Sign in to follow this  
Shiftey

Logitech mx 700 mouse problems

Hello there.

Recently I have bought a logitech mx 700 mouse because my old one was getting old a bit an d needed replacement

So After 2 or 3 months using my new mosue which hasn't encountered any problems on any game, I decided to use it on ofp. so i reinstalled it. And i noticed i could not aim accurately.

It seems when i move the mouse real slow it doesn register my movement, but sometimes it suddenly moves, not the movement that i want but too far.

Now i've done almost everything thinkable to do, changed the movements speed in windows, inside ofp, installed drivers, plus some strange program somebody told me hehad the same thing. Altered my registry for it, did everything that was said on The avonlady like rivatuner, really everyhting thinkable.

please help me out, this problem did not occur with my old mouse, there surely must be some solution for it?

thank you in Advance

There's a thread on this page entitled "mouse moves slow" surely common sense would have told you it could well be a similar problem? Please search before posting (as the rules state) smile_o.gif

If you've searched the forum, if you've tried the suggestions in there, such as the mouseware drivers, stopping the logitech application, searching Avon's FAQ for "mouse lag" or "logitech", if you've hand on heart read where it says in there......

Quote[/b] ]http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/trouble/mx700aim.htm

Skipping mouse cursor pointers could be caused by a number of things. For the Logitech MX700 mouse, download the latest drivers and make sure that the 'Disable acceleration in games' option is enabled.

Then you should have PM'd me to open the thread again, not made another thread smile_o.gif

Even with the latest drivers v9.76, and acceleration disabled in games, OFP suffers worse than any other game from a issue with the MX700 (and 500?) itself.

The issue with the MX700 is that it actually returns raw mouse movements (called 'mickeys', no joke) that are 'faster' than other mice.

The reason the problem is particularly apparent in OFP, but also in games like Serious Sam, is that ALL games provide mouse sensitivity controls, but the control present in OFP produces horrible results.  For example if you move the OFP slider to the left to 'slow' the mouse down (which is what you want to do), it has an effect similar to a large 'dead zone' as well as slowing the cursor movement slightly.  Go ahead, try it and feel our pain.

My current solution is to download the logitech mouse utility (available from the same page as the driver download), and turn on 'mouse speed' in games.  Now you can use the windows 'mouse speed' control to make it nice and smooth in OFP (assuming you run the game at a similar resolution to windows desktop), and in the other games, just adjust their sensitivity settings to compensate.  This logitech mouse utility allows independant enabling of Accel and Speed adjustment, but does not (unfortunately) allow windows and game, or specific game calibration of movement or buttons.

So whos to blame (if we really have to blame anyone)

o Logitech for making their mouse speed behave differently from every other mouse I've tested (4 so far).

o BIS for the wackiest mouse sensitivity slider in a game (besides for Serious Sam).

o You (and Me) for buying such an expensive mouse with very ordinary drivers... but its soooo cordless and lag free.

Hope that sheds a little light, and it's good to know i'm not the only one noticing this problem.

EDIT: Hey Placebo, he's not got the slow/laggy mouse problem, but the "mouse moves either too damn fast, or not at all" problem.

thank you greg but..

as you say that advanced utility, i've already tried that, it did not help. So anyone else any suggestions?

as you say that advanced utility, i've already tried that, it did not help. So anyone else any suggestions?

Unfortunately not. Before the "MouseWare Advanced Settings" utility I had the OFP sensitivity X & Y set to about 0.85 down from 1.0 which seemed to help a little before the 'dead zone' effect became too bad. You can use that MouseWare utility to manually turn ON both Accel and Speed before playing OFP and turn if off after. That makes the mouse nice for OFP but is a total pain to do each time. Truth is I stopped playing OFP for a few months after getting the MX700 due to the unusual performance with it. Another totally wack solution is to plug another coorded mouse into your PS2 port and use that for OFP (I can hear you yelling at that suggestion from here). I am actually still waiting for a better solution, but with logitech's 'go slow' attitude toward driver updates and BIS's (totally unconfirmed) discontinued support of OFP (eg. no more updates) we may be plum out of luck.

My mx500 doesnt have those problems... rock.gif

Whats the difference between the mx500 and 700? (apart from one of them being cordless)

Whats the difference between the mx500 and 700? (apart from one of them being cordless)

Not sure what the difference is apart from the coord. I havn't been able to try one to compare 'feel'. But I can plug another mouse into the spare PS2 or USB port, and side by side, the MX700 makes the mouse cursor move faster, even with default MS drivers. By the way, the MX700 does perform well eg. smooth, precise, absolutely no lag like the older coordless.

so My decision will be to stop playing ofp too.

too bad BIS doesnt help out their community anymore :/

My mx500 doesnt have those problems... rock.gif

I just got that very same mouse today (Was going for MX700 but read about this and decided on the 500).

Problem is, I can't get the spare buttons to work. Some times I can get the "Back" button to work (Button 4) but that's only sometimes.

What did you do to get all of them to work? I've downloaded the latest drivers, and the "advanced" mouseware.

Thanks

Gameer

My probleem with the MX 700 is that i can not scroll true the command options?

anybody can tell me?

now i must do it with the buttons [ ] sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]My probleem with the MX 700 is that i can not scroll true the command options?

anybody can tell me?

Check the mouse settings in the control panel. Set the #6 button to "Middle Button". It is set to "Auto Scroll" per default.

That solved it for me.

I've been using the MX700 for several months now and I have no problems whatsoever. It's precise, smooth as silk and generally does the job in OFP perfectly.

The only downside is I can't use all 7 buttons in OFP.

MX700 vs. MX500: Same mouse & functionality except it's cordless.

How to get rid of all MX5/700 problems: uninstall Logitech crapware smile_o.gif

Then it will work nicely in OFP. You will get mouse1,2,3 and 4 + wheel to work. Mouse5 won't work though.

How to get rid of all MX5/700 problems: uninstall Logitech crapware smile_o.gif

Be nice if it was that simple. The MX700 is too sensitive in OFP even with the mouse in PS2 port and default MS drivers. The best thing to do is enable speed control in games and slow it down. Pity OFP sensitivity slider is not up to the job like any other game. Shrike is lucky if he doesn't experience any probs with the MX500/700. I have since found people in 3 different forums describing the same issue.

Another little complaint about OFP, it forces you to use a set of buttons on the keyboard (eg. F1-F12 permanently mapped, or at least not configurable from within the game). I have been able to map the MX700 extra buttons to unused keyboard keys eg. F13-F15, so they don't conflict with any game control, but are still usable in games like Unreal Tournament/ Americas Army. OFP doesn't even register all the real keyboard keys, let alone reserved & foreign ones.

hmm, I still can't get my MX300 (I don't like ergonomicly shaped mice :P) wheel to work in OFP sad_o.gif

/me slaps Logitech tounge_o.gif

I have a MX700 too!

It was in the Logitech Cordless MX Pack (Keyboard - you know..)

Well, it's connected over PS2 and the Cursor jumps about 1-2 cm on the screen when i move the mouse down! Nothing smooth to see.

The right/left movement works more or less.

I have the newest MouseWare, Acceleration disabled and this Game Acceleration disable option enabled.

Help!

Already looked there :/

But somehow I managed to get a little bit more accuracy. Maybe it was because Vsync was of..whatever.

It's still not good eneugh. Jumps about 2-5mm.

My Logitech MouseMan Dual Optical is damn precise crazy_o.gif

Tried everything again on your page but I did not find this driver option (Detonator 44.65)

Tried everything again on your page but I did not find this driver option (Detonator 44.65)

The lastest Detonators can be found at Nvidia.

Yes, i know.

But I use this Driver because it's the fastest and "bug-freest" (Damn, my English :/ )for my Geforce 4 Ti4200.

That should not be the Problem. I can play every Game with this Mouse and I have absolutly no problem. Only OFP sad_o.gif

Edit:

By the way, already tried the newest Driver ^^

I gave up on my MX700 entirely. Not only are they ridiculously oversized and heavy, but the cordless conn means low report rates and lag. Further, despite the fact that acceleration was definitely disabled, the response of the mouse still didn't seem linear in games.

Definitely not for gaming and not great for windows either.

I can confirm what Greg said: the OFP/MX700 combination only seemed to exacerbate the general problems.

We have zero problems with our Logitech MX700 cordless mouse and keyboard at home. OFP play is smooth and accurate.