Sign in to follow this  
BraTTy

Corsair f4u released !!

the BF-109 is still in progress and it will be a beauty.. smile_o.gif

Progress is at a state of [enter number here]%?

Remember the new "corsair standard" for WWII-Planes.

MfG Lee ;)

I have two problems with the corsair´s.

First: I have placed a few of them in a MP map.

When playing on an 1.91 Linux Server, this happens: biggrin_o.gif

corsairmpbug.jpg

Second: I am making an small intro for this MP Map.

So I have to use the "deletevehicle" command.

When using it on a corsair, ofp crashes to desktop. crazy_o.gif

Bugs or my fault?

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Its Bill Gates, he's hiding in your computer.  Next you'll be seeing messages that "Linux is Evil, Microsoft is your FRIEND"

::edit:: can't spell Linux

Going to shoot some Junkers down now :?

Hey leave me out of this :P

Nice planes BTW ;)

Going to shoot some Junkers down now :?

Hey leave me out of this  :P

Nice planes BTW  ;)

But its so fun tounge_o.gif

Can anybody tell me which .cpp line to edit so I get a bigger radar range? I was actually going to ask for that change in a possible new version of the corsair but I can understand that it is supposed to resemble the "older" state of technics for the aera it was used in. On the other side it would do good if you can "see" your targets better in OFP especially if your view distance is not too high and you're going with near 500 Km/h.

cheers

Must add my 2 cents to this - GREAT ADDON! Textures are very good, so lifelike, the cockpit is one of the best I've seen, and the appearance is absolutely beatiful!

Guess I'll have to dig up the old P-38 I was working on and shove it out the door so I can make a Fw-190 to face this thing! smile_o.gif

Can anybody tell me which .cpp line to edit so I get a bigger radar range? I was actually going to ask for that change in a possible new version of the corsair but I can understand that it is supposed to resemble the "older" state of technics for the aera it was used in. On the other side it would do good if you can "see" your targets better in OFP especially if your view distance is not too high and you're going with near 500 Km/h.

cheers

just change the "irScanRange" smile_o.gif

I have two problems with the corsair´s.

First: I have placed a few of them in a MP map.

When playing on an 1.91 Linux Server, this happens: biggrin_o.gif

corsairmpbug.jpg

Second: I am making an small intro for this MP Map.

So I have to use the "deletevehicle" command.

When using it on a corsair, ofp crashes to desktop.  crazy_o.gif

Bugs or my fault?

MfG Lee  wink_o.gif

Did you add the init line that is required on a mp mission?

Please look in the readme for the instructions,and you can just copy and paste the planes that are in the MP_Init editor mission that was included.

I think deletevehicle will only work well with one you created during game? I was having crashes deleting vehicles already in game

Hey I am back, got lucky...new place has working cable..any questions or problems?

cheers

Just want to point out that the Night Fighter has 300m radar range and the Korean has 500m radar range.

And these are the lines:

irScanRangeMin=0;

irScanRangeMax=300;

irScanGround = true;

looks perfect!  rock.gif

it will be may first and maybe only ww2 addon...

or do you release a mustang?

Now we just need to find some missions, or have you help get that Messersmit(sp) out that I just saw in the other forum.

Heyas I looked into as why the Corsair doesn't engage the Ju52....I noticed that NOTHING that I have thats air engages the Ju52,its classed as a land vehicle and does not have the threat variables assigned, Bis Camel wont attack it either.

I read another post that Vit's Me109(?) it also won't engage...I am to assume that Vits addons inhibit the same undefined threat.

I got Footmunch's Russian Stormuvik WWII fighter plane to attack the Ju-52 once I changed it's side to West (after grouping it with a West soldier as leader and then changing the soldier's probability of appearance to 0%). I haven't tried his latest version of the Stormuvik WWII fighter yet though. .

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The new sturmikov looks pretty good, and performs pretty well. The only problem is to get the cool WWII "gun effect" that you see in all the old videos plus the firing from the wings, instead of a gun the plane has two rocket launchers that look like wing guns. Work good, but so far I haven't been able to get em to fire at other planes.

Did you add the init line that is required on a mp mission?

Problem is I want to use a vehicle spawn script, so when planes are respawning, the "init text" was gone.

---

So, what about a enemy for the great corsairs.

I just tested some(my first) retexture work.

Only to understand how it works.

Tested with VIT´s ME109.

Original:

vit109original.jpg

---

Very little retexture work:

vit109retextureTest.jpg

---

Texes are from a very good texture artist of the IL2 community named SNORRI.

As I said, I just want to test how it works.

So anyone talented can please release a beta or something?!

MfG Lee  smile_o.gif

i personly don´t like vit´s models, but the skins nice.

There is a better ME in the work.

Now that Bratty has his connection back we gotta send him to work on the Zero tounge_o.gif And then after that the Koga, and then I think we need to get togeather a list of things he's working on/helping on so we get our priorities streight on what he needs to do first biggrin_o.gif

JK hehe, Looking forward to your next great work Bratty. I"m trying to come out with a semi decent mission with the corsair.

hmmmm... the only thing i know:

- Squadron called Blacksheep

- Squadleader was called "papa" (lol i think)

I forgottn the rest  sad_o.gif

PS: Did the American Corsair ever fight against Nazi planes?

- Does anyone know a good working WWII fighter for the  

facists? With working muzzleflash?

"Blacksheep Squadron" ("Baa Baa Blacksheep") was a TV show based on an actual WWII Marine squadron.

Major Gregory "Pappy" Boyington was a real person, and the "Black Sheep" were a real squad.

"Pappy" won the Medal of Honor, and he was a volounteer "Flying Tiger" in China, before forming the Black Sheep.

(Here is a link about him)

Click Here

American Corsairs were only deployed in the Pacific Theatre

Some Corsairs were built for the British, but I dont know where they were deployed...(sounds like a good topic for a Google Search)

Oops sorry guys , I did lose internet again and now I am back for good this time. I am assembling an update regarding what work I have gotten done.

I also need to point out that the files in the Corsair addon are binarized and was only done because of file size (even tho the pbo ends up same size)

You know I don't believe in hiding any information that can help other modmakers ,and the unbinarized p3d's will be available as soon as I get some hosted space, for now anyone needs them , just msn me