Sign in to follow this  
DRa1N

Respawning at different waypoints

I've already searched and found only info on respawning and nothing on what I'm actually after

my mate is new to ofp. loves the game but sucks at it, we like to LAN and play co op missions. only problem is he dies alot and hasn't got used to the non rambo style gameplay as such yet.

anyway, i've created a simple mission where we are snipers and go round executing squads of enemies. we follow waypoints and at certain places there is a supply of ammo.

so what i want to know is how to make it so we respawn at the last waypoint we crossed. that way we dont have to go all the way back to our insertion point.

respawn_west is west's respawn area.

player is name of player.

I think this should work. Put it in all WP's "on activation" field.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">respawn_west setPos (getpos player)

thank you, but could you go into a bit more detail please? because I'm really new to the mission editing scene.

If we have two players e.g one being called player and the other player1

would i have to add both names in the init field?

would i have to add both names in the init field?

One is enough. The WP will move to that one. I'm at work, sry.

heh sorry mate i'm in new zealand and have just woken up smile_o.gif

as such I haven't had a chance yet, in another 4 hours or so ill have a go at it.

just to clarify

i need to create a marker at each waypoint i want to respawn at and give it a name, make respawning true in that sqs file. and then add your code to the onactivation field on every way point that i want to respawn at?

hmm nope it didnt work, i just respawn a short distance from my body.

Put

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

"respawn_west" setMarkerPos getPos this

into "on activation" line of each waypoint.

yeah i've tried that and it doesnt want to work sad_o.gif

Just make it so the Respawn Marker moves to the WP when you get there and make sure Repawn is on BASE.

Not sure if this will work but try it and you will need to add markers above the WP's

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> Respawn_West setmarkerpos(getmarkerpos WPName)