Sign in to follow this  
KEVBAZ

Operation humpfrey

Operation Humpfrey

splash.jpg

by KevBaz

(kevbaz@yahoo.com)

Addons required

<a href="http://www.opflashpoint.org/downloads/addons/175-STT%20Desert%20Malden.zip" target="_blank">STT_Desert Island

</a>BAS_deradDelta/rangers

BAS_MH47185

<a href="http://www.opflashpoint.org/downloads/addons/48-MAF%20HMMWV%20Desert.zip" target="_blank">

MAF_Hummer</a>

MAF ST Truck

USS ASHLAND

OFPEC Blood

EDITOR UPDATE 102

Map Name: Operation_Humpfrey

Type: MultiPlayer COOP 1-8

Island:Desert Malden

Version required:  Res 1.90

OPERATION HUMPFREY

A few hours ago a small and lightly armed American convoy, found itself in the middle of an enemy held town, subsequently the convoy was destroyed, as shown on this satellite image taken at the time of the incident, it is unknown if there were any survivor's.

This is where you come in, you are to be transported via chopper from the USS Ashland to a small camp near the friendly airport, here there are a number of vehicles for use at your discretion, from here you can launch your search of the town for survivor's.

If you locate any POW's secure them and get them to the extraction point, do not let them die!

Guest Hitman[SWAF]

Downloading, sounds nice smile_o.gif

That's quite a lot of addons for an MP mission. did you get any servers to host it?

I played the mission through in single player mode (in the editor) It's quite fun. I liked especially the barricades in the city very realistic. And it's challenging because of the large number of units guarding the city. Although I think it was too easy to liberate just one captive. I would find it far more challenging to look for any other captives in the city. (You could put one in any upper floor i.e.).

One thing was really annoying: After I brought the hostage to the beach (extraction point) there was no ship anymore! I found out it has already departed to the next WP. I played the mission again with a second ship but the trigger (ending) doesn't kick in. It just happens nothing.

Besides this a cool mission, still I think in coop mode far too easy. (Maybe because I attacked the city from the right flank. Not frontally. So I placed two snipers a the machine gunner right before the hill and they cleaned almost the whole city, then I rushed in with two other soldiers to the building where the hostage was. I could get in from behind and take the hostage very quickly and easily.

How about implement a moment of surprise? Like: The hostage would stay for about 15 min in the city and then would be displaced to another facility, i.e. a bunker or a prison.

One more thing: I had to use the removeallweapons script to prevent that the hostage would play a terrorist by throwing grenades and killing himself along with the guards. smile_o.gif

thanks for the feedback

Others have mentioned it was to easy, so im adding a few more troops ect, the boat at the end is causing me trouble, i might do it so that you use yer radio to call it in and while u wait u get attacked, still working on that though.

Any other suggestions/bugs let me know

cheers