the others and make a V1.3 zip file. smile_o.gif

Yup. smile_o.gif

How's the Dynamic Range support coming along? Any chance of a fully working version anytime soon? rock.gif

Yup. smile_o.gif

How's the Dynamic Range support coming along? Any chance of a fully working version anytime soon?  rock.gif

Dynrange config. I spook with Pitviper he said will release it soon. But If you know him better maybe you could accelerete this "process".

One or two days I will release version 1.3 (debris, full INQ mod and if miracle happenes Dynamicrange support)