Sign in to follow this  
Sid

Some questions

It has been almost exactly one whole year since I played OR been on these forums. Wow - look at all those addons... we didn't have that convenience "Back in my days".

Anyways, I FINALLY got around to buying Resistance, and man - I should have bought it sooner.

Now, I have a few questions:

1.) How do I make the Cockpit Textures of a Vehicle look better? (Do I decrease the overall size?)

2.) How would I make things sit atop of an object? (Ie. Putting a Turret onto a look-out tower.)

Anyways, thanks for your time,

-Sid

P.S. Has anybody made a 1985 Dodge Ramcharger yet?

well I can answer number 1.

In the operation flashpoint folder click on OPERATION FLASHPOINT PREFERENCES.

This enables you to select more options than you can in-game.

Select ADVANCED on the right, and then the TEXTURES tab.

This enables you to set the resolution of cockpits, objects, landscape and special effects.

Number 2 is a more complex mission editing question

Thanks. SO I decrease the texture size to make it look sharper?

Well no 1 appears to have been answered so I'll do number 2.

Ok Im no editer at all, most of my supposedly complex missions lie in half finished unusable messes, the only ones I ever do properly are massive straight out shoot outs which are fun in themselves but will never be truly great. Anyway

To make something sit on something there are two ways. One is a very simple way which usually wont work in the editor. It is simply to place a unit on the structure u want it up and hope it goes up there. U can do this to some church towers and guard towers. However this will NOT work for vehicles such as machine guns

To do this u need to set their Height. Write this in the Init box

[getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) + 10]

This will set the unit 10 metres in the air.

I dont know the ins and outs of it at all I'm afriad but I believe getpos 0, 1, and 2 merely state that the unit does exist in its CURRENT position. The 10 is all u need to concentrate on, just change that to whatever value u need the unit at. U CAN use decimals remember. It's very useful. But ur better off asking a serious editor, I believe Ronins quite into it, he made the well reknowned Hamburger Beach mission. Ask on the "Editing forums" U'll get a better answer

Thanks - I'll try that now.

Oh, and anybody willing to PM me on this "BIS Fun Site"? lol, thanks for your time.

Didn't work. It keeps saying "Error Type Array - expect nothing" and the Unit screen doesn't go away. And at the top is said, "Invalid number in expression" but I typed it all out write. Whats up with this?!

Oh - and another thing: How do I make it so a fire is lit when I start a map?

Please search under "setpos" in mission editing section for complete answer smile_o.gif

Thank-you, I shall search for that now.

*Sigh* my search yeilded no results.

Oh - and another thing: How do I make it so a fire is lit when I start a map?

in the fires init field:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this inflame true

Sorry maybe so u have to say THIS [getpos this select 0, getpos this select 1, (getpos this select 2) + 10].

Saying this tells the editor you want the command line to occur to the object in which u are typing the init.

Quote[/b] ]This setpos[getpos this select0, getpos this select 1,2]

Experiment with the 2 at the end to get the right height that you want.

@cero.

when you search, make sure the setting near the bottom is set on "before", not "after" (it's an iKonboard bug)

@cero has the answer IMO. smile_o.gif

Thanks everyone! One last thing: How do I add sound/music to my missions?

Hmm... "We'll meet again" by Vera Lynn... Heh.

Again - I'm sorry. It's been a while since I used these forums; but then again I guess it's the same for all forums, eh? biggrin_o.gif

Hold on - let me search... I hope it will go better than my last search. Thanks for your time.

Wow - I just realised how complicated making a mission for OFP really is.... I think I'm just going to scrap my efforts and stick with the basics.

I have so many questions about the Editor; but the search doesn't seem to understand what I'm asking... rock.gif

EDIT: (Later today)

Well heck - I was thinking of asking all my Mission Editing questions here ('cause the search wasn't getting any results that were very helpful), but then I was thinking...

My question to you: Is there any Thread or readme file with basic scripts?

What rotten luck - the link doesn't work. ...And I tried it in Google, and with both browsers...

Hi Sid, give the mission editing forum a read quite a lot of questions have been answered there.

The OFPEC.com does work for me, try again a bit later.

RED

Thanks all of you for your time! I Just read over some Tutorials at Opflash.org.

Oh, and P.S., one last question: Has anybody given any thought about making a 1985 Dodge Ramcharger Royal Special Edition? biggrin_o.gif

If you want some help in mission editing , give a look at the Mission Editing FAQ that is located in the Mission Editing&Scripting forum

It is an interesting reading with lots of very usefull help in the 6 pages of this FAQ.

If you have questions about mission editing,create a new topic in the mission editing&scripting forum , people will help you there, and do not be afraid to read several pages of the editing forum , you will learn A LOT

Hmmm - okay, that helped a lot, but I only have one question: How do I get Briefing into the game? I know how to do it (I think) I'm just not sure where to put the .html code. rock.gif