Sign in to follow this  
<>Crippler<>

Royal air force tornado gr4

Well,im my opinion the current one is allready too effective, I hear HAWK and Furia are developing a new flare system said to be more realistic.

Quote[/b] ]FURIA: we have a more realistic flare scheme release that is not 100% effective, so you should not just sit flying around while enemy planes waste all missiles on you and you got never hit

You also can see here a more realistic flare dispersion pattern.

For more details check here

Oh, I was thinking- should I keep the current flare system on it, or swap it for Footmunch's completely autonomous one (as seen on the Buccanner v1.1 and my RAF Jag retexture), the only problem with that one being that it can be too effective. What do you think?

Crippler

As long as you give credit, TJ is happy for you to use the Autonomus script that comes with the BAS MH-47. It's very realistic (would need minor tweaks to work with a Tornado) and is about 70-80% effective, so good for gameplay too.

And I really think you should investigate some form of flare system that does not require it being selected as a weapon, or uses mega geo to do its job wink_o.gif

P.S. And yes, you should finish the desert Tonka too!!!

oh come on painting them is cheating, no back breaking labour for weeks to get em perfect like when you use parade gloss! :P

mind, i did get em done to my ammo boots so i got no room to talk biggrin_o.gif

hehe, you'll find that the regular polish is a lot better than Parade Gloss, as it has a higher wax content and is easier to get up to a mirror like shine wink_o.gif

oh come on painting them is cheating, no back breaking labour for weeks to get em perfect like when you use parade gloss! :P

mind, i did get em done to my ammo boots so i got no room to talk biggrin_o.gif

hehe, you'll find that the regular polish is a lot better than Parade Gloss, as it has a higher wax content and is easier to get up to a mirror like shine wink_o.gif

heh i know, my normal "Oxfords" are still just as good as they were when i last polished them...nearly 4 years ago biggrin_o.gif

(albeit with a thick coating of dust tounge_o.gif )

layer of neutral, layer of parade gloss and another layer of neutral... the best way imo

(heh whats next? we gonna start discussing how to shave our berets? tounge_o.gif )

what a humiliating job acidcrash....

hmm i can tell youve never been in the forces then...

berets get all fluffy after a while and you have to shave the balls of fluff off or you get your CO jumping all over your bollocks (figure of speech)

all true. and our sergeant at cadets has a recent fetish for shaving the squadron number and "air training corps" badge. strange......

i personally use parade gloss and a lighter i knicked from my dad to polish my shoes

hmm i can tell youve never been in the forces then...

berets get all fluffy after a while and you have to shave the balls of fluff off or you get your CO jumping all over your bollocks (figure of speech)

Hehe, no i aws talking about washing the Tornado, not flying it

(If i get that right)

Well it would piss me off if i had to wash it and those Pilots make it all dirty again wink_o.gif

"Flt Sgt why is my aircraft look like a bag of shit?"

"but sir, its camoflage, help make you harder to see"

"camoflage...help make me harder to see from who? a blind man?"

well ok it sounded good in my head! ...leave me alone tounge_o.gif

Bah..Y'all wanna use Vaseline on your boots an shoes always works smile_o.gif

And Acid which forces were you in?

No thats not released yet- I didnt really finish it off, but I think I will carry on with it smile_o.gif Oh, I was thinking- should I keep the current flare system on it, or swap it for Footmunch's completely autonomous one (as seen on the Buccanner v1.1 and my RAF Jag retexture), the only problem with that one being that it can be too effective. What do you think?

Crippler

Crippler - You can adjust the spoofing effectiveness in three

ways:

1) Adjust the deflection choice

2) Adjust the range at which the deflection starts

3) Add a line at the start of spoofmissile.sqs that looks like

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_rndval = random(100)

?(_rndval > 80) : goto "Exit"

You could then adjust the exact fraction of missiles that

are not spoofed - that doesn't guarantee a hit however. If

you want me to do this stuff, I can promise you some time

next week (PM me) - I'd like to look into adding multi-

ordanance load-outs on the Tornado, and possible buddy-

lasing through the Bucc.

We now return you to 'When Blanco-ing Attacks' on Fox. (Do

you squaddies still use Blanco on your webbing?)

No thats not released yet- I didnt really finish it off, but I think I will carry on with it smile_o.gif Oh, I was thinking- should I keep the current flare system on it, or swap it for Footmunch's completely autonomous one (as seen on the Buccanner v1.1 and my RAF Jag retexture), the only problem with that one being that it can be too effective. What do you think?

Crippler

Crippler - You can adjust the spoofing effectiveness in three

ways:

1) Adjust the deflection choice

2) Adjust the range at which the deflection starts

3) Add a line at the start of spoofmissile.sqs that looks like

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_rndval = random(100)

?(_rndval > 80) : goto "Exit"

You could then adjust the exact fraction of missiles that

are not spoofed - that doesn't guarantee a hit however. If

you want me to do this stuff, I can promise you some time

next week (PM me) - I'd like to look into adding multi-

ordanance load-outs on the Tornado, and possible buddy-

lasing through the Bucc.

We now return you to 'When Blanco-ing Attacks' on Fox. (Do

you squaddies still use Blanco on your webbing?)

Yeh those new flares sound good biggrin_o.gif The model is binarised though, and so wont open in O2, so I dont know if it'd be possible to do the multi-ordnance loadout on it? I'm looking into finding more scripts to put on this at the moment, I'll put all the ones off the GR4 onto it and I've made it so after a certain damage level, nice black smoke pours out the back of it smile_o.gif

Crippler

hehe, shaving the berets, allways good... and the hairy-marys (jumpers), allways gotta shave them too...  crazy_o.gif

Anyho.. Cripler, I'm reviewing the tonka for OFPEC, and so far its looking good...

I'll make sure to PM you with any issues I find with it wink_o.gif

lol we have a new gay stlye of jumpers. they are well daft but at least you dont need something to tie them round the neck with so you cant seel you epolets

lemme guess...they brought the "ribbed"/"crew neck" jumpers back? *shudders*

/me clutches his "old, but not THAT old" style Crew neck Jumper

the new uniform sucks c**k...

Its basically the same as the Navy one, but with RAF trousers... I mean how G*Y is that!!!

god damn universal supplies, god damn dark dark blue shirts, god damn ribbed jumpers, damnit!!!

the new tri service shoes are well easy to polish though.... and are mory cumfy

While a discussion about uniforms may well be interesting for another thread it's off topic for this one smile_o.gif

Well if any of you are able to hex edit the binarized files or something to get at the Torndado model I hope you can change the MW-1 model into a JP-233 pod. Another cool idea would be developing a Storm Shadow stand-off submunitions dispenser that turns into a bunch of bomblets when it gets within a certain distance of the target. That would be superb! Has Colourchanger STILL not responded to emails from you guys??? Have you tried contacting other members of the G8 team. They should be able to work with you guys to give you the un-binarized Tornado so that you can help them improve the RAF Tornados. For awhile the G8 team was extremely active and really crancking out the addons, but lately they seem to be kinda dead. Anyone hear any news on the G8 team regarding what they've been up to and what happened to ColourChanger? I helped him with the .cpp on his Tornado and he seemed like a nice guy. I hope everything is well with him and that he helps you all out on his Tornado so that you guys can make awesome RAF variants of it.

Plus if you guys are able to develop a Storm Shadow for the Tornado, I'm sure he'd be interested in using that on the G8 Italian Tornados.

Anyways I hope you guys can work something out with him. It's always good to see addon makers cooperating and helping each other out.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Plus if you guys are able to develop a Storm Shadow for the Tornado, I'm sure he'd be interested in using that on the G8 Italian Tornados.  

Well actually the AMI don't use the Storm Shadow but nvm smile_o.gif