Sign in to follow this  
BraTTy

Corsair f4u released !!

where can i get the zero?

cheers, also can you get Nap to work?

Thanx guys, I have a busy day and week planned actually.

The Napalm was still in experimental stage. For some odd reason creating fire at the spot of the bomb detonation was causing the game to quit out.

Could easily add the napalm bombs that are out tho I am pretty sure.There are 4 bomb spots.

AI will only land on the airstrip with a "disembark" command.Flying it yourself the "Autoland" barely works.

The "Eject" action while on the ground changes to "Getout" after the engine is off.

And I did have the plane setup so that you couldn't use the mguns when wings were folded,but apparantly in the last changes I didn't put that back.At one point each type had its own type of mgun.

Dunno why it won't attack the Ju52? I didn't do many test against enemies without weapons.The Corsairs do engage Zeros well as that was mainly the machine I test against.I might do something with the Zero soon when I have time.

Vibes also has a Japanese plane in the works.

I have a new place I am moving to, and may be without internet a bit, so I will be secretly working on some stuff,lol

Here (6.5MB)

Also includes a number of BETA planes of Corsairs.

Ehm the beta planes doesn´t replace the new ?

Here (6.5MB)

Also includes a number of BETA planes of Corsairs.

Ehm the beta planes doesn´t replace the new ?

The old beta Corsairs will not work with the newer Corsairs as they do have the same classnames.

Just grab the ECA_A6M2 (760kb .pbo) Zero thats in the Pacifc Demo, and shoot some riceballs down (no ofense)

I "was" going to head to bed at a decent hour last night.

Instead, I was still shooting down Zeros at 3am.

biggrin_o.gif

Ok, this is fantastic!

Nice to see so much HIGH QUALITY Addons.

Corsair.jpg

I will put it into my wwii cti map.

MfG Lee wink_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Wow.... seeing these babies fly over head gives me shivers. Really great job.

I did notice a couple things tho...

Muzzles flashes are blue..ish

The planes take damage when taking off if you go too fast on the ground. Also the wheels seem to be a bit off the ground (you can see it in Oswalds pic above) .

The AI seems to have a really hard time identifying ground targets of all types (boats, cars, tanks and infantry). When it does ID a target it will often damage itself by flying too low when it drops the bombs.

When you "eject" you dont jump out of the plane but you get shot out as if you had an ejection seat... the Camel doesnt do this.

Other then that its really great!

Ok ok ok....I'm still drooling over these planes.....and I've been going on and on about the planes....

but I do have to say....Great job on the Pilots VIBES!!!!

Can't let him go un noticed for these pilots!! biggrin_o.gif

Whew...I'm ready for some missions!! wooo hooo!!

One of the Best WW2 addon!!!!!!!!!!  biggrin_o.gif

Can't wait to see your zero smile_o.gif

TooTall made some missions, they are in "bratty" folder @ evilmadman.com/newfiles. Try em out!

i think so

ontopic: this is excelent! they may well have trouble identifying targets, but they are great fun when in ACM...the level of texturing and attnetion to detail is brilliant ( i cba reading the posts before this so sue me† if someones said this before!)

† disclaimer: dont litterally, im joking

I love this addon- but cannot get AI to engage ground targets. Opened the config and mucked around but no joy. Thing is, bratty's helldiver absolutely kicks ass against ground targets. Anyone have any ideas what config tweaks would be needed to give the f4 similar abilities to the helldiver?

I have to say, This is the best add on I've seen for a long time.

Not because it's the prettiest or has fancy scripts, but because it's soo much fun to use.

I've spent a couple of hours over the last couple of days taking off from a carrier, flying to the enemy airfield & straifing & bombing everything in sight.

btw, has anyone managed to land one of these buggers on a carrier yet, buggered if I can sad_o.gif

Ok, the good & bad.

Bad:

Prop looks kind of strange from the outside view when flying.

AI won't engage ground targets.

AI won't take off from the carrier (they just turn right & fall off, probably an OFP problem or I'm setting them up wrong).

The wheels of the players plane starts off with the wheels UP while on the deck (again, might be me setting it up wrong).

Needs a variant with no bombs & more rockets (I'm sure I've seen pics of US navy F4Us armed this way).

Napalm bomb seems wacked, It doesn't leave a fire but does kill you plane if you drop it from less than 100m.

Good:

Flies beautifly.

Looks fantastic.

Great fun.

It's a shame most of the WW2 aircraft out there are crap, because what you guys have put out so far is 1st rate.

I can't wait for more.

Al

ps:

Any chance of you guys doing some German Aircraft at some stage ?, perhaps a FW190 a5 or BF110 ?

been mucking around with it some more. BTW I forgot to say this is indeed a wonderful addon. Anyhow, Create a group of f4u's with the helldiver as commander and they go nuts strafing everything in sight (still cannot get anywhere near hitting with bombs/rockets). Same group with f4u as leader - circle around aimlessly for hours, ignoring all targets (soft and hard) on the ground. I've been poking through the config and just wonder if it is the speed (too fast?),the inheritance (helldiver inherits from A10, f4u from plane), the pilot or the weapons themselves. I've tried setting f4u inheritance to A10, made pretty much all the details (except handling) the same as the helldiver and still no joy - it will NOT engage. I noticed in the helldiver config there was a gunner class created - I can't see it implemented, but I wonder if that effects anything. I'll keep tinkering, cos I really want to see this baby do what it should!

Hi ya Bratz + Team Great Addon!!! And the pilots are 1st rate too!!

An idea about it not engaging ground targets and the ju.

Ju - because its unarmed maybe the corsairs don't think it is a threat, i have had the same prob with the p51.(i'll give it some weapons and c if anything changes)

Similar example can be applied to soldiers. If in a ofp battle you don't fire at the enemy "most" of the time they will ignore you.

Could this be the same problem with the ground targets that the corsairs are sent to engage?

But they did destroy the shilka and vulcan, because they were fired on?

I don't think it has to do with being attacked - the helldiver will come in strafing straight off at trucks, mgs, mortars - before anything fires at it. When playing in an f4 squad, the squad leader allocates targets and orders engage, but none of the AI team members actually do anything - unless the leader is a helldiver...

i think they wont attack ground targets on their own due to lack of radar...the korean version attacks targets on the ground (albeit not very accurate)

just try telling them to attack a target and they will (even if they have no radar)

(korean and nightfighter version both have radar)

I think acidcrash has it - I tooled them all up with radar and suddenly they were strafing left right and centre. Not too accurate, but darn scary when you're on the ground. Gave all the japanese LMG36's airlock=true and suddenly you have f4u's coming in for strafing runs while taking waves of small arms fire - great fun!