Sign in to follow this  
BraTTy

Aae installer

K I am a newb and can't figure this out ! I've tried several combinations...Does anyone have any easy instructions on how to pack up an addon using this installer?

Thanks In Advance

K I am a newb and can't figure this out ! I've tried several combinations...Does anyone have any easy instructions on how to pack up an addon using this installer?

Thanks In Advance

It's very easy. Just get the utility from At Ease Editor's depot.

You have to extract the atease.exe anywhere and place there your mission to MISSIONS folder or addon to ADDONS folder, write name of your addon to NAME.TXT and run the atease.exe.

A msi file is created in the same directory with everything packed in and the end user can just run the msi file to have everything installed automatically.

Thanks In Advance

It's very easy. Just get the utility from At Ease Editor's depot.

You have to extract the atease.exe anywhere and place there your mission to MISSIONS folder or addon to ADDONS folder, write name of your addon to NAME.TXT and run the atease.exe.

A msi file is created in the same directory with everything packed in and the end user can just run the msi file to have everything installed automatically.

Thanks Maruk for your explanation i was having the same problem i know now how it works now    biggrin_o.gif

Does the package work with Win98SE?

The error I get is "CreateProcess failed"

SelectThis

Does the package work with Win98SE?

The error I get is "CreateProcess failed"

SelectThis

I guess it should work but you may need to download from microsoft their latest MSI stuff (it's version 2.0 now I think...).

I Dont know if this help's but could you make a sticky topic in this section of the forums about: How to set-up AAE

Maybe that's better for all?

So we could see how it works and more people will start to use it because for now: 5 of 10 makers used the AAE and the rest still in the RAR/ZIP/ACE/PK program's. sad_o.gif

I completely forgot about aae.. think I should start using this more often now..

Quote[/b] ] Dont know if this help's but could you make a sticky topic in this section of the forums about: How to set-up AAE

Maybe that's better for all?

So we could see how it works and more people will start to use it because for now: 5 of 10 makers used the AAE and the rest still in the RAR/ZIP/ACE/PK program's.

I am usually good with tutorials... I made the camera scripting tut.. people fell in love with it tounge_o.gif

BTW I have an AAE addon coming shortly smile_o.gif A genius tool this is honesly.

I completely forgot about aae.. think I should start using this more often now..

It doesn't support private mod folders, AFAIK.

It doesn't support private mod folders, AFAIK.

is there a possibility to include at least BIN, DTA & Worlds folders ?

hm now answer for lil burnsy sad_o.gif

i assume it isn´t possible..

ok, something else:

it was once said that AAE compliant addons will be offered on official bi-page for download, but still the camel is the only one availabe there.

if AAE get´s rollin someday, can addons which were not packed with the AAE tool but still fullfill the AAE requirements (e.g. dumb proof installer, sample mission etc., like in the WGL AddPack 4.0) be offered on the AAE page ?