Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

Maxpayne 2

What's so special with Max Payne?

It's only a 3rd person shooter with candy and slo-mo crazy_o.gif

A story for those who bother to read it and lots and lots of hype.

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>ALL, I SAY AGAIN : EYECANDY=!GAMEPLAY</span>

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]What's so special with Max Payne?

ah nothing really... just another 3rd person shooter that introduced bullet time, that had nice animations and fast paced movie action feel, dark cold and misterious city environment and an ok plot, nice dramatic music, good graphics, good performance and no bugs that i can remember biggrin_o.gif .

Something interesting to relief me from all the tention and fear of playing OPF you see wink_o.gif .

Exactly Heatseeker. Max payne certainly stands out in the crowd! (or at least it did in 2001)

Never has a game been so stylish and well thought-out (except for that blood maze level crazy_o.gif )

Maxpayne is/was a really great game. Not all games can be hyper realistic and have LAV's and rouge communist colonels in them. OFP is a great game, but it isn't the only one. And OFP is also a third person action game kinda.... You have the third person view mode and uhm... Sometimes there is action!

ALL, I SAY AGAIN : EYECANDY=!GAMEPLAY

Not sure with what you meant by that. But if you are saying that MAxpayne didn't have good gameplay I am not sure what to say. And the story was good, felt like I was part of some low budget hollywood reject B-movie. Wich is good. Not to mention all the eye candy. Nothing sweeter than doing a sidejump with bullets soaring at you and then putting down the law on a few two bit punks tounge_o.gif

If you know OFP-scripting you know what I was thinking smile_o.gif

"=!" means "not equal to"

Unfortunately I wasted money on Max Payne sad_o.gif

A game with eyecandy, a half-assed story and no gameplay-value (IMO).

I loved the original Max Payne (except for the dream levels which blew), great graphics, great acerbic humour, great story (to someone like me who loves the whole good cop gone bad due to extreme emotional stress) smile_o.gif

Oh yes, the dream levels were awful. And a bit "scary" aswell... Jumped off my chair when I took a wrong turn the first time and heard some werido scream. But one dream sequence had it's strong point (one of the last ones) when Max was talking on the phone with that Valkyre lady. A great game moment for me smile_o.gif

Oh yes, the dream levels were awful. And a bit "scary" aswell... Jumped off my chair when I took a wrong turn the first time and heard some werido scream. But one dream sequence had it's strong point (one of the last ones) when Max was talking on the phone with that Valkyre lady. A great game moment for me smile_o.gif

i definatly HATED the dream levels, the worst moment of gameplay , it was not fun at all and made me want to stop playing find some savegames or uninstall the game.

Well, the sequel seems much better than the original so far, good physics, beatiful and fast graphics (ran fine on my 1800+/512MB DDR/GF2pro high settings). And those dream sequences are now much less annoying too. smile_o.gif

Well, the sequel seems much better than the original so far, good physics, beatiful and fast graphics (ran fine on my 1800+/512MB DDR/GF2pro high settings). And those dream sequences are now much less annoying too. smile_o.gif

becuase there are still dream sequences? thats a nono, not going to buy. mad_o.gif

I remember the original had very good graphics and ran very well, cant wait for the 24th for it to come out here in EU.

And the game is modable too so i guess some nice custom levels and mods will come out soon smile_o.gif .

And the game is modable too so i guess some nice custom levels and mods will come out soon smile_o.gif .

And the first one wasn´t?

@ Oct. 16 2003,21:15)]And the first one wasn´t?

Yes it was, i remember a good one called "the Dojo" where Max would do some kung fu fighting and Matrix moves, very nice stuff smile_o.gif .

becuase there are still dream sequences? thats a nono, not going to buy. mad_o.gif

Trust me, there was no platform jumping and at least I couldnt find any way to get myself killed in the dreams. They are more like cutscenes now.

Trust me, there was no platform jumping and at least I couldnt find any way to get myself killed in the dreams. They are more like cutscenes now.

You have the game, give it here tounge_o.gif I expect a full review by tomorrow wink_o.gif

O.K O.K dumb question: Is Max Payne2 out in Europe? I have looked at all (that I know of) the Swedish web retailers but nothing so far! And I am not going to the computer store, too lazy for that tounge_o.gif

O.K O.K dumb question: Is Max Payne2 out in Europe? I have looked at all (that I know of) the Swedish web retailers but nothing so far! And I am not going to the computer store, too lazy for that tounge_o.gif

We euros must wait for the 24th crazy_o.gif , and our american buddies here are problably too adicted to it so they cant review it for us, and that is problably a good sign smile_o.gif .

I heard it's really short, I hate short games sad_o.gif

I hear the same thing. Peopls that were quite good at max payne 1 can beat the second game in 10 hours. But it's really worth it, right now im at Part 2 Chapter 4 and its awesome!!

Isn't Resistance short?  rock.gif

1. Resistance is an expansion. It's not a new game.

2. OFP has a mission editor to allow for user made expansions/mods/missions/campaigns. Does Max Payne 2?