Sign in to follow this  
Tibby595

Parachutes

yeh!

newbie!

i like the 'suicide' option for newbys...

it also brings the option of 'when' into play

if i do it now, i'll go too slow

now, i'll die

oh crap.. i'm dead

to be honest I do HALO jumps in MP without a script all the time.  I get in a helicopter, fly up really high, so high they cant see me, and hover over a target.  then i'll just eject.  the helicopter goes in and crashes and a few minutes later i lazilly drift into the target area.  hopefully nobody's looking up while i'm at it. smile_o.gif

Thats not quite HALO, but almost :P

If you want to mess around in MP like that, just hover above a target (make sure speed is 0) and turn the engine off. Eject when you're at 200m and you *should* be safe.

yeh!

newbie!

I've been at this forum for almost 2 years and I'm a newbie? rock.gif

anyway, yes i know it's not a HALO, but its the best i could get without a script.

i'll try your idea the next time im desperate enough to get in an MP game harnu. smile_o.gif

yeh!

newbie!

I've been at this forum for almost 2 years and I'm a newbie?  rock.gif

I thnk he means you are a newbie as far as parachuting is concerned!  tounge_o.gif

i woz just kidding man

that's why i put !!! marks...

i'm gonna be classed a newbie now aren't i?

even though i'm not, i'v played all the no.1 games and been a respectable leader...

sumtime's i'm thanked for playing

even remembered

it feels like magic!

i woz just kidding man

even though i'm not, i'v played all the no.1 games and been a respectable leader...

even remembered

it feels like magic!

I'll just label you 'newbie' because you can't spell for shit. biggrin_o.gif

Major Gripe

Quote[/b] ]I thnk he means you are a newbie as far as parachuting is concerned! tounge_o.gif

He's the one that didn't know about static line jumping. rock.gif

Tibby595

Quote[/b] ]i woz just kidding man

If anything, "!!!" marks mean you're serious.

my biggest complaint about the parachutes the inability to control them, i could care less about formations and halo jumps, i just get really pissed off when i die because land is 10 feet away and im in the water dead because i couldnt pull my chute to the towards land!

The real parachutes don't have that much control either. They do have some, I've heard, but they're not very precise.

At least the chutes used in OFP. If those canopy deals were in OFP2 I'd spend a lot of time parachuting biggrin_o.gif

The real parachutes don't have that much control either.  They do have some, I've heard, but they're not very precise.

There is more than one kind of parachute!  wink_o.gif Those used for static line jumps have little or no control whereas the ram air type 'chutes used for HALO or HAHO can be steered and are very precise. In the UK, the RAF Falcons parachute display team land on a cross as part of their display, about 15 ft in diameter from jumping out at 25,000 ft!! If that isn't precise I don't know what is!!

i woz just kidding man

even remembered

it feels like magic!

I'll just label you 'newbie' because you can't spell for shit.  biggrin_o.gif

-----------------------------------------

Major Gripe

I thnk he means you are a newbie as far as parachuting is concerned!

He's the one that didn't know about static line jumping.

Tibby595

i woz just kidding man

If anything, "!!!" marks mean you're serious.

sos man...

the first one made me laugh

and the 2nd one:

sorry, can we reset the record?

can you not have a grudge?

I think this is a good idea, but id like to see it where you can push a button out of a menu that first ejects you then if you press it again can pull your chute. Ive died many times trying to get eject from the action menu while my plane/helicopter is crashing to the earth.

As it is now your landing gently as a baby after a jump. Okay, i don't know anything about RL military parachutes, but arnt you suppose to roll when you hit the ground to suppress the hard impact? Wouldnt be so hard for BIS to set the real speed for chutes.

Yeah, you do need to drop faster. You go high at all and eject, you've gota 10 min. ride to the ground, with full time compression on. My big gripe though is, YOU CAN'T EJECT, LET ALONE PARACHUTE FROM A CHOPPER! Those 4 or 5 titanium-composite rotor blades swirling 400 mph will end you up rather quickly. Presently there are only two helicopters in the world with ejection seats: The KA-50 Hokum and the KA-52 Hokum B. Rather than ejecting from a damaged helo, the game should model autorotate and the actual structural survivabilty. You can crash an Apache 150 mph into the ground and live, and usually even walk away from impacts under 90 mph

If you see some of the crashes in formula one, they are around 150MPH plus and drivers usually walk away from them.

Also when crashing a chopper you'd have some sort of control over it, so you could select somewhere soft to crash on.

Is that true about an Apache? It seems ridiculously fast! wink_o.gif

Yes, of course its true. You're only sitting in a multi-million dollar machine with a cockpit that's essentially a titanium bathtub! If the Apache's not shot out of the sky but hits the ground out of pilot error, even at modest speeds, it can survive and even still be flyable.

If you see some of the crashes in formula one, they are around 150MPH plus and drivers usually walk away from them.

Also when crashing a chopper you'd have some sort of control over it, so you could select somewhere soft to crash on.

Exactly. Though I'm going to give everybody a little physics lesson... When a stock car hits a wall at 200 mph, the forces are different from when you crash your Porsche (996) 911 Carerra 4 into a telephone pole at 200 mph. In the wreck with the Porsche, all of the energy obtained from the velocity you were travelling (your body mass times speed) is exerted on your body when you suddenly come to a dead stop. When you go into the wall on a race track, there's deflection. Not all of the force of impact in the opposite direction of your vector (direction/speed). The same is true in the Apache. You hit the ground at even a sharp 45-degree angle, you only experience half of the force (I think) of if you were to nose-dive into the ground at the same speed. Now, what makes the Apache so special is, in other helicopters, even if your body could survive the force of the impact, the chopper would smash to bits and blow up, killing you. Since the Apache has such great structural strength, the nose of the aircraft doesn't end up in your lap. So, if the force of impact doesn't press your organs so hard against the inside of your chest that they turn to mush, or the shockwave doesn't break your back, you can survive even a pretty hard crash. All because you don't stop dead. The helicopter could bounce, or slide along the ground for a while and then bury itself, and you'd be fine. I know this was very off-topic, but forgive me, it's relevant to a post that was relevant to a post that was relevant to this topic.