Sign in to follow this  
HotShot

Crash landings

I was wondering if anyone else would want planes and helicopters to be able to crash land, and not blow up, or at least not striaght away so the pilot has a chance to get away. You can gte out fine if the plane or chopper crash at a very low altitude, but i want you to be able to do a belly landing with a plane and not always blow up (depending on how smoothly you land the plane and the planes damage level already), just sparks. And choppers should be able to crash and the pilots are still alive at a higher altitude. It just looks stupid that in some crashes the plane or chopepr would, in real life, be escapable, but in OFP the pilots dead, or if you land a plane perfectly, but with no gear down so you blow up into a 100mph fire ball crazy_o.gif

that would be good..

also being able to bail out when ur pretty high

and maybe an alarm for the back ( transport planes/helis)

so many times hav i died from trying to tell the crew were going down, only to find i'm the last one on there... sad_o.gif

also, there cud be a kinda 'on fire and falling' period

except from a direct hit which will take u down, most shud just disable you

this has already been discussed numerous times.

I have told people about realistic autorotation procedures and posted videos of helicopter crashes.

I hope someone important has noticed what i've said.

this has already been discussed numerous times.

Yep, and just on a sidenote, mostly un-realsistic autorotation landings are already possible in OFP1. It's a bit of a joke but it works when you learn how it has been coded.

I have also done some belly landings if I remember, but maybe at low speeds only.